The state of tuning in 202x

AM4R

Achieved official socks
Oct 29, 2019
Reaction score
What're you driving?
F80 M3
Out of interest, why is Evolve a no? I've never used them myself...

T5Pilot

Underwear thermally upgraded
Feb 8, 2018
Reaction score
What're you driving?
F82 M4CP & S1000XR
Colour Combo
Black Sapphire / Sakhir Orange / Carbon
Only just seen this thread.
You should contact Paul Murray at RS Tuning in Leeds.
He maps for people & other companies worldwide.
He can pretty much map anything from scratch. When my son had his Fiesta ST supercharged, he did a brand new aftermarket ECU & fully mapped it.
He knows his stuff.

E46Ash

Achieved official socks
Aug 30, 2019
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Megane 250
He can pretty much map anything from scratch. When my son had his Fiesta ST supercharged, he did a brand new aftermarket ECU & fully mapped it.
He knows his stuff.
Different platform, but Paul is the go to man I the Renaultsport world.

If you own a Renault sport and you’ve had a car tuned by him, you know it’s a good’un.

T5Pilot

Feb 8, 2018
Reaction score
What're you driving?
F82 M4CP & S1000XR
Colour Combo
Different platform, but Paul is the go to man I the Renaultsport world.

If you own a Renault sport and you’ve had a car tuned by him, you know it’s a good’un.
It’s certainly where he made his name. I’ve known Paul many years.
He’s well into BM’s now. They have their own M2 Comp as a development car. He’s done all mine in the past & various stuff of my sons.

Railgun

Mar 12, 2015
Reaction score
What're you driving?
M4, RX-7, CBR600RR
Colour Combo
SMB/Black
Out of interest, why is Evolve a no? I've never used them myself...
i-LCqVNBR-S.gif

He knows his stuff.
I'll give him a go as well. Though dunno how keen I am to schlepping it up to Leeds.

TBF, the OFT guys replied and it may be the go-to solution. Most everyone will do the exact same thing, whether on a dyno or on a back road in Mexico, and that is tune of off logs. It doesn't matter if you do that locally or remotely. The difference with the latter is that it takes time. I've got plenty of that.

The challenge at the moment seems to be getting someone to simply call me back, or find someone that doesn't care about the platform. Everyone is soooooo "proprietary." GTFO with that BS.

They have their own M2 Comp as a development car. He’s done all mine in the past & various stuff of my sons.

It's unfortunate that everyone that seems to own a business like this never updates their website. Their last post about the M2 (or anything for that matter) was nearly two years ago.

Last edited:

T5Pilot

Feb 8, 2018
Reaction score
What're you driving?
F82 M4CP & S1000XR
Colour Combo
i-LCqVNBR-S.gif

I'll give him a go as well. Though dunno how keen I am to schlepping it up to Leeds.

TBF, the OFT guys replied and it may be the go-to solution. Most everyone will do the exact same thing, whether on a dyno or on a back road in Mexico, and that is tune of off logs. It doesn't matter if you do that locally or remotely. The difference with the latter is that it takes time. I've got plenty of that.

The challenge at the moment seems to be getting someone to simply call me back, or find someone that doesn't care about the platform. Everyone is soooooo "proprietary." GTFO with that BS.

It's unfortunate that everyone that seems to own a business like this never updates their website. Their last post about the M2 (or anything for that matter) was nearly two years ago.
Yeah, the website is out of date. I believe all the up to date stuff will be on their FB page. I can’t be sure cos I don’t do FB though…

Railgun

Mar 12, 2015
Reaction score
What're you driving?
M4, RX-7, CBR600RR
Colour Combo
SMB/Black
So I gave them a call yesterday. Paul was still on holiday it seems, but who I spoke to seemed to believe that they might be able to work with me. He mentioned he'd be calling Paul shortly after our call and will call me back, assuming he was able to get a hold of him. Paul is supposedly back to day so...we'll see if I get a call back or not.

Railgun

Mar 12, 2015
Reaction score
What're you driving?
M4, RX-7, CBR600RR
Colour Combo
SMB/Black
Nearly a week later and no surprise, nada.

Users who are viewing this thread