Telsy's SSII F80 Comp Pack Build Thread

Discussion in 'F80 M3 Saloon / F82 M4 Coupe / F83 M4 Convertible (2014-present)' started by Telsy, Aug 21, 2019.

1. 20 Sep 2019 at 6:28 PM #181
    Edrx7

Edrx7 Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    ‘18 M3 CP INDIVIDUAL
    story of my life
    :muttley:

Adi and Jacko 11 like this.
  2. 28 Sep 2019 at 10:41 PM #182
    Telsy

Telsy Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    2017 F80 M3 DCT Comp pack
    Colour Combo:
    Silverstone / Black
    Car has been in with Mulgari over the past few days, having a full geo and suspension set up, together with their stage 1 tune which has been developed in paetnership with Peron.

I have been using Mulgari for a good few years now for various bits and pieces and after having driven there Icon 03 car:

I was curious as to whether or not they could optimise my car to have the road manners and track ability of the Icon 03 now that I had some decent hardware in the form of the Intrax, Akrapovic, AP, 763M, Cup2 etc... It felt as though I had some very capable mods on the car, but they were not all working in harmony with one another. Also bearing in mind that I will do up to 20K road miles p.a. and maybe half a dozen track days, the cars focus had to remain that of a capable and rewarding daily, as well as delivering a bit of the X Factor when I do get the chance to take it on track.

I have only done a handful of miles today, but the car certainly feels very compliant on the road, with very sharp and assured turn in, it is firm, but not crashy and is certainly far more comfortable for longer journeys and around town etc than it was before being set up the team at Mulgari. The car has also had a brake fluid change and the brakes are now nicely bedded in and feel superb. One of the most noticeable things is that even when had on the brakes, the dampers do an incredible job of stopping the car from standing on its nose, it retains an incredibly level stance which just gives bags of confidence.

In terms of the stage 1 map, I am noticing it is a little more progressive in its power delivery and on the motorway it seems to have a stronger pull from 50 - 80 from around 2K RPM and is generally a liitle smoother with power delivery throughout the rev range, but I have not asked much of it, will save that for track! One thing which is very noticeable is the change of the burbles to what I can only describe as rifle bangs now! Its amusing in Sport, but just silly in Sport+ so expect to get this revised in due course. The overall exhaust tone seems deeper and far more purposeful. I will run the car in efficient with the valves open most of the time as I think that sounds pretty good, although for fun will activate Sport every now and again, but will get this updated and feedback with the changes. When it stops raining, I might try some sound clips for a reference point.

The decals were put on for their press shots, but I have kept them on for now as the jury is out. I may not keep these exact ones, but can see me trying a few out which Mulgari come up with as they are easy enough to remove and are just a bit of fun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TerryLloyd, Conor wood, Keith and 4 others like this.
  3. 28 Sep 2019 at 10:49 PM #183
    redfred

redfred Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    2017 M3 cp black on full black with all the carbon bits
    That is stunning, you have started me wanting those bloody brakes again!:drool:

Telsy likes this.
  4. 28 Sep 2019 at 11:02 PM #184
    Edrx7

Edrx7 Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    ‘18 M3 CP INDIVIDUAL
    Lovely shots... I quite like the stripe... and my oh my doesn’t the F80 look purposeful!!!!

Telsy likes this.
  5. 28 Sep 2019 at 11:10 PM #185
    Telsy

Your Motor:
    Colour Combo:
    Silverstone / Black
    Get them bought, you only live once!

It looked great in the showroom under the lights today, but as I am ham fisted iPhone 6s user, the pictures I took were abysmal!

6. 28 Sep 2019 at 11:14 PM #186
    cossie1

cossie1 Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    2015 M4 Coupe
    Colour Combo:
    Mineral White / Black
    Car looks great, but i'm not a fan of the stripe as it looks like it's on the piss due to the rake of the car (but it's not my car so doesn't matter).

7. 29 Sep 2019 at 12:12 AM #187
    Redman

Redman Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    2018 M3 CP Individual
    Interested to hear more about your thoughts on their stage 1. Peron being Akrapovics agent they must know a heap about performance as would Mulgari. Must be some weapon now, looks sounds and performance :halm:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  8. 29 Sep 2019 at 12:21 AM #188
    Adi

Adi On the path

Your Motor:
    2014 BMW M4, 2015 PORSCHE CAYENNE
    Car's looking great apart from the decals

9. 29 Sep 2019 at 8:07 AM #189
    Telsy

Your Motor:
    Colour Combo:
    Silverstone / Black
    I certainly need to get some more miles in it to give some more meaningful feedback on the stage 1 and it’s always tricky when you do more than one thing at a time; so suspension setup and stage 1, as there is a lot of new feedback from the car in terms of handling and performance. It is very apparent that the stage 1 has really brought the Akra to life though, will enjoy exploring that, not so keen on the bangs, burbles are ok, but BANGS, well I am not so sure. But, Mulgari say all that can be changed easily and just want some feedback initially.

