Motorcyclists on M3 Cutters

Discussion in 'Bikes. Trikes?' started by martybee58, May 10, 2016.

1. 24 Nov 2018 at 7:54 PM #121
    JoePeps

JoePeps Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    M2/XJS/S1000RR
    Colour Combo:
    Black/Red
    From what I've read it's all down to discretion really and I'm not willing to take that risk!
    Plus I only want one bike to do everything, I want to go out on a Tuesday night for some chips and then do a trackday on the Wednesday!

I loved the Panigale and you're right the sense of occasion is unreal on them, I may live to regret the decision to be honest!

2. 24 Nov 2018 at 8:59 PM #122
    Schuey

Schuey Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    2017 BMW F82 M4 Comp Pack
    Colour Combo:
    YMB / SS
    Nice one Joe, I’ve already decided and told the wife that I shall be getting that also.

I’m just going to wait a bit a let any teething problems get sorted, from experience on my last two S1000RRs, they both were recalled for some work. So will wait until later in 2019 or wait till 2020 till I part with my cash. My local dealer has rang me to put a holding deposit on, but I resisted. :thumbsup:

3. 24 Nov 2018 at 9:04 PM #123
    JoePeps

Your Motor:
    M2/XJS/S1000RR
    Colour Combo:
    Black/Red
    Yeah I did think about that but I need the carbon wheels in my life!
    Plus I managed to get number 1 on the list at my dealer so will be one of the first, get it run in really quickly and then straight on track!

Schuey likes this.
  4. 28 Nov 2018 at 12:40 AM #124
    CSL130

CSL130 A mere Chipper

Your Motor:
    2004 M3

5. 29 Nov 2018 at 9:26 PM #125
    Smooth

Smooth Staff Member Moderator

Your Motor:
    F80 M3 + Suzuki GSX-R750 L6 MotoGP
    Colour Combo:
    YMB/Black, MotoGP Livery
    When does the new S1000RR hit the showrooms?

6. 29 Nov 2018 at 9:33 PM #126
    JoePeps

Your Motor:
    M2/XJS/S1000RR
    Colour Combo:
    Black/Red
    I'm first on the list for my dealer and been told to expect it April / May :(

7. 29 Nov 2018 at 9:50 PM #127
    Smooth

Smooth Staff Member Moderator

Your Motor:
    F80 M3 + Suzuki GSX-R750 L6 MotoGP
    Colour Combo:
    YMB/Black, MotoGP Livery
    Nice one mate. May have to see my dealer. How much is the base model and what deposit do they typically ask?

8. 29 Nov 2018 at 10:29 PM #128
    JoePeps

Your Motor:
    M2/XJS/S1000RR
    Colour Combo:
    Black/Red
    I think it's about £15k but I only wanted the Msport so haven't looked into it to be honest.
    I've put down £200 I think, not sure if they'll need more later on. If you're genuinely going for one pm me.

9. 7 Dec 2018 at 3:06 AM #129
    Dcutters

Dcutters On the path

Your Motor:
    2004 E46 M3 manual, convertible/ BMW S1000RR 2015 trackbike
    Colour Combo:
    Carbon black/black
    I'm first and always foremost a biker, I've been riding since I was 16, came back to London and despatched for 8 years. I've had quite a few sportsbikes, and back in '15 changed my K5 GSXR1000 for a new S1000RR. I put 7k on the clocks in the first year, realized I was just riding too fast on the roads and so started doing trackdays more frequently/seriously and I don't know how I'd get by without that outlet. I personally got so disappointed with bad weather at the U.K tracks that I started doing the events at Almeria in Spain. I've been there maybe 9 times in the last 3 years, I'm booked again for March, then Jerez in late May, it's too long away! I would so recommend the Spanish events, I've never once been disappointed with the weather or even behaviour of other riders on track, the events are tailored first and foremost around the safety of the riders. I find the British trackdays are too frenetic, I mean they would be, having to get up at 5 in the morning, load the van/trailer, set up all your gear in the pits, and be rushed for track time. Where as the Almeria events are played out over 4-5 days, and that gives you the time and practise to really improve as a rider. I was stuck in the inters group for too long at the U.K tracks, largely due to the reasons above, and now thankfully I'm complaining about being held up in the fast group. The prices aren't so bad either; for a 4 day event you're looking at £450, which includes the hotel, or there's a surcharge of £30 a night if you want your own room (which of course you probably do). Yea, highly recommended if you want to keep fit, and improve as a rider.

10. 7 Dec 2018 at 10:42 AM #130
    putty

putty A mere Chipper

Your Motor:
    e39 M5
    I spent my student loan on my first ZX6R (RIP) at university, used to go everywhere on a bike but now I'm mostly just logging track miles (and I can afford a car now :p).

[​IMG]
    Me @ Cartagena (that was an awesome holiday) on my second ZX6

[​IMG]
    Half way round a European tour trying out the Nurburgring for the first time on my RSV - it was raining then the sun came out, but I managed to overtake a couple of cars towards the end!

JoePeps likes this.
  11. 7 Dec 2018 at 5:02 PM #131
    JoePeps

Your Motor:
    M2/XJS/S1000RR
    Colour Combo:
    Black/Red
    Completely agree about trackdays mate, I started this year and managed 9 days all together, with 2 crashes!
    I'm booked onto a trip to Almeria in March next year for 4 days, although they seem cheap at £450ish, the reality is they cost around £1500 from my workings?!

