SG track/road M3

Discussion in 'Member Rides' started by Ali M, Jun 11, 2013.

1. 27 Oct 2020 at 9:48 PM #281
    Ali M

Ali M Wearing official robes

What're you driving?:
    2004 Silver Grey M3
    Next up was getting the bumper fitted, and as I had hoped it was relatively straightforward and being OEM the fitment was spot on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SamR, joe smoe and Robertt like this.
  2. 27 Oct 2020 at 9:52 PM #282
    Ali M

What're you driving?:
    2004 Silver Grey M3
    Then it was some time for some new Dunlop's and time to hit Knockhill :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. 1 Nov 2020 at 10:23 PM #283
    Ali M

What're you driving?:
    2004 Silver Grey M3
    Just before the Ring / Spa trip last September I made a couple of last minute changes that I had been meaning to do for a while. The previous Momo steering wheel was a Momo78 330mm wheel, but annoyingly it measured at 320mm and seemed slightly too small, so I changed it for an OMP 350mm wheel and added the BMW horn button:

[​IMG]

I also ordered new genuine BMW kidney grilles from a 318 which have the black centre slats but keep the chrome outers and an OEM look:

[​IMG]

Then it was off to the Ring again :thumbsup:
    Quick stop off for coffee on the way to rendezvous with a few pals:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then off for the road trip:

[​IMG]

This is one of my favourite shots I have taken of the car since the CSL bits have gone on. Technically not a great photo, but love the way it is sitting:

[​IMG]

Loaded on the ferry:

[​IMG]

I had a bit of a misshap on the autobahn on the way over, as at well over 100mph there was a noise followed by a scraping sound from the front of the car. After pulling over I found that the OS CSL flipper had failed and fallen under the car. Pretty annoying but at least recovered the flipper and managed to tape it up for the rest of the trip.

DN22 was a bit of a disappointment in the end, not so much because of the trackday, but it was just unlucky with the weather. It was wet in the morning on day 1, so I just had a lazy morning and a few coffees before venturing up to the track. I have done enough laps there that I don't see much point in pushing the car in the wet at the Nordschleife, its not going to get anywhere near decent pace, and could well end up with a wrecked M3. When racing I have had some of my best results in the wet, but for a trackday I see it differently, especially at the Nordschelife with an M3 on DZ03G's, risk vs reward is just not there imo.

It dried up late morning so I went out for a few laps. I had a few quick laps, but it didn't really work out too well with traffic, so I just settled down and had some enjoyable lapping for the rest of the day.

[​IMG]

After day 1 it was straight for dinner and a beer at the usual place:

[​IMG]

Day 2 was a complete wash out, which was pretty disappointing, but we took the opportunity to grab some lunch in Nurburg and see some of the sights instead, and by mid afternoon we all packed up and headed for Spa after grabbing some essentials :beer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Robertt, tammc87 and jackp123 like this.
  4. 2 Nov 2020 at 9:35 AM #284
    jackp123

jackp123 Wearing official robes

What're you driving?:
    2004 e46 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Carbon Black/Red
    Cracking pictures as always mate. Been following this for a while and great to see the updates coming again.

Have you managed to keep the cruise control with the new steering wheel? Been wanting to do this mod for a while now and would love to somehow keep a button somewhere for the cc

5. 2 Nov 2020 at 12:38 PM #285
    M3 R0B

M3 R0B Wearing official crakows

What're you driving?:
    2004 E46 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Grey / Black interior
    [​IMG]

I extended the wires behind the horn button ( the 4 blue wires you can see) the cut the trim with cruise on it and zip tied it to the wheel for now. It's more for when I go the ring. Then when i get there i can cut the 2 zip ties and tuck the wires back behind the horn.

I was going to make a plate with my own buttons on but theres 2 pressure buttons behind each button on the trim. So it would be really awkward to make my own.
    If you look into it theres a thread in America where someone used a cruise control stalk off a z4 M and retro fitted it on the column below the indicator stalk.

jackp123 likes this.
  6. 2 Nov 2020 at 3:32 PM #286
    Ali M

What're you driving?:
    2004 Silver Grey M3
    I obviously wasn't as fussed about cruise control as Rob! :D

Thought about it, but in the end decided I never missed it when I didn't have it on previous cars, and after not having it for a while I don't think about it. I did look into sourcing a CSL wheel to keep it, but cost put me off that idea.

7. 12 Apr 2021 at 10:23 PM #287
    Collister

Collister Wearing official crakows

What're you driving?:
    E46 M3, Supercharged Type R Racecar, E36 Drift car
    Brilliant read so good ideas in this for my build

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)