HiFi Amp Problem

M2daz

A mere Chipper
Reaction score
What're you driving?
M2
Colour Combo
LBB
The onset of colder weather seems to have triggered a problem with the Harman Kardon amplifier. I'm getting loud cracks and pops coming from the speakers, but it seems to go away once the car has warmed up. I gather this seems to be a common issue and have got the car booked in at the dealer but the earliest appointment was several weeks away. In the meantime it's driving me potty and I was wondering if it's a question of just swapping out the amp for a replacement or does it require coding to the car before a new one will work properly? If it just a simple swap I'm tempted to get a recon one off ebay for the time being.

Cheers Darren

AbdulC

Wearing official crakows
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Not a BMW
2 series hk amp is an f30 hifi amp. No coding required. It's probably gotten wet. If your interested Audiotech Fischer do a plug and play upgrade with a lot more power and tuning capability called a Match up7. Had it in my F30 with eton speakers.

I'd let BMW do their thing assuming it's under warranty.

M2daz

A mere Chipper
Reaction score
What're you driving?
M2
Colour Combo
LBB
2 series hk amp is an f30 hifi amp. No coding required. It's probably gotten wet. If your interested Audiotech Fischer do a plug and play upgrade with a lot more power and tuning capability called a Match up7. Had it in my F30 with eton speakers.

I'd let BMW do their thing assuming it's under warranty.

Thanks this looks like a good option - does the ASD still work OK with it?
Cheers Darren

Users who are viewing this thread