10. 29 Sep 2019 at 8:13 AM #190
    Telsy

Your Motor:
    Colour Combo:
    Silverstone / Black
    Opinion is valued mate and I think you are right about it looking wonky. I think it was just put on last minute for their press photos and to have in the showroom. I think they will be coming off when I next clean it, but might get some new ones for a trackday which have been more thought out.

Thanks fella, the decals are a bit marmite and as mentioned, probably not to my taste.

I would like to try and introduce some red to the car somewhere to help tie in with the callipers though, but am a bit stuck for ideas at the moment. What if the decal was a little more refined and the ‘+’ was in a red to match the AP’s rather than a body colour cutout?

11. 29 Sep 2019 at 8:20 AM #191
    BP78

BP78 Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    F80 M3 CP, X5 m40d, VW Up GTI, gone M135i, Abarth 595c, Alpina D3s touring, D3 touring, 330c M-Sport
    Colour Combo:
    Black Sapphire / Black
    Looking good and I like the silver on black decal - fact is you have take car to one place to have most of its mods pulled together and installed by them - so for me on that basis it’s ok to sport the decal and as a plus I think it looks good black on silver (maybe it needs replacing to get straight with cars lines) ! But it’s your car and if they stay or go it’s looking great !

Also good to know all your mods working in harmony - as you say sometimes cars can go very iffy when things don’t complement. Mulgari willingness time keep working with you to set the car up to your preference should be standard service for this kind of outlay but many other places would be onto the next customer and follow up becomes an afterthought !

congrats and enjoy - hope the $hite weather coming doesn’t spoil your fun !

Telsy likes this.
  12. 29 Sep 2019 at 8:28 AM #192
    Henry 145

Henry 145 Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    F82 M4 CS + F10 535d M Sport + and M Sport 1 series
    Colour Combo:
    SMB + CB + SG
    How about a red sun strip that says Terry and Chris across it?!

Looks great BTW and look forward to seeing the beast, especially the brakes!

13. 29 Sep 2019 at 9:09 AM #193
    Telsy

Your Motor:
    Colour Combo:
    Silverstone / Black
    Can’t disagree with any of that. I think if you make the effort and build a relationship over time, then you can benefit from a more collaborative approach. It’s good fun and always interesting to explore what can be done.

Weather is terrible isn’t it, only saving grace is that it is still reasonably mild!

14. 29 Sep 2019 at 9:13 AM #194
    Telsy

Your Motor:
    Colour Combo:
    Silverstone / Black
    Ooh, had t thought of that :roflmao:

Yes, looking forward to a coffee and seeing those lights.

15. 29 Sep 2019 at 9:31 AM #195
    swissfra

swissfra Wearing official underwear

Your Motor:
    2014 M4
    Colour Combo:
    Stormtrooper
    Joined this thread a little late (10 pages in!) and when I saw the second photo above I genuinely thought I was looking at a 5-series. The suspension and the decal definitely change the perceived dimensions of the car. I quite like the decals and while I understand the thinking behind adding red to them for continuity with the calipers, I think it would look worse than the black/body colour combination you have now.

Looking forward to seeing what comes next :thumbsup:

16. 29 Sep 2019 at 10:02 AM #196
    jada07515

jada07515 Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    E46 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Silver grey track toy
    Just caught up on this mate - great work looks top!

Telsy likes this.
  17. 29 Sep 2019 at 10:14 AM #197
    Jacko 11

Jacko 11 Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    M3 F80 CP
    Car looks stunning Terry. Is the remap Mulgari specific?

The decals don’t work for me but perhaps a discreet one in red with just the word ‘Mulgari’ on the lower flanks would work and help tie in with the red brakes.

18. 29 Sep 2019 at 10:39 AM #198
    cossie1

cossie1 Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    2015 M4 Coupe
    Colour Combo:
    Mineral White / Black
    If you were to stay with the same style of stripe, and want to get some Red in there, then maybe Mulgari + all in Red would work better than just the + in Red.

Telsy likes this.
  19. 29 Sep 2019 at 10:41 AM #199
    Jacko 11

Jacko 11 Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    M3 F80 CP
    Nice idea or maybe a fade effect Porsche style.

Telsy likes this.
  20. 29 Sep 2019 at 1:22 PM #200
    YoungBenny

YoungBenny Wearing official underwear

Your Motor:
    E46 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Silver Grey / Black
    I like the decal, works well with the whole theme, and a red + sounds good to me.

Do the tyres not rub when you accelerate? Or has the rear suspension been adjusted enough to prevent it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)