Who's getting the vaccine then?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bootyman, Dec 4, 2020.

1. 23 Feb 2021 at 3:58 PM #5141
    Country Boy

Country Boy Wearing official crakows

What're you driving?:
    F82 M4
    Trouble is you also don't choose to have your mental health, kids education, economy, freedoms, choice decimated at the moment the Government do. I'm not debating covid hasn't caused deaths/health problems but I'm sick of the virtue signalling, guilt tripping spiel that's used to justify everything that's happened. Look at Hancock when fronted with the underhand procuring of contracts, his only response was ' we were saving lives' like that's the end of the argument! It all reminds me of this .

2. 23 Feb 2021 at 4:02 PM #5142
    theworkerb

theworkerb Wearing official crakows

What're you driving?:
    03 E46 M3 - Mystic Blue
    Yeah but I didn't want to mention that as I enjoy driving :oops:

Country Boy and JBristow like this.
  3. 23 Feb 2021 at 4:06 PM #5143
    Country Boy

What're you driving?:
    F82 M4
    Thats ok no offence pal. I just like to point out the madness that has taken over people, I know you think I'm a bit 'out there' with my views but equally I look around and think the vast majority have gone crazy. I'm as equally bewildered with you if it makes you feel better? Its like Black Mirrors/Tales of the Unexpected and the Twilight Zone combined. If people just took a breath , came out from behind the sofa and asked themselves 'what is going on' we might be able to get back to normal at some time soon.

Smuler, Schmeel, matt f and 1 other person like this.
  4. 23 Feb 2021 at 4:14 PM #5144
    M3 GFY

M3 GFY Flexing a golden cincture

What're you driving?:
    F83 M4 WITH A CARBON TIPPED MPE
    Colour Combo:
    Sakhir Orange/Full Black Leather with Sakhir Orange Stitching
    People die putting their trousers on in the morning. What has other deaths got to with Covid. I have had numerous family deaths over the last year or so and none at all from Covid. I'm not stupid enough to think it's not a threat and I treat it accordingly. Breaking News. We are human and are ALL going to die. I'd rather it not be from something I can avoid by using common sense.

5. 23 Feb 2021 at 4:26 PM #5145
    rsk21

rsk21 Flexing a golden cincture

:peace:
    Thanks for the considered reply :thumbsup:

I consider myself a nailed on centrist believe it or not !

I’m not a fan of lockdown and I think some people are off the chart daft at either end fwiw.

But I do think plenty of folk on here understand why govt has reacted as it has it has even if we don’t agree with all of the ways in which they have responded.

It’s a nasty disease, it’s a new disease, it spreads more quickly than others of its type, it kills people before their time and so kills more people than society is used to on a yearly basis - these things combined are the starting point for me.

It’s my strong belief those things are inviolable truths and should be the basis for any societal/political response.

It is also vital though that there is critique of that response to hold those who lead and implement it accountable. But it has , in my opinion, to come from a position that recognises the underlying truths above.

:peace:

Country Boy and Schmeel like this.
  6. 23 Feb 2021 at 4:31 PM #5146
    M3POWERBOY

M3POWERBOY Sponsor

What're you driving?:
    E46 M3 SMG Coupe
    Colour Combo:
    Silver Grey/Black Nappa/Alcantara Custom Recaro CS/CSL
    Got mine Saturday morning

Snowdog likes this.
  7. 23 Feb 2021 at 4:45 PM #5147
    JBristow

JBristow Wearing official crakows

What're you driving?:
    E90 M3 6mt
    Colour Combo:
    Jerez/Bamboo

Other deaths were mentioned as a comparison hence, I made a comment. I also think CV represents a threat, and have made some adjustments as a result (I actually follow the majority of the rules believe it or not). I suppose parallels are drawn to demonstrate the different way in which this disease has been addressed relative to how any other disease is presently treated. Given the impact of said regulations, I think its legitimate to do this . I agree that minimizing death should be the main objective hence why I too believe a common sense approach/review of what we are doing is correct (the does lockdown cause more deaths than it saves, argument)

I'm aware of your breaking news, not sure that Hancock got the memo.

8. 23 Feb 2021 at 4:47 PM #5148
    JBristow

What're you driving?:
    E90 M3 6mt
    Colour Combo:
    Jerez/Bamboo

Nice:thumbsup2:

rsk21 likes this.
  9. 23 Feb 2021 at 4:59 PM #5149
    M3 GFY

What're you driving?:
    Colour Combo:
    Great. The faster the majority have had it the faster we can get out of this nightmare scenario. I hope to get mine soon as I'm getting on a bit now.

M3POWERBOY likes this.
  10. 23 Feb 2021 at 5:00 PM #5150
    M3 GFY

What're you driving?:
    Colour Combo:
    I'm hoping once the majority of the world has been vaccinated then we will just treat Covid like the Flu. An annual jab may be required for those that are vulnerable and we can literally get back to how we lived before.

JBristow and Country Boy like this.
  11. 23 Feb 2021 at 5:47 PM #5151
    M3 GFY

What're you driving?:
    Colour Combo:
    No cases of Flu this year. That’s with very few actually getting a Flu jab. Masks and Social Distancing have obviously helped. Surely with the majority of the population having a Covid vaccine we really can get our old lives back.

