Great trip.

:thumbsup:

M5william

Wearing official robes
Jul 27, 2021
Reaction score
What're you driving?
M5
This looks beautiful, the modern day interior is quite pleasant. You done well mate.

toplad

Flexing a golden cincture
Apr 18, 2011
Reaction score
What're you driving?
M3
Colour Combo
Grey, red interior
Fantastic mate, glad to see you're putting it to good use, pictures are stunning too.

Enjoy

Derekh929

Apr 16, 2016
Reaction score
What're you driving?
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Colour Combo
WS CR Roof
Wow that’s a fantastic write up and pics, great you picked the best roads all the way from Snake pass , and up, the young lad will with thumbs down will be the new Greta type we are breading in Scotland ;)
The car looks fantastic and I can only imagine if the guy in Lycra is part of the Highland drivers club?
These guys do loads of road trips
Kyle always great and great to here car fine on even the narrow roads as well, and 19.1mpg you did well:D
Fantastic road trip great to see others out enjoying their cars on fantastic trips to remember.
What days you at goodwood , we are away driving down tomorrow, just me and young lad:D

Termie

Wearing official crakows
May 3, 2020
Reaction score
What're you driving?
GR Yaris & a Not-Porsche
Colour Combo
Pearl Red (GR)
Wow that’s a fantastic write up and pics, great you picked the best roads all the way from Snake pass , and up, the young lad will with thumbs down will be the new Greta type we are breading in Scotland ;)
The car looks fantastic and I can only imagine if the guy in Lycra is part of the Highland drivers club?
These guys do loads of road trips
Kyle always great and great to here car fine on even the narrow roads as well, and 19.1mpg you did well:D
Fantastic road trip great to see others out enjoying their cars on fantastic trips to remember.
What days you at goodwood , we are away driving down tomorrow, just me and young lad:D
Thank you sir. My enjoyment of cars is memorable moments/drives/places, which means they have to get out and about. And I see posts on other threads about the enjoyment of driving being dimished by more traffic, bad drivers, enforcement, etc. - all I can say is if you can plan a road trip to some quieter and fun places once a year, where you spend a bit of time in the car, it helps reminds you why we all got into spending our hard-earned money on these blocks of metal (or carbon fibre) in the first place.

On the economy side, it helps that the car drops to V4 with cylinder deactivation for parts of the motorway stretches, although the second you breathe on the pedal the other cylinders wake up - it is almost like the engineers added it reluctantly :)

I'm at Goodwood tomorrow, just for the day. Hope you have a good visit, I'm really looking forward to it.

Derekh929

Apr 16, 2016
Reaction score
What're you driving?
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Colour Combo
WS CR Roof
Thank you sir. My enjoyment of cars is memorable moments/drives/places, which means they have to get out and about. And I see posts on other threads about the enjoyment of driving being dimished by more traffic, bad drivers, enforcement, etc. - all I can say is if you can plan a road trip to some quieter and fun places once a year, where you spend a bit of time in the car, it helps reminds you why we all got into spending our hard-earned money on these blocks of metal (or carbon fibre) in the first place.

On the economy side, it helps that the car drops to V4 with cylinder deactivation for parts of the motorway stretches, although the second you breathe on the pedal the other cylinders wake up - it is almost like the engineers added it reluctantly :)

I'm at Goodwood tomorrow, just for the day. Hope you have a good visit, I'm really looking forward to it.
Yes I was going to reply about the enjoyment factor , you just need to get out early as well, we sometimes set out before 6am on some of these great roads, could go a hour seeing one car epic.
That’s handy with cylinder shut down mode , l had sail mode on AMG worked well on hills etc into neutral .
Have a good day at FOS I’m hoping to do a few big trips next year after I get another cat, or will use the mini:D

toplad

Apr 18, 2011
Reaction score
What're you driving?
M3
Colour Combo
Grey, red interior
BTW, you should have run that "thumbs down" little prick over :)

Scottyant

Jan 5, 2019
Reaction score
What're you driving?
718 spyder
BTW, you should have run that "thumbs down" little prick over :)

Bit harsh he was only 9 years old …..
Termie probably only saw him last min when he raised his arm and gave thumbs down , he can hardly see over the dash once his pillow squashes down after a few hours :muttley:

Termie

Wearing official crakows
May 3, 2020
Reaction score
What're you driving?
GR Yaris & a Not-Porsche
Colour Combo
Pearl Red (GR)
Bit harsh he was only 9 years old …..
Termie probably only saw him last min when he raised his arm and gave thumbs down , he can hardly see over the dash once his pillow squashes down after a few hours :muttley:
You're in no position to make short jokes... I assume you added seat risers to those Porsche buckets. It is like watching wee Jimmy Krankie driving.
:muttley:

Scottyant

Jan 5, 2019
Reaction score
What're you driving?
718 spyder
! You're in no position to make short jokes... I assume you added seat risers to those Porsche buckets. It is like watching wee Jimmy Krankie driving.
:muttley:

:muttley: , I’m taller than you and that’s all that matters , Yoda :muttley:

Termie

Wearing official crakows
May 3, 2020
Reaction score
What're you driving?
GR Yaris & a Not-Porsche
Colour Combo
Pearl Red (GR)
:muttley: , I’m taller than you and that’s all that matters , Yoda :muttley:
Only when you wear your custom heels...