Le Mans 2021

Discussion in 'M3cutter Group Meet HQ' started by BurtinsonMcBert, Jul 12, 2020.

1. 12 Jul 2020 at 12:03 AM #1
    BurtinsonMcBert

BurtinsonMcBert A mere Chipper

What're you driving?:
    2013 e92 M3
    Colour Combo:
    jerez black / black
    Tickets are selling fast...
    Anyone doing Le Mans 2021?
    M3 meet ups and convoys en route will be fun.
    I'm heading there with a bunch of folk for the night ferry from Portsmouth to Caen on Wednesday.
    If anybody fancies joining a convoy give me a shout :beer:

2. 18 Jan 2021 at 9:31 PM #2
    Old Skool

Old Skool Wearing official crakows

What're you driving?:
    2005 e46 vert carbon black (SC) & e92 Comp Pack Jerez black ipe f1
    Colour Combo:
    Carbon Black Red Nappa Jerez and black
    am booked my tickets and camping rolled over from last year staying at team langoustine in the circuit.that is if ain’t gone bust since. Will drop you a line nearer the time. Not sure if you have been to the great British welcome on the Friday but worth a drive out. Details on the www am praying for a hot one as need a good weekend with the lads. Just hope the event goes ahead like it was.

3. 19 Jan 2021 at 8:39 PM #3
    Flapps

Flapps Wearing official crakows

What're you driving?:
    2008 E93 M3 + GLC 43AMG
    Colour Combo:
    M3 Silverstone II/extended fox red, with all the whistles and bells. AMG obsidian black/night pack
    As much as I'd love this to happen I don't think it will in June. I'm betting that it'll be run as it was last year in September with no crowds again. My reason for saying this is because I don't think the vaccinations in the EU will be at the same level as here in the UK and I think the French wont do anything to assist their continentail neighbours, especially us Brits, in speeding up their vaccination programme. I read recently that they are behind most EU countries but how true that is, I really don't know. I also cant see the circuit catering for a much lower capacity crowd wise, just not commercially viable in my view.

Dont get me wrong I'd love to go, really missed not going last year but I just cant see it for now....if it does ahead I'll gladly eat my hat!

Also heard that the guy who takes photos of cars as they go through the Gare de Peage de Herquelingue on the A16 near Boulougne on Thursdays and then makes an album from them, done it for years has chucked it all in and moved to the Carribean.

4. 22 Jan 2021 at 9:29 PM #4
    Old Skool

What're you driving?:
    Colour Combo:

Makes sense was just trying to be a little optimistic but the reality is I tend to agree, shame about the guy who takes pics got a couple off him in years gone by can’t beat giving it beanz out of the toll booth and getting a pic at the same time. I had a e92 a few years back with Ipe f1 pipe that took a few peoples heads off on way down to lemans.
    Hey ho let’s see what happens but I think a mail to the guys at team langoustine is now on my to do list..

5. 22 Jan 2021 at 9:45 PM #5
    Flapps

Flapps Wearing official crakows

What're you driving?:
    2008 E93 M3 + GLC 43AMG
    Colour Combo:
    M3 Silverstone II/extended fox red, with all the whistles and bells. AMG obsidian black/night pack
    Trust me I'm trying to be optimistic as well and know exactly what you're saying. I think like you; LM is in the blood now and will never leave. Once you've been your hooked! I think the build up is going to be different as well. Beermountain is no more, Stickered Up For Le Mans is no more, well they're looking for a buyer and until then no more stickers! Speedchills has been bought out by Travel destinations and I dread to think how the travel agencies are going to survive this year in order for next years offering! No idea what changes will be made post covid in and around the circuit or in Le Mans itself for the drivers parade. All that aside, I'll still go.

On of the main reasons for buying my E93 was to go to Le Mans and agree applying some beans away from the tolls does make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up! Heaven knows what LPE F1 sounded like! My best mate retires in May next year so 2022 will be a hell of a trip to a little corner of France that will forever be England! We'll get there mate!:beer:

6. 22 Jan 2021 at 10:25 PM #6
    Old Skool

What're you driving?:
    Colour Combo:
    26 years in or me the odd break now and then tried Spa 24 hrs a couple of times for a change which was pretty good to be honest not lemans but a good weekend mon the least. Many a year in camping blu Beer mountains mad Friday no sleep hose pipe showers but had to earn my stripes. Can remember no safety fences just awesome. Lean over the wall and you could almost slap the drivers in the head. McLaren f1 grr v12 on full champ simply just amazing and flaming f40s lighting up the night sky. What I’d give to be there right now on a warm night although had plenty of wet ones with stubbie warm beer in my hand :)

We will be back on mass, keep the faith and am sure you’ll get the chance to let rip in the 93.

7. 22 Jan 2021 at 11:01 PM #7
    DarenP

DarenP Achieved official socks

What're you driving?:
    2011 E92 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Min White / Fox Red
    I went for my first trip to Le Mans in 2019 after years of meaning to go but not getting round to it.
    Really glad I went when I did !
    Had a brilliant weekend and would love to go again
    Maybe / hopefully next year

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RobertM3 and Derekh929 like this.
  8. 22 Jan 2021 at 11:25 PM #8
    stuartk

stuartk Flexing a golden cincture

What're you driving?:
    RS300 Trophy
    Colour Combo:
    Volcanic Orange/Black Recaros
    The French are always behind other countries usually waving a white flag.

Flapps likes this.
  9. 17 Feb 2021 at 3:02 PM #9
    RobertM3

RobertM3 A mere Chipper

What're you driving?:
    1995 M3 Evo Saloon/2008 M3 coupe
    Great shot, so familiar! :D

Le Mans is epic; below is 2018. Last minute decision to attend, had a brilliant drive and a brilliant couple of days. Would love to be there in 2021 #fingerscrossed.

[​IMG]

DarenP likes this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)