Highest Mileage E9x M3?

Discussion in 'E90 Saloon / E92 Coupe / E93 Convertible M3 (2008-2013)' started by Scutch, Jul 10, 2018.

1. 12 Jul 2018 at 10:42 AM #21
    martybee58

martybee58 On the path

Your Motor:
    2010 M3 DCT
    Colour Combo:
    Black/Red
    Thanks for the reply Cardoc, I was expecting you to say no track use and no short runs. but that's some really useful info.

2. 12 Jul 2018 at 10:45 AM #22
    Jimboe92M3

Jimboe92M3 Wearing official underwear

Your Motor:
    2008 M3 DCT
    Colour Combo:
    Alpine white/black rims,mirrors,grills/black leather/carbon trim
    A very well cared for car. Good work.

That's the same warm up routine as me and I use my car very similarly. Although my car has never had oil and filter changes in between main dealer recommendations and mine is still going strong on 93k. Definitely doesn't hurt though.

The only problem I had was the battery, as you said. Mine started to show issues where the comfort entry wouldn't work so I knew it was on it's way out. But me having a very relaxed attitude about it, I ended up paying the price!
    I was in slow moving, heavy traffic on the south circular. Just got across one of the busiest junctions and the car died and was stuck in gear too :bh:
    It threw up a drivetrain malfunction warning so I was terrified to was a gearbox issue.

Plenty of helpful people asked if I wanted a push but as it was in gear there was no way it was moving. And it took 4 hours for RAC to come and recover me. I head my head in my hands when lorries and buses were having to swing right around it to get past. It was terrifying!!

If only I'd known at the time that it was the battery I would have just swallowed the extortionate RAC price for a new one but both me and the RAC guy agreed that due to the fault it flashed up, it was probably best not to try and jump start it in case there was a gearbox fault.

You would not believe the relief when I got home, charged the battery right up and it fired straight up!!!

3. 13 Jul 2018 at 4:08 PM #23
    Subzero269

Subzero269 Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    2009 E92 M3 DCT
    96k miles on mine and it genuinely feels as tight and well put together as my 30k 335i I had a few years back - people are always amazed that it's done almost 100k miles. The E92 is so much better built than the E46 was - and I had 3 E46 cars some high mileage and older, some low mileage and younger.

My nerve isn't holding out any longer and i'm going to get the rod bearings done in the next couple of months. I hate that I've given in to internet scaremongering, but to be honest, when I come to sell it in a few years it'll should hopefully be a big selling point as people are going to be very wary (rightly or wrongly) of a ~130k mile car which hasn't had it done. So hopefully i'll get (some of) the cost back when I sell it.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  4. 14 Jul 2018 at 5:19 PM #24
    Alex5000

Alex5000 Wearing official robes

Your Motor:
    2005 BMW M3
    Colour Combo:
    Carbon Black / Kiwi
  5. 16 Jul 2018 at 7:13 AM #25
    PeteD

PeteD Rocking a new hat

Your Motor:
    e92 M3, Alpine White, Black/Carbon interior, Comp Pack
    This is a great find :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

6. 16 Jul 2018 at 8:06 AM #26
    joshe

joshe On the path

Your Motor:
    F80 M3
    Also interested to know what the highest mileage F80 is out there? Mines on 42k (2015 M3)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)