[E90 / E92 / E93] TR3S0R's E92 M3 - Jerez Black Comp Pack

Discussion in 'Member Rides' started by TR3S0R, Apr 28, 2021.

1. 24 May 2021 at 3:34 PM #21
    TR3S0R

TR3S0R Rocking a new hat

What're you driving?:
    E92 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Jerez Black/Novillo Fox Red
    After the trackday at Bedford, I arranged with a few friends (@eddiegordo) to go at another trackday at Brand Hatch Indy circuit.

It was my second trackday and first time at brands. Weather was cold but nice and sunny.

Its a small track, but it was great fun to drive around and get to know the car a bit better, that downhill is
    breath taking for the first few times driving though there!

The car behaved nicely, I feel more and more connected to the inputs/outs from the car.

The only issue I had was my steering fluid reservoir had a small leak, but other than that no issues at all.

The confidence is growing with the behaviour of the chassis with the intrax coils, so Im exploring the limits more and more, but Im still feel that I need to learn loads.

I had a bit of a scare on last session of the day, where on my second lap I pushed the car too early with cold tyres, obviously grip wasn't anywhere near the previous sessions, so I ran off track into the grass, luckily I was able to control the car and bet back into the track!
    The driver is definitely the limiting factor atm :D

I do have plans to get some protrack 18"s to dress the car with better range of tyres and cheaper ones as well, not that I feel that I need more grip atm, but it's the mod at the top of the list.

A side pic after a few morning sessions:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The mandatory last pic of the day with the boys:
    [​IMG]

R60BBA, Jaamesw, BobbyMac and 2 others like this.
  2. 24 May 2021 at 3:58 PM #22
    eddiegordo

eddiegordo Wearing official robes

What're you driving?:
    E92 M3 Comp pack
    Colour Combo:
    Alpine White/Red Fox
    Great fun at Brands Hatch, especially the laps we did together! :) That last picture is great, loving that white one in there :D

TR3S0R likes this.
  3. 24 May 2021 at 4:02 PM #23
    TR3S0R

TR3S0R Rocking a new hat

What're you driving?:
    E92 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Indeed those laps together were great fun :), shame the photographer did get any pics of us around the circuit!

eddiegordo likes this.
  4. 24 May 2021 at 4:49 PM #24
    TR3S0R

TR3S0R Rocking a new hat

What're you driving?:
    E92 M3
    Colour Combo:
    While on track I had some steering fluid spill, to address this issue I added an external reservoir but it had a leak on connection to the reservoir it self.
    Once I got home I was able to diagnose better where the leak was coming from.

This reservoir is a closed system, costs about £7 on ebay, but you can get cheaper ones, just search for brake fluid reservoir and you'll get loads to choose from.
    I made a hole on the top of the cap to let the system breathe and my advise is not to remove the rubber, keep the rubber on the cap , if you get a similar reservoir.
    The L connection is a restrictor from 8MM > 4mm that costs around £1.5 and just get some hose and clamps.
    Then you need to find a support for the reservoir, this will depend on were you want to place it and the direction of the support on the reservoir it self, many options here so I can show you a possible solution.

I did this installation along side with @eddiegordo a few weeks ago, we're both happy with the results and the cost efficient solution.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    TheBiker and Jamie250 like this.
  5. 24 May 2021 at 5:09 PM #25
    TR3S0R

TR3S0R Rocking a new hat

What're you driving?:
    E92 M3
    Colour Combo:
    A few weeks ago I ordered some gauge faces from venoxy and after some back and forward with the seller they finally arrived.

Im quite happy with the result, in case you're wondering the design is a 1M style with grey colour, all the rest was oem plus the backlit ///M logo, they provide quite a few customisation options.

I also had previously upgraded all the cluster LEDs to cool white, as the cluster from factory doesn't have much illumination even on the highest setting plus I also wanted to get rid of the orange.

This now is so much better, makes the look of the cluster a lot more modern and plus it gives better visibility, win win!

