FS: 2004 M3 coupe manual, mystic blue/grey

Discussion in 'Cars for sale' started by drjhill, Jun 10, 2018.

1. 10 Jun 2018 at 10:45 PM #1
    drjhill

drjhill On the path

Your Motor:
    e46 M3
    Evening all

OK the time has come to get my e46 M3 coupe up for sale. I haven't written a car ad for a while so please bear with me

Asking price is £11,500 ono before I forget, and already forgotten to mention I'm in Cheshire

Jan 2004 build facelift model originally on 04 plate. Mystic blue metallic with grey leather interior. You will all know the standard M3 spec so I am not going to type it out here

Factory options: 19 in double spoke wheels, green windscreen band, electric folding mirrors (my personal favourite), seat heating, CD head until and boot changer, Harmon Kardon speakers/amp, bluetooth and that's your lot. So NO satnav or sunroof in case you are looking

Owned for the last 4 years and mostly been my daily drive, but I have an ongoing problem with my left foot that means I need an auto for everyday, and I can't justify keeping this for only occaisonal use.

Current mileage is 104k and has hardly changed in the last few months (80k when I bought it)

Service history: is all main dealer BMW with stamps and paperwork to match. Last oil service was 12m ago and dash showing 10750m (or another year) to go. Head gasket was done just before I bought it (simpson motorsport £1800 inc oil, coolant, sparks and valve shims etc). Previous owner had alternator replaced. Had new thermostat, rear discs/pads, backbox mounting and an ignition coil (this week!) with me. Passenger airbag recall is done, drivers is now booked (I'd forgotten about it as I have not been using the car much).

MOT was 3 weeks ago, needed some tricky rear brake lines and exhaust flange sorting (1 broken stud defeated me). I will give you the reg to check history online

Mods are limited to a set of H&R lowering springs (I forget the numbers but the effect is subtle) with adjustable rear camber arms and geo set up, aux lead for ipod/phone input to the stereo head unit, coding to activate M-track mode and shift lights in the tacho

So all good stuff - but there is some not so good stuff:

rust just starting to nibble at the wheelarch edge drivers side front wing. Not the worst I've seen by a long way and not advised on MOT, but it's there
    front discs given their best, again not critical and not advised on MOT
    drivers seat / armrest shows a little wear (grey doesn't hide it as well as black) but no rips or tears

I'm not going to say that this is a low mileage "minter" / garage queen / collectors example. It is 14 years old with six figure mileage and has been driven, not wrapped in a carcoon. But it is a very clean, original, well cared for and original example.

I will get better pics (dropped my camera!) and photobucket playing up just now.

For any more details please PM me on here or txt me on
    zero seven five two five double zero double one one five

Please txt first as I can't answer at work and reception is patchy there. I would like to sell before my summer holiday if poss, after that it will be Autotrader & Ebay

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    CarpeDiem likes this.
  2. 24 Jun 2018 at 9:25 PM #2
    drjhill

drjhill On the path

Your Motor:
    e46 M3
    Quick bump to add

Aircon freshly regassed so ready for the summer that is coming this week

Will be washing again soon and getting some better picks with neighbours water butt in the background

Any questions please ask

3. 11 May 2019 at 10:49 AM #3
    drjhill

drjhill On the path

Your Motor:
    e46 M3
    Quick bump to get me back up the list and update a few bits

Nearly one year on from my original post and I want to get this car sold now (I have been busy with a few bits and bobs) and only done 1300 miles since the last MOT

so everything as above and:

Fresh MOT 2 days ago, only advisory was for tyres, all given their best (still all legal and evenly worn though)
    service will be due next month by time, but still 9000+ miles on the indicator due to lack of use
    new battery couple of months ago after a winter laid up finished it off
    on an M3 plate but I want to keep that because just maybe I'm not done with M3s yet

If the sun stays out and SWMBO does go out for the day I will get some more pics if I can get photobucket working OK
    happy to send detailed pics of anything you like and talk through any query you have

All in all a very clean and original car that took me a good while to find, nearly five years with me now with only niggles like windscreen washer pump, one coil pack and flat battery. I will be very sorry to see her go but things change and I cannot justify a car I hardly use.

Too good to strip for trackday use IMHO (and I have done that with my previous M3) but a very solid example if that's your thing
    Price above is negotiable to account for the tyres, I would rather deal with someone on here who will know a good car, next step will be Autotrader and brace myself for the time wasters

Cheers!

4. 11 May 2019 at 11:38 AM #4
    R60BBA

R60BBA Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    2002 E46 M3 Coupe
    Colour Combo:
    Carbon Schwarz / Laguna Seca Blau
    Add some more pictures pal.

FABSP likes this.
  5. 15 May 2019 at 10:12 PM #5
    drjhill

drjhill On the path

Your Motor:
    e46 M3
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  6. 15 May 2019 at 10:18 PM #6
    drjhill

drjhill On the path

Your Motor:
    e46 M3
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  7. 15 May 2019 at 10:22 PM #7
    R60BBA

R60BBA Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    2002 E46 M3 Coupe
    Colour Combo:
    Carbon Schwarz / Laguna Seca Blau
    Your photos don't appear to work?

8. 15 May 2019 at 10:57 PM #8
    drjhill

drjhill On the path

Your Motor:
    e46 M3
    Getting there

[​IMG]

9. 20 May 2019 at 10:31 PM #9
    drjhill

drjhill On the path

Your Motor:
    e46 M3
    FYI, this is the bad arch

[​IMG]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)