Women don't check tyres

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by M3 GFY, Jul 16, 2021.

1. 21 Jul 2021 at 5:24 PM #21
    Sanseru

Sanseru Wearing official crakows

What're you driving?:
    Current E92 M3 (a keeper) Gone F20 M135i, E46 M3 vert, Gone SWB Defender, Gone E46 M3 coupe
    Colour Combo:
    Inter-lagos Blue, extended fox leather.
    Daughter phoned me last evening, Dad oil lights come on, me where are you? Daughter on M20 Me right slow down get to nearest petrol station check your oil.
    Next call, Dad Kia are getting a snotty e-mail they didn't do the oil on the last service its empty. Me, when was it last serviced? Daughter January! :bh:
    Me, send snotty e-mail to yourself in caps put MUST CHECK OIL REGULARLY!!

2. 21 Jul 2021 at 5:34 PM #22
    stuartk

stuartk Flexing a golden cincture

What're you driving?:
    None
    Colour Combo:
    NA
    To be fair if I had a new ish car that had emptied itself of oil in 6 months I wouldn’t be impressed.

3. 22 Jul 2021 at 12:39 AM #23
    class2ldn

class2ldn Rocking a new hat

What're you driving?:
    M140I
    My Mrs never had any desire to drive my m4. She loved driving my m140i but I did get her to send me pics of how far she had parked from the kerb as the wheels on her mini look like they've been attacked by an angle grinder.
    She's a good driver but her 2 downfalls are road rage and parking.
    We went dogging once and by the time she had finished parking everyone had gone home :D.

4. 22 Jul 2021 at 8:41 AM #24
    BigAl

BigAl Standard amice donned

What're you driving?:
    E92 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Fox red with a Schwarz2 colour change. Jerez sucks!
    In this day and age we are not supposed to use stereotypes, but with the stories here... many (not all :D) female attitudes to vehicles certainly seem to be somewhat careless.

Years ago I bought my ex-wife her first decent car, was an Audi TT and at the time of this particular incident - it was a 5yrs old. She phoned me one night around 9.30pm saying "I hit the kerb earlier and now its making some strange noises".

So it transpired that she had been due to meet her girlfirends for dinner at 7pm and was running late. She'd come to a trafficlight interchange (she knew well) and whislt turning right, when the filter light came on... she proceeded to driver the poor TT straight into the traffic island bollard, yes that big yellow thing with the arrow pointing which side you should be (of said island, to avoid confusion, which had confused her)... she hit it straight on and properly mounted the kerb, destroying the bollard. She'd then proceeded to reverse off the island, and contune to her desination 2mins round the corner; to have a good old gossip/feed up with her girly mates.... whilst the poor TT was abondoned outside the resaurant, until her 9.30pm departure when she called me.

At the time, I had a car transporter which, had she called me at the time of the incident; I would of gone and recovered the poor Audi.

However, when she called at 9.30pm I was knee deep in red wine and there was no chance. When she called and explained what happened I was livid, I asked her to look on the road under the car to see if there were any fluids leaking out onto the road, there weren't... "ok, so what you are going to do is put your hazzard lights on, and drive home at 20mph... and I don't care its 10miles and will seem like an age, your problem - deal with it".

It was of course my problem ultimately. Cost me £5k to fix sourcing parts through contacts and pulled/sprayed by a mate. Would of been a write off had the insurance being involved.

No matter how much I thought about the circumstances of the incident, I could not comprehend her behaviour.

M3G likes this.
  5. 22 Jul 2021 at 9:20 AM #25
    M3G

M3G On the path

What're you driving?:
    2010 E93 M3
    The issue is (most) women see cars as a tool to get from A to B and dont’t care what the car is or the condition it's in. It's not a priority to them. However, in the home it's a different matter....... I was once fixing some damage to the wife's car (not sure what now, bumper, door mirror etc) and I walked into the house with wet shoes on, leaving footprints on the freshly vacuumed carpet. The wife went mad as I explained that if she hadn't damaged the car I wouldn't have to repair it and wouldn't be leaving wet footprints on ‘her’ carpet. I didn't win the argument (note to self: don't argue with a woman; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!)

6. 22 Jul 2021 at 10:24 AM #26
    YMBF80

YMBF80 Flexing a golden cincture

What're you driving?:
    2018 6MT F80 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Yas Marina Blue / Silverstone
    You can never win an argument with a woman, trust me lol. Even if they're wrong and evidence proves so, they'll switch it and make you wrong or bring up some other **** that is only slightly related but no related in your eyes and use that against you.

