OEM Stereo

Discussion in 'General maintenance, upgrades and modifications' started by hpr190v, Jun 28, 2018.

1. 28 Jun 2018 at 11:12 AM #1
    hpr190v

hpr190v On the path

Your Motor:
    E46 M3 Coupe Manual
    Colour Combo:
    Steel grey red leather
    I have an E46 M3 which the previous owner retro-fitted some sort of Chinese shat nav. I would like to go back to standard OEM cd player in the front. The shat nav is shat, and the screen always has a glare on it, I will use my phone as sat nav when needed.

I have Harmon Kardon set up and wanted to know are there any recommendations which system to go for, and what kit / interior parts I will need to relocate the heater etc ?

Any advice welcome, also is there a link here somewhere (I have looked can't find it) that will show me how to remove / install the new parts.

Thanks in advance !

2. 31 Jul 2018 at 1:16 PM #2
    MarkN

MarkN Wearing official underwear

Your Motor:
    2010 E60 M5
    Colour Combo:
    Siverstone Blue
    It should be pretty straightforward if they've not cut the plugs off.

I still have the Business CD player from my HK e46 from when I retrofitted sat nav. It should go straight in.

3. 31 Jul 2018 at 3:41 PM #3
    Rick M3

Rick M3 Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    2002 M3 Convertible
    Yup.

Obvious questions are; Did it have Nav to start with? Is there a redundant NavDrive in the boot, or a hole where it should be?

Then pull the shat nav out and see what's plugged into it; a vehicle loom, or an adapter cable that disappears off into the dash (and ultimately into the boot)

If you just want an OEM CD player you can choose to move the climate display back up top again, or try to make a cubby-hole for sunglasses/iPods etc underneath it ...can't remember if I've seen one of these available for sale or not :think:

4. 10 Aug 2018 at 5:19 PM #4
    hpr190v

hpr190v On the path

Your Motor:
    E46 M3 Coupe Manual
    Colour Combo:
    Steel grey red leather
    Thanks for the advice I will check it out !