New owner - 2013 M3 E92 Silverstone - Holmfirth, West Yorkshire

Discussion in 'Welcome & New Owners Section' started by Jayne M E, Jul 28, 2020.

1. 26 Aug 2020 at 9:03 PM #21
    Jayne M E

Jayne M E A mere Chipper

What're you driving?:
    2013 E92 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Silverstone Blue / Black
    Many thanks again Keith :thumbsup: Yes I did really want the Silverstone with the chrome detailing rather than with the black trim / black alloys just my personal preference really

A few weeks ago I laid on the drive under the car + got to work with metal cleaner + wire wool on the back box + tail pipes and then finished them off with a couple of coats of Finish Kare 1000p so those bits now look extra special shiny :drool:

Hopefully they'll stay like that for a while

Am working up now to taking off each wheel for a deep clean then again will try a couple of coats of the Big White on them

This is my 3rd BMW but my 1st ever v8 - started with a 130i then an m135i but not for long the sound wasn't for me really missed that naturally aspirated sound track so had to scratch that v8 itch + there really was only 1 place to go to do that :bow:

Yes this forum is so so useful top of my bookmarks list :beer:

2. 13 Sep 2020 at 4:25 PM #22
    Mr Reeves

Mr Reeves Achieved official socks

What're you driving?:
    E90 M3 Manual
    Colour Combo:
    Silverstone II/Black Novillo
    Welcome, and a lovely example you have there!

I live just up the road from Sutherlands and only found out they even existed very recently.

To be honest, I looked for a Melbourne red car originally but went for Silverstone in the end as that was the colour of the best example I could find for my money. And actually, it has really grown on me a colour to the point where I really like it now.

I track mine regularly and love it. I'm actually taking it to Silverstone next month to acquaint it with the track that its colour is actually named after!

[​IMG]

Jayne M E likes this.
  3. 15 Sep 2020 at 1:47 PM #23
    Jayne M E

Jayne M E A mere Chipper

What're you driving?:
    2013 E92 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Silverstone Blue / Black
    Great picture that - don't they look the business our cars very purposeful going round a track

I like the Melbourne red as well but my chances of finding a coupe in that were slim - not that there was loads of choice in Silverstone either

A great place Sutherlands always something interesting quite a journey from Yorkshire but got a feeling I may go back one day but not just yet quite happy for now - enjoy your time at Silverstone

Mr Reeves likes this.
  4. 17 Sep 2020 at 9:18 PM #24
    LoadedM3

LoadedM3 Sponsor

What're you driving?:
    2002 M3 VERT
    Colour Combo:
    brillaint white ;-)
    Welcome to the forum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)