Where to in Aberdeen?

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Jam89M3, Aug 15, 2018.

1. 15 Aug 2018 at 9:12 PM #1
    Jam89M3

Jam89M3 Wearing official underwear

Your Motor:
    57 E92 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Black / Black
    Hi guys, few questions for some services in Aberdeen or as close as possible for my E92 M3 if anyone can help.

Can anyone recommend a body shop to have a front bumper resprayed? Don't want to pay huge amount but also looking for good work and finish (I know I'm in dream land)

Where can I get an Oil check done to gauge the wear on my Bearings? Cars coming on 51,000 miles but just wanting to get it checked as I've just got the car.

Can you recommend a good Indy for servicing? I may still put the car into BMW but if someone knows of an Indy with a good reputation I'm all ears

Also looking for a decent garage for checking wheel balancing and alignment? I've used laws and Kwik fit with previous cars but I never got the feeling they done the job correctly. Kwik fit returned my car to me with the steering wheel sitting at 45 degrees!

Finally Does anyone up here do coding beyond what the Carly app can do?

Appreciate any help anyone can offer

Cheers

2. 16 Aug 2018 at 12:33 PM #2
    Grunty

Grunty A mere Chipper

Your Motor:
    E92 M3 Monte Carlo
    I recently had my front Bumper and side skirts resprayed at Tillyfar Garage in Turriff and very happy with the results. Might be a bit of a trek depending where in Aberdeen or the shire you are though. Was significantly cheaper than Kinghorn and John Clark.

I used Jim Reid in Kintore for my alignment and balancing after a mobile fitter really didn't balance my wheels properly.

Interested if you get any responses on the coding side of things as interested in this also. I think certain things can be done remotely.

3. 17 Aug 2018 at 9:19 AM #3
    bobG

bobG On the path

Your Motor:
    2006 BMW E46 M3 convertible manual Carbon Black/ red leather

Hi, For your bumper respray, try Ellon Auto Repairs, Logie Road, Tipperty. Just off the dual carriageway, past the primary school and at end of the houses. I know several people who've had work done and are more than satisfied.
    cheers

4. 17 Aug 2018 at 7:04 PM #4
    Jam89M3

Your Motor:
    57 E92 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Black / Black
    I'll have a look into Tillyfar as I'm up that way next weekend. I've been recommened Turriff tyres by a friend but never used them. I'll check out Jim Reid while I'm up that way too. Thanks :thumbsup:

I've got the Carly app and it lets you do a serious amount for how simple it is. Hopefully here from someone about what can be done on top of what the app can do.

I'll check these guys out next weekend too thanks :thumbsup:

5. 22 Aug 2018 at 8:57 AM #5
    Deeg01

Deeg01 On the path

Your Motor:
    2003 E46 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Titan silver / Black
    For Respray I would highly recommend Steve Reid Autobody in Stonehaven, I've used him a few times and excellent work. Will be going here to sort out my E46 also.

for Alignment I was just recently looking at this and have been recommended MB Garage services, run by the guys that used to work at Wallace performance.

Indy services I use John Mitchell motors in Laurencekirk, Ex BMW Tech and knows his stuff and has personally owned multiple M's and still does. Also I have been recommended Premier motors in Aberdeen, again Ex BMW tech and highly regarded with BMW owners in the area.

6. 22 Aug 2018 at 11:02 AM #6
    Jam89M3

Your Motor:
    57 E92 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Black / Black
    Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

I’ve used steve Reid before to spray small parts of my car but tbh I found him extremely costly for what I got done. Maybe better price on a larger piece. Will certainly look into it.

I’ve heard about MB too but from friends I never really heard good things about Wallace unless you had an evo or some track spec car.

I’ve seen that premier motors. Have always wondered about it. I see a lot of very clean BMWs outside it all the time but it doesn’t have the best image when driving passed it. Will go in and have a chat with them too.

7. 28 Aug 2018 at 8:03 AM #7
    Deeg01

Deeg01 On the path

Your Motor:
    2003 E46 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Titan silver / Black
    I found Steve to be pretty resonable for prices, guess it depends where you are going. Certainly worth a quote though.

I was the same with Wallace performance also. will give them a chance though as it came from a couple of different recommendations.

Granted Premier doesn't look the business but I beleive his work is superb. I'd rather a guy knew what he was doing then try to hide things with a fancy garage / showroom.

Let me know how you get on.

8. 30 Aug 2018 at 10:03 PM #8
    Jam89M3

Your Motor:
    57 E92 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Black / Black
    Totally agree with you about substance over style. I'll up date over the next months about my findings and prices :thumbsup:

9. 20 Sep 2018 at 11:44 PM #9
    Deeg01

Deeg01 On the path

Your Motor:
    2003 E46 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Titan silver / Black
    Just to update this. Had my alignment done by MB out Ellon way. No issues at all. Dropped car off the night before. Had a call by 11am that it was ready again.

Chatted away with the guy who runs the place, came across as a genuine guy.

Will definitely be returning again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)