Discussion in 'Other Marques' started by heller, May 10, 2020.
Mate that's beautiful is it an R too?
Thanks. Yeah, it's AWD R.
Gorgeous car. I'll take some better pictures of mine tomorrow
Congrats, great choice the sound is intoxicating enjoy
How does it compare to the Alfa on a thrash around the countryside, does it feel much bigger and cumbersome ?.
@heller Looks like an awesome car
how does it compare to your old m5 comp pack? Does it feel faster, more intoxicating?
It's definitely faster. Without a shadow of doubt and it's also a lot scarier if I'm honest. In dynamic mode it's definitely more of a handful. Reminds me of my old w204 C63 just with more power. Lots of power to the rear almost too much but that's what I love ha. The sound is on another level
Great stuff!!! Even on the videos the noise sounds AMAZING!!!
You have owned some very nice cars btw
Unfortunately as I bought it in January I’ve haven’t really had an opportunity to go for a proper drive, it doesn’t feel bigger to be honest, they are widish though. As much as I loved the Alfa and pound for pound it’s no doubt a better car the F-Type always puts a bigger smile on my face.
Finally got to spend some time in the car today. A few observations:
1. The acceleration is truly savage. I've been passenger in and driven some awesome cars and dare I say it this is right up there with them.
2. The noise is EPIC!!!!! The backfiring is just about right any more and it would be OTT but it hits the mark just right. it almost sounds V10ish or is it just me.
3. It handles amazingly well. I never once lacked for grip at any point and loved how power is delivered.
4. The ride is a tad on the harsh side but it's fine. My Panamera (although a different car entirely) felt similar in that I could feel every bump on the road but never uncomfortable.
5. I do t have the pan roof so it felt a bit dark inside so I can imagine the pan roof is a nice touch but it was fine for me.
6. I read lots of reviews that said the infotainment system wasn't the best but so far I've not found it lacking in any area. It does what it's supposed to and the meridian system sounds very good indeed.
7. The gear paddles felt perfectly placed and although it's an auto I felt the gear changes were smooth and effortless.i only spent 2 hours in it today so will be interested to see what it's like after a few months of living with it.
All in all I'm very very happy. One downside though was the lack of seats will mean it'll be just me in it on most occasions which isn't necessarily a bad thing but will just need I'll need a decent daily to tide me over till weekends
Haven't managed to take great pics just yet but here's a couple. Will take more once I've had time to give it a detail:
Just reading your posts has had me sniffing around the classifieds !!!
Hahaha on a day like today it was lovely. Really was. I had it in dynamic mode for most of the time and it's definitely a bit thirsty if you have a heavy right foot haha but all in all a really great feeling and sounding car which is what I wanted.
I'm also not sure how I feel about the wheels just yet and I think it could sit a tad lower. I'm sure as time goes on I'll find more things I like/dislike
I had the pan roof on my V6S and it creaked a bit now and then so wasn’t bothered about having it this time. I always drove my V6S in Dynamic but usually have this one in sport manual, the noise is better, especially on the overrun.
When in Dynamic Mode flick the gear lever to the left. The pops and bangs get louder and the handling improves as well.
Also in the dynamic mode setting, try the suspension in comfort mode instead.
That’s how I always drove my V6 but the V8 seems more vocal in sport manual, with the exhaust button pressed of course
Yeah I tried it in manual while on dyb for quite a bit