JonL93

On the path
Aug 5, 2021
Reaction score
What're you driving?
BMW M4
Colour Combo
Mineral Grey / Black
Placed an order on Friday for some gloss black side grills for the M4.
Had an email this morning asking for more money as there has been a 'price increase' but no explanation on why it's changed in 2 working days.

Not massively impressed by this if I'm honest, the difference is £30 which isn't a lot but it's more principle.
I paid by credit card (as I always do with online shopping) and the transaction has been fully processed so should they honour the original price?

Has anyone else had this experience?

YMBF80

Flexing a golden cincture
Mar 19, 2018
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2018 6MT F80 M3
Colour Combo
Yas Marina Blue / Silverstone
There's been some negative reviews about them on the F8x UK Facebook page, namely with their MPE's, where they've taken the money and there's been no movement on the order.

JonL93

On the path
Aug 5, 2021
Reaction score
What're you driving?
BMW M4
Colour Combo
Mineral Grey / Black
There's been some negative reviews about them on the F8x UK Facebook page, namely with their MPE's, where they've taken the money and there's been no movement on the order.

I saw that post after I placed my order

Was hoping it was because the person ordered an MPE tbf rather than a small part

YMBF80

Mar 19, 2018
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2018 6MT F80 M3
Colour Combo
I saw that post after I placed my order

Was hoping it was because the person ordered an MPE tbf rather than a small part

I'm pretty sure ML Performance is nothing more than a drop shipper and doesn't actually hold any stock. Your £30 price increase could be an indication of this IMO.

marrow

Nov 4, 2014
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2003 m3 vert
I have used them for small stuff and always been very good tbh- I agree with you they should honour the price you purchased at.

JonL93

On the path
Aug 5, 2021
Reaction score
What're you driving?
BMW M4
Colour Combo
Mineral Grey / Black
I'm pretty sure ML Performance is nothing more than a drop shipper and doesn't actually hold any stock. Your £30 price increase could be an indication of this IMO.

I feel you are right
I get the impression I've placed my order with them and all they have done is go to BMW, been told a different price to what they charged me and now want the difference.

Might get Cotswold to quote me on here for them tbh, will see what ML Performance come back with to my email first.

YMBF80

Mar 19, 2018
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2018 6MT F80 M3
Colour Combo
I feel you are right
I get the impression I've placed my order with them and all they have done is go to BMW, been told a different price to what they charged me and now want the difference.

Might get Cotswold to quote me on here for them tbh, will see what ML Performance come back with to my email first.

Yeah, I think so too. I personally wouldn't be happy paying the extra and would be cancelling my order.

I haven't heard many good things about ML Performance from friends, I've avoided them like the plague. Your post and the Facebook post just add to/cement that opinion.

jjm3uk

Wearing official crakows
Aug 3, 2010
Reaction score
What're you driving?
E92 M3
They did the same when I ordered M Performance steering wheel. Cancelled and refunded. The price for the Steering wheel is through the roof now though TBH.

Users who are viewing this thread