12. 23 Feb 2021 at 5:50 PM #5152
    Termie

Termie Achieved official socks

What're you driving?:
    M3 F80 CP (67)
    Colour Combo:
    Tanzanite Blue / Black
    Feel free to elaborate - what IS going on that most of us cannot see? I see your posts, and can predict your "liking" behaviour, but I can't quite tell your position. Is it that there is no virus? Is it that we should have just ignored it, done nothing, and just accept those that die or get side effects as part of the risks of normal life? Is it that if we ignored it, death rates would have been unchanged? Is it that we are being lied to in a global conspiracy the likes of which has never been witnessed before? So clarify for us, what is going on? I certainly can't tell what is going on in your mind, except you appear to grasp onto every possible justification for just letting you behave as if nothing has changed, and seem to have a view that our leaders in our government, medicine, and pharma (amongst others) are doing something that is not to your liking.

I certainly don't feel we don't always get the truth from our leaders, and they are to an extent manipulating messaging to get us us to behave as they wish - but that is pretty much like politicians do on every day of the week ever. Do I think there is some great sinister master plan? No, I don't believe them competent enough to execute something this elaborate at this scale without fooking it up, and fail to see what makes it worth them doing so unless there is a Bond villain somewhere I can't see. But forget what I think, as you are one of the most active on this thread, plain and simple, what is it that you actually think is going on?

lawsy likes this.
  13. 23 Feb 2021 at 6:10 PM #5153
    matt f

matt f Rocking a new hat

What're you driving?:
    E92 m3
    Colour Combo:
    Jerez black / Silver novello
    I had a text from my doctors today inviting me to book the jab..weird as im 43 and healthy'i think'.
    Im going to call the surgery tomorrow to find out why im eligible..and politely tell them someone else can have it.

fireblade1, Smuler and C1CDG like this.
  14. 23 Feb 2021 at 6:16 PM #5154
    JBristow

What're you driving?:
    E90 M3 6mt
    Colour Combo:
    Jerez/Bamboo
    Have a look at the chart under section 2 (below link), over 4582 deaths where influenza or pneumonia was considered the main pre existing condition in deaths recorded as with CV19. This information ended in June so hard to know how many more occurred later that were also attributed to CV19 (but if it stayed at roughly the same percentage (9.5%), then another 6000 would be a fair extrapolation) Of course I don't know if all of them would have died without CV, but what it does show is that a lot of people still got flu
    A Forensic Look at the COVID19 Numbers - One Year On : Covid Watching

I hope so too. The concern I have is that what will actually happen is that we start treating flu like CV. After all, Hancock has a habit of saying the exact opposite of what he means

15. 23 Feb 2021 at 6:16 PM #5155
    M3POWERBOY

M3POWERBOY Sponsor

What're you driving?:
    E46 M3 SMG Coupe
    Colour Combo:
    Got a text this morning

44 - I’m on very strong Auto Immune Suppressing drugs for my Ulcerative Colitis

You must have some thing wrong with you/ a certain age or are a frontline worker to get a text/vaccine now

16. 23 Feb 2021 at 6:19 PM #5156
    Country Boy

What're you driving?:
    F82 M4
    I think you've taken that the wrong way. Not 'what is going on ' in a conspiratorial way , more of a 'what are we doing ' .

17. 23 Feb 2021 at 6:28 PM #5157
    Schmeel

Schmeel Standard amice donned

What're you driving?:
    997 Hartech
    Colour Combo:
    Black / Black
    Well put gents.

What I took from of your points, it's clear to see where you both/they converge.

Accountability.

I agree with you CB in that, questions need to be asked on how this whole situation has been handled.

I agree with you RS in that, first we need to get a proper handle on the situation by getting in control of this convoluted mess. Then we ask those all important questions.

Whilst I do feel the frustration at a lot of the decisions made (I am not happy about lockdown). I am an optimist at heart.
    So I choose that philosophy, coupled with a pragmatic approach in order to traverse these murky waters. Trusting our ship can sail straight and true.

So that as many of us possible, can live to fight another day.

lawsy and Country Boy like this.
  18. 23 Feb 2021 at 6:45 PM #5158
    Termie

Termie Achieved official socks

What're you driving?:
    M3 F80 CP (67)
    Colour Combo:
    Tanzanite Blue / Black
    OK, fair enough. In your post, you said "I look around and think the vast majority have gone crazy", and then referenced Black Mirrors, Tales of the Unexpected and the Twilight Zone, so I thought perhaps you had some other theory.

I ask myself what are we doing (as a nation) many times, but I still like to believe that the vast majority of people leading us still want the same outcome as we do - less people to die, a limited economic hit as far as possible, and lives to return to normal as soon as possible. Even if ignoring their own humanity, just as vain tosser-esque politicians and public figures, they know how they handled this pandemic will be etched in history and their decisions scrutinised. I doubt any of them want to be remembered poorly in history, and that will also be quite prevalent in their mind. I don't think they are a particularly competent lot, but that doesn't mean every decision they make is necessarily wrong, or motivated by the wrong reasons, even if I disagree with several myself.

Country Boy and rsk21 like this.
  19. 23 Feb 2021 at 6:46 PM #5159
    matt f

matt f Rocking a new hat

What're you driving?:
    E92 m3
    Colour Combo:
    Jerez black / Silver novello
    No nothing..i am a builder?

20. 23 Feb 2021 at 6:54 PM #5160
    M3POWERBOY

M3POWERBOY Sponsor

What're you driving?:
    E46 M3 SMG Coupe
    Colour Combo:
    Odd eh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 5)

1. Termie