The cluster had some scratches on the clear plastic protection so I was able to remove most of these using: Novus plastic polish and scratch remover for acrylic and gloss plastics. 1, 2 & 3

Here is the result after apply the gauge faces and removing most of the scratches:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LEDs set to maximum dim, you can really see how much more brighter these are:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    Jamie250 likes this.
  6. 24 May 2021 at 6:06 PM #26
    Jamie250

Jamie250 Rocking a new hat

What're you driving?:
    Megane RS250
    Overflow reservoir is a tidy cheap little mod, I've done the same on mine for well under a tenner as well, did mount it to the Neg post just up the the left of the reservoir though.

Crazy people are selling a kit of the same stuff for 4/5 times what it actually costs though. M tax for you lol.....

TR3S0R likes this.
  7. 24 May 2021 at 6:15 PM #27
    TR3S0R

TR3S0R Rocking a new hat

What're you driving?:
    E92 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Totally agree with you buddy, I almost went and got one of those, but then I came to my senses and thought about doing it myself, couldn't be happier!

Initially I was going to mount on the negative terminal as well, but this reservoir is a bit bigger than the one you probably got, so I had to find an alternative, and it actually worked nicely.

The only trick was to make sure the reservoir was above the steering fluid lid so that the excess fluid can go back in, so it doesn't starve the pump.

Jamie250 likes this.
  8. 24 May 2021 at 6:33 PM #28
    Jamie250

What're you driving?:
    Megane RS250
    Yeah I went cheap and cheerful, total cost was just over 5 quid IIRC. Even the P65 powered factory GT cars ran the same sort of thing haha!

TR3S0R likes this.
  9. 24 May 2021 at 6:36 PM #29
    TR3S0R

TR3S0R Rocking a new hat

What're you driving?:
    E92 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Amazing how race teams also cut costs on cheap and effective solutions!

Jamie250 likes this.
  10. 24 May 2021 at 7:42 PM #30
    Jamie250

What're you driving?:
    Megane RS250
    If it's good enough for a Bonafide racecar it's fine for us in our road cars haha, unless your a tart and like the shiny uprated reservoirs you can get which I see no value in

TR3S0R likes this.
  11. 25 May 2021 at 10:01 AM #31
    S18PNY

S18PNY Wearing official underwear

What're you driving?:
    2008 BMW M3
    Just caught up with this thread, some super tasty mods fitted:thumbsup:.

How is the Akra for passing noise tests?

TR3S0R likes this.
  12. 25 May 2021 at 10:13 AM #32
    TR3S0R

TR3S0R Rocking a new hat

What're you driving?:
    E92 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Thanks mate, appreciate the compliments :)

The Akra is quite good on the noise tests, the evolution is 96db static at 6k rpm, the oem exhaust note is 86db, so not too much different.

For Uk trackdays it passes most tracks, one of the main reasons why I got it, I know of one that track that doesn't pass the static noise test - thruxton - which is 90db static, probably there are a few more out there, but I not aware of those.

Driving wise, it's a very deep sound, especially on the low rev range, and not very loud at high rpm's, but that how I personally like it, if you're into loud exhausts, sorry to say that you will be disappointed!

On the motorway no drone at all and quite civilised, then WOT and paired with the eventuri plenum after 4k/5k revs its all intake noise, and I prefer the intake noise anyways, so for me personally is just right!

Others might differ in opinion, but then if you want something louder the market has a wire range of exhausts out there.

13. 25 May 2021 at 3:38 PM #33
    Mr Reeves

Mr Reeves Wearing official crakows

What're you driving?:
    E90 M3 Manual
    Colour Combo:
    Silverstone II/Black Novillo
    Nice build so far mate. You'll probably need some buckets soon if you're going for Protracks with stickier tyres.

14. 25 May 2021 at 4:37 PM #34
    TR3S0R

TR3S0R Rocking a new hat

What're you driving?:
    E92 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Thanks mate, appreciate the warm feedback! :)

Atm the seats do not bother me, Im not very tall so by adjusting the seat bolsters I get quite good support.