12. 7 Dec 2018 at 10:53 PM #132
    Dcutters

Dcutters On the path

Your Motor:
    Colour Combo:
    Carbon black/black

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 11:05 PM
  13. 7 Dec 2018 at 11:03 PM #133
    Dcutters

Dcutters On the path

Your Motor:
    Colour Combo:
    Carbon black/black
    JoePeeps I should be booking the Almeria March 13th date with Focused tomorrow. Know what you mean about price, after flights, car hire and so on it soon exceeds the grand, love Almeria though, don't understand why some knock it.

14. 7 Dec 2018 at 11:09 PM #134
    JoePeps

Your Motor:
    M2/XJS/S1000RR
    Colour Combo:
    Black/Red
    Hopefully be worth it! I guess it depends how much you factor in for oil changes and consumables onto the price of the trip or not as that can add a fair chunk on if you take the full value.

Looking like the new S1000RR won't be around for delivery until May, which to be honest is too late for me and I don't want to start the next season on my old S1000RR to be honest. So I'm going to BMW to cancel my order and go to buy a used V4S from the next dealer down the road tomorrow instead! Been doing a lot of research into track noise limits and it looks as though it may be ok as long as I keep it stock exhaust wise.

Means Spain will be done on it :D

15. 7 Dec 2018 at 11:42 PM #135
    Dcutters

Dcutters On the path

Your Motor:
    Colour Combo:
    Carbon black/black
    JoePeeps That seems a shame you're not buying the new RR, my friend Baz, currently out there at Almeria has put his deposit down on one. I gotta say, I personally would wait till May, I think the bike is going to be as game changing as the '15 was. I was stuck behind a V4S at Almeria in March last year, I was right up it's arse for 3 laps, trying hard to get past, turns out it was Topcat, a mate. It sounded SO good, and seemed to handle pretty well, although not convinced as well as my '15 RR with mods. The journo's say they're a little harder to get the best from, I don't know, but can understand why you'd want one. Personally I'd wait for the new RR.

16. 8 Dec 2018 at 12:13 AM #136
    JoePeps

Your Motor:
    M2/XJS/S1000RR
    Colour Combo:
    Black/Red
    I know exactly where you're coming from mate, and that's why I got on the list for the RR in the first place. But after riding an 1199s (admittedly a different beast) it just felt so much more fun than my RR and that does stick in my mind.
    I'm not chasing the last few tenths on a trackday so being quicker doesn't concern me and I genuinely think I'd have more fun overall on one. And my god do they look good.

Plus I'm so bloody impatient, if I could get the RR in feb then I'd wait but I want a full road and track season on a new bike next year so really don't want to compromise and do half of it on my current RR. No doubt I will own one at some point though.

17. 8 Dec 2018 at 3:35 PM #137
    Dcutters

Dcutters On the path

Your Motor:
    Colour Combo:
    Carbon black/black
    JoePeeps On reflection, that's a smart move buying the V4S, back in '15 I had some nice disposable cash, badly wanted the new bike, many parts were transferable with the previous bike, plus of course they came out in late Feb, which was perfect for the season. This time round, it's coming out a lot later, and being a ground up remake, there will probably be a wait for nice quality track fairings, rearsets and the like. Like you say, the Ducati is a piece of art on wheels, a beautiful thing like no other, and I wish you all the best. Next time round, probably in 2 more years I'll hopefully buy an ex '19 RR superstock bike, and not buy one new from the dealership. Good luck mate.

JoePeps likes this.
  18. 8 Dec 2018 at 5:10 PM #138
    JoePeps

Your Motor:
    M2/XJS/S1000RR
    Colour Combo:
    Black/Red
  19. 8 Dec 2018 at 5:53 PM #139
    Dcutters

Dcutters On the path

Your Motor:
    Colour Combo:
    Carbon black/black
    JoePeps It's lovely mate, Ducati's are something special, thanks for the pics, those 3 laps sitting behind one were memorable! Ahh, the memories of laps at Almeria eh, haha. Baz (there now), has just fitted a PC5 I bought off him, 'said it sounds and feels much crisper, but then he wouldn't say it sounded crap now would he. I've never yet had a power commander on any bike, but figured the RR, with full Akro would be worth it. So I'd better go book the 13th, roll on March, (not like i'm wishing the next 3 months away, 'couse not)

JoePeps likes this.
  20. 8 Dec 2018 at 9:13 PM #140
    Horico

Horico Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    09 MC Edition E92
    Colour Combo:
    Monte Carlo / Black
    Nice choice JoePeps - I nearly went for a demo that a dealer was selling a month or so back - about 19.5k and a few hundred miles. I wouldn't have got the M3 though so it's still worked out well.

As for my bikes, I've gone ZX-6R, ZX-7R, R1, GSXR1000 K7, bikeless for years and now have a 1199s and a K5 GSXR750 track bike. The Pani started as a std red one but I've made a few changes in the last year or so. A few pics:

OEM Spec:
    [​IMG]IMG_4214 by , on Flickr

As she sits today:
    [​IMG]IMG_4824 by , on Flickr

The K5:
    [​IMG]20180521_140119 by , on Flickr

Dcutters and JoePeps like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)