7. 22 Jul 2021 at 10:29 AM #27
    M3 GFY

M3 GFY Flexing a golden cincture

What're you driving?:
    Bugger All
    Think of all the money you're now saving with her being your ex-wife.:D

BigAl likes this.
  8. 22 Jul 2021 at 10:31 AM #28
    M3 GFY

M3 GFY Flexing a golden cincture

What're you driving?:
    Bugger All
    They are also like elephants and never forget an argument. They will remind you of things you've said and done many many years ago, that you have no recollection or memory of. If it wasn't for the sex men wouldn't really bother.:D

YMBF80 likes this.
  9. 22 Jul 2021 at 10:33 AM #29
    M3G

M3G On the path

What're you driving?:
    2010 E93 M3
    Indeed. Can you lease them in the same way as a car? Preferably by the hour :muttley:

YMBF80 likes this.
  10. 22 Jul 2021 at 10:38 AM #30
    YMBF80

What're you driving?:
    2018 6MT F80 M3
    Colour Combo:
    My ex was the same, she'd bring up stuff from 2 years prior just to try and win the current argument.

11. 22 Jul 2021 at 10:39 AM #31
    Peasley

Peasley Achieved official socks

What're you driving?:
    F80 M3 Comp
    When I met my (now) wife she had a silver Ford focus with a sticker on the back that read 'I'm speeding cos I need a poo'.

Anyway, I noticed that the tyres were pretty bald and flat so given the lack of attention given to the tyres thought I'd check the fluids.

She constantly ran it on the scent of an oily rag, no fuel, no oil, no coolant, basically no fluids whatsoever! :eek:

How the thing ran I'll never know.

12. 22 Jul 2021 at 11:21 AM #32
    Steve Sarg

Steve Sarg Rocking a new hat

What're you driving?:
    2002 D2 S8
    Colour Combo:
    Black
    I have to say my missus is polar opposite, she's been well trained over the years and now looks after her cars really well. Even coached her how to wash them properly, and she does.

She can tell when tyres are wearing and losing grip, lets me know to order new ones, fills her own wash fluid, and is always careful with where and how she parks.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    MandyM3 likes this.
  13. 22 Jul 2021 at 11:25 AM #33
    Peasley

Peasley Achieved official socks

What're you driving?:
    F80 M3 Comp
    There's a seriously lucrative business opportunity at hand here, Steve
    :muttley:

MandyM3 likes this.
  14. 22 Jul 2021 at 12:38 PM #34
    MandyM3

MandyM3 Flexing a golden cincture

What're you driving?:
    2006 BMW M3 Convertible
    Colour Combo:
    Estoril blue, champagne nappa leather
    Glad to see this, from all the stories above I was beginning to think I'm the only fussy mare when it comes to my car and driving... :thumbsup:

GolfDuck and Peasley like this.
  15. 22 Jul 2021 at 1:10 PM #35
    YMBF80

What're you driving?:
    2018 6MT F80 M3
    Colour Combo:
    My girlfriend doesn't drive yet but she takes great care with my car, i.e. cleaning it with me (knows how to do it properly) and also tells me if I'm too close to something or if the splitter might scrape a bump or kerb.

MandyM3 likes this.
  16. 22 Jul 2021 at 4:21 PM #36
    MIM3

MIM3 Wearing official underwear

What're you driving?:
    BMW m3
    My ex wife smashed her first car 5 minutes after going out alone in it. Phoned me from the top of the road.
    Gave her another car went out with her alot to help her get used to driving. a week later seemed ok to be let out alone.. 5 mins later she phones me she's had a accident.
    Got her a third car, got her extra lessons and went out with her myself alot.
    Within 10 mins she'd had a accident.
    All 3 times were heavy accident damage like drive shafts out, wheel at 90 degrees to were it should be, chassis damage.
    That was the last time she drove, I couldn't risk hers or any other persons safety. I gave her 3 chances and luckily no one was hurt.

My current Mrs is a excellent driver keeps her car spotless too. Told her she she needs to get on a track.

17. 23 Jul 2021 at 12:15 PM #37
    M3G

M3G On the path

What're you driving?:
    2010 E93 M3
    I went out on a Friday to collect some food for work colleagues once (and only once) with one of the office girls. She hated driving as it terrified her, but was a necessity as she lived out in the sticks. Anyway, she would drive as fast as she could around country lanes to reduce the time she spent behind the wheel, I just held my breath. On the way back she told me that she hates roundabouts the most and closed her eyes and hoped for the best! Oddly, in the time I knew her she never had an accident (but probably caused a few)

An ex-girlfriend crashed 3 times coming over to visit me. I had her move in after the third time as it was safer for everyone lol

It's not just the ladies though. A male friend of mine went round a corner too fast, lost control and ended up on top of a small wall with all four wheels off the ground. Another time another corner and more excessive speed he buried a car in some hedges, I could go on about his driving but beat not too as he is a development engineer for JLR!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  18. 23 Jul 2021 at 1:16 PM #38
    YMBF80

What're you driving?:
    2018 6MT F80 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Does he work on the safety systems? :muttley:.

19. 23 Jul 2021 at 1:45 PM #39
    M3G

M3G On the path

What're you driving?:
    2010 E93 M3
    Yes he does!

Once he had a prototype Jag out on a road test and I watched as he reversed directly into a camper van. Apparently, the reversing sensors didn't work with the radio switched off - or so he found out!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    YMBF80 likes this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)