G83 Anyone yet ?

F83

Achieved official socks
Reaction score
What're you driving?
F83 M4
Do you also apply that logic to buying a house, i.e. you should only get a house if you can buy it in cash and never get a mortgage?

I agree some of those finance deals might not be the most prudent if just looking at the pure economics, but life is very short and if financing means some folks get to have the experience of an M car when they otherwise wouldn't, then what's the harm?

Yes, just mortgage my buy to let’s so others can pay it for me. But to explore your point somewhat, the cost of borrowing the money is far less for a mortgage and I think you can understand the difference between a depreciating or appreciating asset right ? So your analogy is moot.

Last edited:

DeadEye

Flexing a golden cincture
Reaction score
What're you driving?
M4 CP
Colour Combo
Blue Hera Mica/Full Opal and Fjord Blue Contrast
Really. Ask your parents or grandparents what they paid for their house. Most Mortgages are 25 years, although it seems 35 years to be the current norm, so how am I assuming "a lot". :p

There's your first assumption. :)

But I get your point.

I read somewhere recently it was 10 years - no-one every lost money on a house over 10 years.

F83

Achieved official socks
Reaction score
What're you driving?
F83 M4
Quite a good review except for this comment, which I think is nonsense "The roof itself can also have a more attractive shape. Indeed, in the metal, it’s quite an elegant shape and a lot sleeker than the slightly saloonish old model." - The hard top cab looks nicer IMO than the fabric roof.

C1CDG

Reaction score
What're you driving?
E92 M3 with comp pack
Colour Combo
Mineral white / fox red
https://www.instagram.com/p/CWm6yNTqvUL/?utm_medium=copy_link

Well in that particular example I can’t find one thing I like about it. Tanzanite is a great colour but it doesn’t work with gloss black wheels, the front tyres look like balloons and the ride height is terrible, plus those MP additions are just downright nasty.

Interior is lovely though!

F83

Achieved official socks
Reaction score
What're you driving?
F83 M4
https://www.instagram.com/p/CWm6yNTqvUL/?utm_medium=copy_link

Well in that particular example I can’t find one thing I like about it. Tanzanite is a great colour but it doesn’t work with gloss black wheels, the front tyres look like balloons and the ride height is terrible, plus those MP additions are just downright nasty.

Interior is lovely though!
Have to agree with you there, the colour selection is everything with this new model tbh - can really change the lines dramatically - I do like the Skyscraper Grey (is it) ? And M3GFY's Purple (forget official colour name) car is an awesome combo, best ive seen so far tbf.

m3 paul

Rocking a new hat
Reaction score
What're you driving?
G80 M3
Colour Combo
Dravit Grey / Fiona Red
Does that car still have its transport blocks fitted because that ride height is all wrong.

sunstoner

A mere Chipper
Reaction score
What're you driving?
M3 Competition
I
Quite a good review except for this comment, which I think is nonsense "The roof itself can also have a more attractive shape. Indeed, in the metal, it’s quite an elegant shape and a lot sleeker than the slightly saloonish old model." - The hard top cab looks nicer IMO than the fabric roof.

I do much prefer the look of a fabric roof. Gives the car its own sleek, classy look with its lower profile roof line and use of different roof material. Really stands out. Plus not having to haul around that bloated rear end is a bonus too.

Admittedly BMW did do the saloon sized hardtop 'vert the best amongst some appalling efforts from Ford, Vauxhall and Peugeot and not forgetting Lexus too!.

Last edited:

Henry 145

Reaction score
What're you driving?
Beemers

Henry 145

Reaction score
What're you driving?
Beemers
I

I do much prefer the look of a fabric roof. Gives the car its own sleek, classy look with its lower profile roof line and use of different roof material. Really stands out. Plus not having to haul around that bloated rear end is a bonus too.

Admittedly BMW did do the saloon sized hardtop 'vert the best amongst some appalling efforts from Ford, Vauxhall and Peugeot and not forgetting Lexus too!.

Yes the fabric roof for me in terms of the way it looks is step forward - I never liked the folding hard tops and a good quality fabric roof is very good. I had an E46 M3 vert and the fabric roof on that caused me no issues at all

Raif

Standard amice donned
Reaction score
What're you driving?
E92 M3
I do agree re the roof. The hardtop made the car look bloated to me. The fabric roof also adds a touch of class and makes it standout instead of trying to be a true coupe. Its a welcome sight to see the return of the fabric roof.

Can't have the riff raff asuming one is driving a FHC.

100% regarding the fabric roof. It's about time! The metal roof ruined the last couple generations of covertibles and looked gash in every way. Your either a convertible or a coupe make up your mind. God knows why they took all the downsides and combined them into one vehicle.

I've never been a convertible person but would only consider one with a fabric roof. Its no E36 cab but the G83 looks good

Henry 145

Reaction score
What're you driving?
Beemers
100% regarding the fabric roof. It's about time! The metal roof ruined the last couple generations of covertibles and looked gash in every way. Your either a convertible or a coupe make up your mind. God knows why they took all the downsides and combined them into one vehicle.

I've never been a convertible person but would only consider one with a fabric roof. Its no E36 cab but the G83 looks good

I always wanted an E36 cab with the DTM exhausts - agree the new G83 is a welcome return to form

sunstoner

A mere Chipper
Reaction score
What're you driving?
M3 Competition
Yes the fabric roof for me in terms of the way it looks is step forward - I never liked the folding hard tops and a good quality fabric roof is very good. I had an E46 M3 vert and the fabric roof on that caused me no issues at all

I wasnt lucky enough to have the M3 version but I owned a beautiful E46 325Ci M Sport Vert in Black Saphire Metalic and the roof on that was spot on, no problems at all with it. Either with the roof up or down it looked pretty darn smart!

Henry 145

Reaction score
What're you driving?
Beemers
I wasnt lucky enough to have the M3 version but I owned a beautiful E46 325Ci M Sport Vert in Black Saphire Metalic and the roof on that was spot on, no problems at all with it. Either with the roof up or down it looked pretty darn smart!

Loved those 325's and have a craving for a 325 or 330 vert from the E46 era if I can find one that is not rusting on the front arches (as my run around 330i Touring did)!

C1CDG

Reaction score
What're you driving?
E92 M3 with comp pack
Colour Combo
Mineral white / fox red
I don’t mind the fabric roofs. Always found my e46 M3 to be very good looking either up or down :)

sunstoner

A mere Chipper
Reaction score
What're you driving?
M3 Competition
Loved those 325's and have a craving for a 325 or 330 vert from the E46 era if I can find one that is not rusting on the front arches (as my run around 330i Touring did)!

The good ones (the non rusty variant), still look pretty smart, even today.

Raif

Standard amice donned
Reaction score
What're you driving?
E92 M3
I actually bought my first cabrio last month as a winter project (a R52 Cooper S which needed rescuing). The idea and looks are growing on me. My kids went crazy when I took them around the block with the roof down my daughter shouting "this is my dream" through her hair which was stuck to her face
:muttley:

Now they measure ever car by the ability for the roof to go "all the way down"

Ziman

Achieved official socks
Reaction score
What're you driving?
M3 X-Comp
Colour Combo
Oxide Grey with Kaylami Orange
Noticed theres two colour options for the roof one dark and the other a grey...

Users who are viewing this thread