Tuggers

Wearing official crakows
Nov 27, 2013
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2003 E46 M3
Colour Combo
Titan silver / black
i done this exact same fix, was up to 5am after work trying to repair my mirror! i bought the gears all seemed good however after putting them in the motor is very sluggish and dosnt return to the down position its seems well **** ed so i dont know ... new motor from bmw is 150

You can't buy a new motors from Bmw??

Mirror John will sort you out with a new motor.

If it feels sluggish did it before? If it didn't then. Anne you have too much grease in the gears? Or too heavy a grease?

Or the motor housing is not on properly causing the gears to slightly snag and putting stress on the motor.

Or yes your motor is just old and worn lol.

kieranp85

Achieved official socks
Aug 5, 2014
Reaction score
What're you driving?
e46 m3 SMG coupe
Colour Combo
carbon black/cinnamon leather
The mirror never worked from i got it il go see ... yes they callit qn actuator unless there was a misunderstanding it was 149 plus the vat

Tuggers

Wearing official crakows
Nov 27, 2013
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2003 E46 M3
Colour Combo
Titan silver / black
The mirror never worked from i got it il go see ... yes they callit qn actuator unless there was a misunderstanding it was 149 plus the vat

I'm 99% sure mirrors come complete at £250 I checked about a month ago before I decided to replaced my motors and gears.

If you open them back up check that the two lugs on the motor housing are securely pushed into the black plastic gear housing.

kieranp85

Achieved official socks
Aug 5, 2014
Reaction score
What're you driving?
e46 m3 SMG coupe
Colour Combo
carbon black/cinnamon leather
I'm 99% sure mirrors come complete at £250 I checked about a month ago before I decided to replaced my motors and gears.

If you open them back up check that the two lugs on the motor housing are securely pushed into the black plastic gear housing.

Il give them another ring later cant think of anything else that would go in the mirror that could pos come to 150 quid they may be taking about the part that moves the glass but i did say the folding mirror bit plus i gave them my chassis num so should come up as a car with power fold mirrors

sdwalts

Flexing a golden cincture
Jul 12, 2013
Reaction score
What're you driving?
E93 M3 DCT Vert
Colour Combo
Snoopy
Great write up. I've found the parts on ebay and might give this a try.

Murph330

A mere Chipper
Feb 23, 2014
Reaction score
What're you driving?
BMW F82 M4 Comp
Colour Combo
San Marino with opal white extended
Hi can anyone on here help me out I have a set of powerfold mirrors and I cut the plugs of years ago to retro fit into my facelift 330.

Now I have removed them from the car I want to re attach the wires into the plug. I want to know what colour cable goes into what terminal on the block ie 1-12 ?

Also any idea where I could get the barbed type terminal that goes into the plug? Thanks in advance I have searched google but no such luck.

Antinontox

A mere Chipper
Aug 29, 2017
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2001 BMW M3
Colour Combo
Titanium Silver/Black
Hi can anyone on here help me out I have a set of powerfold mirrors and I cut the plugs of years ago to retro fit into my facelift 330.

Now I have removed them from the car I want to re attach the wires into the plug. I want to know what colour cable goes into what terminal on the block ie 1-12 ?

Also any idea where I could get the barbed type terminal that goes into the plug? Thanks in advance I have searched google but no such luck.

Did you manage to re attach the wires? If not, let me know. I have my mirrors apart for folding function repair and can take pictures of the wiring.

Hibbs

On the path
Dec 4, 2013
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Soon a m3
Dug this back up my passenger wing mirror is driving me mad the mirror part moves but my wing mirror doesn’t do anything no noise anything , so won’t fold up , guessing it’s the motor ? Any way to test it ?

Users who are viewing this thread