Maybe with protracks and better tyres it will change my mind, you never know, a pair of recaro sportster cs would look great, and thats a middle compromise between road and buckets.

Also if I change to bucket seats, it will be a point of no return, as I still want to keep as a road car as much as I can. (famous last words...I know :D)

The plan was never to go on full clubsport build but mainly to add a few mods to enhance the driving experience, we'll see what the future holds!

Mr Reeves likes this.
  15. 26 May 2021 at 11:52 AM #35
    S18PNY

S18PNY Wearing official underwear

What're you driving?:
    2008 BMW M3
    I've recently picked up a stock backbox, so swap out the 2 pipe when doing track days but the akra appeals due to the weight saving.

Agree on getting a proper seat in the car. Saves huge amount of weight and will let you feel what the back end is up too.

16. 28 May 2021 at 6:46 PM #36
    TR3S0R

TR3S0R Rocking a new hat

What're you driving?:
    E92 M3
    Colour Combo:
    If you can afford and have the opportunity to get your hands on an Akra, do it, you will not be disappointed.
    From performance, weigh saving and sound, it's in my opinion the best exhaust on the market for this car by far, Im happy that I waited and made the right choice in the end.

I can see where you guys are coming from, getting a seat will improve the driving experience as you'll feel more connected to the car.
    The wheels are next item on the list and in the mean time I'll have a think about the getting the seats, the back does feel numb at some points.
    Got plans to do a subframe upgrade at some point as well so, I need to prioritise what to do first really :)

17. 14 Sep 2021 at 5:08 PM #37
    TR3S0R

TR3S0R Rocking a new hat

What're you driving?:
    E92 M3
    Colour Combo:
    It's been a few months since Ive updated the build thread.
    Not many mods have been done, mostly just doing trackdays and getting more confidence with my driving.
    In these last tracksdays Ive gained enough experience behind the wheel to drive with DSC completely turned off and its been a lot of fun, definitely a different ball game, if you're not used to it like me.
    The car has been performing outstanding each time on track.
    Ive recently noticed that the oil temps are getting very high, so the next mod will be a cooling system upgrade.
    When its a warm day the oils temp can easily go above 120C without much effort, so in order to keep the engine and oil temperature down and for peace of mind while on track thats the next mod in line.

Snetterton 17/05/21 with @eddiegordo
    [​IMG]

Bedford 14/06/21
    [​IMG]

Snetterton 9/09/21 with @eddiegordo
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ive installed the Carplay box from carsera
    [​IMG]

And also an AK Motion Display:
    [​IMG]

S18PNY likes this.
  18. 14 Sep 2021 at 7:40 PM #38
    TheBiker

TheBiker Rocking a new hat

What're you driving?:
    E46 + E92 M3 + RS Clio + 748SP + RC8 + GSXR K6, RS250
    Nice clean project, keep swaying towards the Akrapovic exhaust myself.

TR3S0R likes this.
  19. 14 Sep 2021 at 8:27 PM #39
    TR3S0R

TR3S0R Rocking a new hat

What're you driving?:
    E92 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Thank you mate, appreciate the compliments :)
    Just trying to do some improvements so the driving experience is enhanced.
    I have to say that the Akra is one of my fav mods done, lets face it, its not cheap nor the best "bang for buck" but it was worth it.
    It's not loud and it has a sweet deep tone to it combined with a carbon plenum its the best of both worlds, you get exhaust notes at low revs and intake at high revs.

TheBiker likes this.
  20. 15 Sep 2021 at 7:59 PM #40
    Ant Man

Ant Man Wearing official crakows

What're you driving?:
    E92 M3 Individual Edition
    Colour Combo:
    Santorini Blue / black with blue stitching
    There is nowhere for the heat to go. As a temporary measure, remove the rubber bung from the bonnet vent.

Then I would recommend either a vented bonnet or get louvres put in the left side, right side and front centre. This will help the hot air escape and allow more cool air in. Win win.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021 at 8:16 PM
    TR3S0R likes this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)