Sky Insurance saved the day

Discussion in 'Insurance' started by Stix1982, Nov 29, 2017.

1. 29 Nov 2017 at 1:33 PM #1
    Stix1982

Stix1982 Wearing official robes

Your Motor:
    former e46 cs, rs5, now have F80 CP in Sapphire black
    After contacting Alex via pm on here, he has managed to go back to the underwriter and sort the insurance out for only £170 more than my Mercedes and also meaning I don't have to switch provider half way through...

Would just like to say thank you, and I now feel considerably more excited for tomorrows collection....

2. 30 Nov 2017 at 9:05 AM #2
    SkyInsurance

SkyInsurance Sponsor

Your Motor:
    E64 650i
    Thank you for the kind feedback, it's much appreciated.

Lovely day for a new car collection. Hope you thoroughly enjoy it.

Alex

3. 30 Nov 2017 at 11:30 AM #3
    EAndy

EAndy Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    Magical Unicorn
    Mines jumped up this year, I know insurance premium tax is on the up as well as few other bits but been with Sky 10 years? maybe more and 20% increase seems extreme. (£700 --> £840)

As reference other places are coming in at around £250 cheaper which is 15% my previous years insurance. (£700 --> £595) thats places like Hastings. I've no points, no claims and full no claims bonus in a low crime rate area with a improved alarm and tracker on the car which did less than 4000 miles last year you'd think I'd get a decent deal :( but I understand business is business.

Possibly the usual new customers get better rates, existing loyal customers not entitled to you get in all industries these days.

If I do the same miles this year it would cost me £0.21 a mile. :p

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  4. 30 Nov 2017 at 4:11 PM #4
    SkyInsurance

SkyInsurance Sponsor

Your Motor:
    E64 650i
    I’ll try and answer your question as best I can, but I’d firstly like to stress that rate increases are not unique to Sky Insurance, and nor are they something we wish to do.

If you haven’t already noticed, something called the Ogden rate has been thrown around in various news articles for a while.

Essentially, the government changed how personal injury claims are paid, and this is referred to as the Ogden rate. This rate is used by courts to calculate how much a claimant will receive in a personal injury claim. This rate change increased settlement payments to consider care and loss of earnings, etc. The actual specifics of said rate are ongoing, but for now, it means that the average motorist is paying more as a result. And on top of this, IPT has indeed increased, as you rightly pointed out.

To go even further, there’s also been an inflation in claim costs. Cars are more complex and costly to repair. So as a result of these variables, insurers are putting pressure on brokers to increase premiums to cover the costs.

FWIW, we’ll always do what we can to get you the best price possible.

Cheers,

Alex

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)