Land Rover Defender

Discussion in 'Other Marques' started by Toffeeman, Mar 25, 2020.

1. 27 Mar 2020 at 9:16 PM #21
    stuartk

stuartk Achieved official socks

What're you driving?:
    F82 M4
    Colour Combo:
    Mineral Grey/Amaro Brown Full Leather
    I agree I would rather a used SVR than bloody £60-80k for a Defender.

Or alternatively I would buy a proper Defender. The old one.

simonas likes this.
  2. 28 Mar 2020 at 6:07 AM #22
    DaveMSport

DaveMSport Achieved official socks

What're you driving?:
    E46 M3 Individual, E36 M3 track car, Landrover Defender E53 X5, E38 730, E30 318is, E30 Mtec touring
    Colour Combo:
    Techno Violet/silver gray
    I think as a modern 4x4 or new landrover, it's nice and I like it.
    As a new Defender, I think JLR have dropped the ball. It's more or less just another version of what they already offer with the Discovery so now they've just got 5 or 6 vehicles in the range that are all more or less targeting the same market.

The biggest 4x4 market in the world has and always will be the pickup, crewcab pickup or utility 4x4 market where the old Defender used do well on, the F150 dominates and lately why the Ranger has been selling like hotcakes.

Landrover now not having a vehicle for this market and just launching a new Defender that will actually be taking buyers away from another Rangerover is madness especially as they're always complaining about losing sales.

Then there's the price...

I've had two 110s and now a 130 and if I was to choose, it would be dropping less than half the cost of one of these on rebuilding an old one and making it far better vehicle for my needs and hold its money much better too! :)

The 400 version would be nice due to the power alright but my 130 can do 0-60 in 8 or 9 seconds if I'm bothered anyways so it's not like that's slow and has cost me less just an options list of a decent new one lol.

3. 28 Mar 2020 at 7:06 AM #23
    xBox

xBox Achieved official socks

What're you driving?:
    991.2 GT3
    Colour Combo:
    Miami Blue
    Some very interesting opinions, but who has actually seen and sat in one, to properly judge this?

Yes, it has the latest generation infotainment, audio, USB's etc...., but it still has plastic floors and a rubber lined boot.

I need something I can rinse out, get dirty and not worry about, yet I would struggle to purchase a piece of nondescript crap.

Nothing else in their range fits that for me.

rsk21 likes this.
  4. 30 Mar 2020 at 1:15 PM #24
    rsk21

rsk21 Achieved official socks

What're you driving?:
    Various - ex M4 vert CP
    Good choice Sir.

The reality is these cars are as much, if not more, of a replacement for the brilliant Disco 4 as they are the legacy Defender.

Boxy, rugged, practical, genuinely multi-purpose. They are going to sell as many as they can make and rightly so.

I fancy a fairly low spec 90 with a custom gun case in the back :)

xBox likes this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)