Incoming GT3.

ADL

Flexing a golden cincture
Jan 12, 2014
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Porsche Cayman GT4
No buddy, I sold it on wrong advice as the mileage was over 11k. Back in the market again for one.

Oh no! So what was the advice? Is 11k considered high?!

ScottyM4CP

Wearing official crakows
Mar 26, 2016
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2021 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 PDK
Colour Combo
Gentian Blue
Only just spotted this thread! I need to read through it all but well done @Schmeel - you got there in the end and you have a stunning piece of machinery!!:thumbsup:

Jim996

Wearing official crakows
Jan 15, 2018
Reaction score
What're you driving?
718 GT4, E91 Touring 325D, Audi Q5, Yamaha R1 Race Bike, KTM 250 SXF MX bike, Wife's Horse Box!
As a bench mark figure Chris , I’ve been quoted locally £2790 for PPF only . That’s for

Front bumper
Wing mirrors
Around windscreen
Bonnet
Front wings !

To me it’s never ever worth that kind of money . It will take 2 blokes a day tops .
I wasn't sure how to start this thread. Or even if I should start one at all. But alas here we are.

(Essay incoming, skip to bottom for the good bit)

This week has been somewhat of a roller coaster of emotions.

I am not sure many got a chance to click through on the link @Alex0 posted on Tuesday. That car was one the OPC approved used site and gone within 24hrs.

Being a regular visitor of the site, possibly 4 times a day since Aug last year (Mrs probably happy with my search history), hitting up our very own @ADL and @Redman who both were very generous in their advice which proved very helpful.
I clocked a car that just came on sale. Perhaps it had gone up 30 mins before? I am not sure but I called Leeds to enquire, the sales guy didn't even know it had gone live.

I enquired about the history, condition etc usual stuff and told him I was very interested but not at that price. I put in a very strong offer and was instantly rejected. Damn.

OK so second offer, he said he will go away and speak with his manager. In the meantime he will get someone to take some pics and send them over. Anyway more to and fro chat throughout the day and it's 6pm. He calls me and says Shah, look we got some interested buyers and we are very happy to move forward with them if you are not....

Phone line goes dead. I return dialled and nothing. Doesn't ring. Damn no tone. Call the dealer and no answer. Close of business.

What the hell do I do? I did what anyone in my shoes would have done... hit up @Scottyant for 7th time that day and simply said... guide me O wise one :roflmao: (proper legend he is, put up with so many of my irritating questions).

A few choice words from him and I was texting the sales rep at 830pm telling him I want the car.

Fast forward to 845am I called the OPC to talk to Neil my sales rep, que receptionist silence.. "Shah, Neil isn't in today, he will be back tomorrow. Shall I ask him to call you back?"

No.. you dumbass. No. Just no. Put me through to manager or another sales rep I want to buy the car now (not exactly those words, but you get the picture).

So another chap comes on the phone and spins me some story about how his guy has offered on the car too and he can't take a deposit because they have a meeting. He will discuss with his manager and "maybe" call me back.

What the hell kind of smoke and mirrors are being played here?

Not one to take it lyng down. I gave an excellent speech why they should sell me the car and in the end managed to bag some discount and goodwill too.

Deposit placed. Car off sale.

Had to jump through some hoops re the finance, as never done that before but fast forward to this evening and everything approved.

Now it's a waiting game till collection day.

Anyway if you are still here after that all that waffle or if you skipped to the end. Here are the specs.

991.2 GT3
GT silver
Manual
Clubsport (folding carbon buckets)
Lift
Led's
Bose
Reversing cam
Extended leather everywhere (interior trim, dash etc)
No PCCB's

Oh and it's fresh... 2.4k miles. I love it, as its a very classy spec (to my eyes). Sort of touring with a wing if you will.

Thanks lads, you guys helped me get this over the line. Its a dream come true type scenario for me and your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Shah.
Looks mint that one. 991.2 is supposed be be absolutely bulletpoof after the disaster with the chocolate engines on the 991.1. Will be amazing to drive.

Last edited:

Melvyn

Jan 29, 2014
Reaction score
What're you driving?
991.2 GT3
Colour Combo
Crayon
Oh no! So what was the advice? Is 11k considered high?!

It is , but just with a certain few I think who keep there’s as garage queens. I remember the engine and exhaust loosen up at about 10k miles.
My own mistake listening to crap, mine would be due new tax disc, tyres, extended warranty and service this May, so never cost me much for 24 months enjoyment.

