My experience with Opie Oils

Discussion in 'Opie Oils' started by Der, Jun 6, 2018.

1. 6 Jun 2018 at 4:40 PM #1
    Der

Der Wearing official underwear

Your Motor:
    M3 (F80)
    I just wanted to share my recent experience with Opie Oils. I have been a regular customer for years and have always received a decent service.

This time, I have ordered about 7 litres of Fuchs Titan Race Pro S oil and a few other goodies worth about £100. The parcel was shipped a few days later. While my general experience with Opie was pretty positive, this one was a disaster - after my parcel has not arrived a few days later, I contacted Opie noting that the tracking on the Fedex side is not showing any progress.

Turns out that Opie did not include the correct address on the shipment. While this happens and I appreciate the quick response from the Company, they have done absolutely nothing to fix it, other than "trying" to contact Fedex. After about a week of chasing, I still have no certainty of getting my parcel. I have asked to resend via a different courier, but apparently that was not an option. The tracking is still not showing a delivery date and I am completely lost.

While this is probably a failure on behalf of both Opie and Fedex, I am simply surprised that a Company that large can't fix such a simple incident.

2. 8 Jun 2018 at 2:27 PM #2
    Der

Der Wearing official underwear

Your Motor:
    M3 (F80)
    The parcel has finally arrived. Opie kindly offered to replace the package, however the Fedex man beat them to it.

3. 4 Sep 2018 at 3:36 PM #3
    oilman

oilman Sponsor

Your Motor:
    2004 clue x5
    Hi

I'm really sorry for the delay with getting back to you, we've had a problem with forum notifications.

I have no idea what has happened with your order and as you've said, it's not normal for us. We do rely on information from the courier, so if they have told us they are going to try to deliver again that day, there is no point in us resending the order as the original one will be there quicker. Also, the FedEx system changed completely and we took on some new staff around the time you posted on here, so those things could also contribute to what happened.

Like I said, I don't know what happened to your order and I guarantee that the vast majority of our orders don't go like that.

My apologies for how it went and I hope it doesn't put you off using us in the future.

Cheers

Tim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)