ScottBacon

Jan 28, 2013
Reaction score
What're you driving?
M3 Xdrive, X235i, McLaren 600LT
Colour Combo
Portimao, Misano, Silica White
Well done Schmeel

That looks lovely ( so much better than the spyders :p )

Many many congrats on getting over the line :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Schmeel

Aug 11, 2012
Reaction score
What're you driving?
991.2 GT3
Colour Combo
GT Silver

Schmeel

Aug 11, 2012
Reaction score
What're you driving?
991.2 GT3
Colour Combo
GT Silver

Schmeel

Aug 11, 2012
Reaction score
What're you driving?
991.2 GT3
Colour Combo
GT Silver
@Schmeel in his new whip

The good old days.

Now its more like I am leaving now mate there are road works on the A27 and it's a 40mph average speed for 6 miles, so I'll see you 4 hours.

Schmeel

Aug 11, 2012
Reaction score
What're you driving?
991.2 GT3
Colour Combo
GT Silver
No buddy, I sold it on wrong advice as the mileage was over 11k. Back in the market again for one.

Ahh mate your car was stunning!.

There is a lovely graphite for sale (only one I have seen come up)

Or wait it out for perhaps a 992 gt3? Or something entirely different?

AsifM

Rocking a new hat
Dec 12, 2014
Reaction score
What're you driving?
C63 + Golf GTI
4.0 manual GT3..epic.. congrats

gavinsan

Underwear thermally upgraded
Jun 12, 2013
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Family wagon 2017 320i touring, E92 M3 Individual Comp
Colour Combo
Blue / Black , Frozen brilliant white / Black
Congrats @Schmeel so pleased you finally found the one and a true dream car right there .

Many congratulations and may you have many very fabulous adventures with her !

rsk21

Sep 13, 2015
Reaction score
I’ve only just seen this Shah

It’s an absolute beauty, we’ll done you.

I hope you enjoy every single minute of driving and owning it my friend.

Big q - is your cool CSRalike keeping it company or is that off to a new home ?

Schmeel

Aug 11, 2012
Reaction score
What're you driving?
991.2 GT3
Colour Combo
GT Silver
I’ve only just seen this Shah

It’s an absolute beauty, we’ll done you.

I hope you enjoy every single minute of driving and owning it my friend.

Big q - is your cool CSRalike keeping it company or is that off to a new home ?

Thanks Robin.
Currently undecided on the 997. List it somewhere as it is, or put it back to standard (Seems a shame to do that).

This all happened pretty quick.

How's the 600LT? We have to meet, if you are still up for it?

Sorcerer

Wearing official crakows
Jun 7, 2016
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Superb G82 Xdrive. Awesome Porsche 911 (992) TTS. GONE. Sad.
Wow, congratulations mate, that looks the dogs danglies!!
I'm starting to get Pork envy. :think:
Enjoy that beauty. :thumbsup:

Schmeel

Aug 11, 2012
Reaction score
What're you driving?
991.2 GT3
Colour Combo
GT Silver
Wow, congratulations mate, that looks the dogs danglies!!
I'm starting to get Pork envy. :think:
Enjoy that beauty. :thumbsup:
Thank you mate.

ZeroFX

Underwear thermally upgraded
Apr 16, 2019
Reaction score
What're you driving?
M4x
Colour Combo
BG + Fiona Red
I think someone i know has one of these in Lava.

What i didnt know was that people buy these things on interest only finance. Probably why the miles stay so low as to preserve the value due to that kind of finance model

Morph7

Wearing official crakows
Mar 15, 2017
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Audi A3 family wagon
Colour Combo
White
I think someone i know has one of these in Lava.

What i didnt know was that people buy these things on interest only finance. Probably why the miles stay so low as to preserve the value due to that kind of finance model

Have just been phoning around looking at finance myself, although not on a lovely GT3 unfortunately!

One company I had quotes from, were really only putting the interest only quotes on the table. I think you could obviously have got better rates for that a while back, but even at the current rate it makes interest only very appealing.

They went on to tell me about one of their clients who had a 991 4.0 GT3 RS, that has financed it for 2 years, interest only with 0 mileage over the term of the agreement :blink:

Henry 145

Oct 25, 2015
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Beemers
Yes interesting how the high value finance works - was shocked when I got quotes on a GTS last year - lease purchase from memory. The bet is the car will stay the same or increase in price from memory so the monthly is quite cheap in comparison to say a PCP agreement. It is all good as long as prices do not drop as car cannot be handed back (I think) like a PCP.

As long as the market continues as it is all is good - the moment it craps itself and values realign then it is a game of musical chairs

Users who are viewing this thread