For Sale: Highly modified one of a kind BMW F87 M2

Discussion in 'Cars for sale' started by BishUK, Jul 14, 2018.

1. 3 Aug 2018 at 1:54 PM #21
    BishUK

BishUK On the path

Your Motor:
    F87 M2 LBB
    Anyone interested in this car for £41K?
    Anything less than that it makes financial sense to break her up and part out bits.

2. 3 Aug 2018 at 3:24 PM #22
    madda

madda Wearing official underwear

Your Motor:
    e92 SC M3 - S Wales
    With all respect the car is not highly modified or one of a kind.

All your bits are bolt on, so the only way you’re going to achieve your value expectations is the put it back to standard and have the faff of selling all the parts separately.

The other thing to consider is the bolt ons do make it stand out from the crowd so if you choose to advertise it much closer to the private sale value it will likely sell. That’s in contrast to if it’s back to standard, and will then be one of many and it may take a long while.

3. 3 Aug 2018 at 3:53 PM #23
    BishUK

BishUK On the path

Your Motor:
    F87 M2 LBB
    No harm or disrespect taken but I don't believe there to be an identical M2 currently for sale with everything mine has.
    It's 100% "stage 2 & beyond" ready, so the perfect car for a second owner to try and take to the next level - going further than just bolt-ons if they wish, safe in the knowledge that it's not been previously abused in the land of non-bolt ons).
    Sadly, I think I will have to part out or just keep the car and forget about the M2C, which I am finding easier to do as each day goes by.
    M2C is nice, but judging by the reviews, my current car will feel more responsive, will sound better and might just turn out to be the "sweat-spot/pick" of the M2 bunch when this current platform is all said and done.

4. 6 Aug 2018 at 8:19 PM #24
    BishUK

BishUK On the path

Your Motor:
    F87 M2 LBB
    WBAC.com will give me £33,850 for the car within 30mins for next 7 days - albeit in stock form.
    We all know in stock form it’s worth more than that.
    So i’ll price the car at £34,500, plus £1,500 for MPE and £1,500 for MPCoils, takes it to £37,500. Plus extra £2k for everything else (bar steering wheel and rear diffuser as I’m keeping them - buyer will get brand new oem wheel and diffuser).
    So, £39,500 all in.
    Car available in roughly a month.
    PM me if any interest.
    Thanks!

5. 9 Aug 2018 at 9:47 PM #25
    M2Nel

M2Nel On the path

Your Motor:
    M2
    So a sports cat and IC your getting 425 Bhp? :confused:

6. 9 Aug 2018 at 9:58 PM #26
    BishUK

BishUK On the path

Your Motor:
    F87 M2 LBB
    With just any old sports cat and IC, then no I’m not.

But with a 200 Cell DP, a Wagner competition IC, complete hi-flo hard piping throughout the system including turbo pipe, pure turbos inlet adaptor, ITG panel filter, MPE and VPower all working in combination produced a reading of 424bhp on one of the UKs most respected dynos.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  7. 10 Aug 2018 at 1:11 PM #27
    Penetrator

Penetrator Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    In Limbo
    I’m currently looking for an M2, yours looks great but it is overpriced and TBF your better off parting out the mods as I think your going to struggle getting that price with them on.
    Watching.....

8. 10 Aug 2018 at 5:37 PM #28
    BishUK

BishUK On the path

Your Motor:
    F87 M2 LBB
    I’m currently looking at a couple of Caymen GT4’s, I’ve seen some really nice ones but unfortunalty I can’t afford one right now. I am not saying they are overpriced, they are what they are.

I did my research and “paid to play” on my M2, and it’s a much better car for it. Agreed, strip it back to stock and it becomes just one of a hundred or so for sale on autotrader. But if someone else wants to pay to play too then they can own one of the very best first gen M2s out there.

One can buy a similar mileage stock M2 for £35k off autotrader, but anyone wanting to add MPE, Coils and PPF alone will already be hitting over £40k in expenditure. So looking at the full list of absolutely everything my car has/and has had done to it, I really struggle to see how it can be considered as overpriced at £39.5K.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  9. 13 Aug 2018 at 5:15 PM #29
    Roberts

Roberts Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    2015 F82 M4
    Colour Combo:
    Sapphire Black / Silverstone
    I am not saying it is or isn't over priced.

Just offering my opinion on perhaps why others do. The reality is modifications do not add large premiums on second hand cars. I am just talking from experience with my old E46 for example which I tried to sell at a premium with modifications, which when you do the maths such as you have above became a bargain...

Reality is I had to remove 90% of the modifications and sell them independently to get the money I wanted out of the car again.

What modifications do is make it stand out from the rest, which this example certainly does.

I am considering selling my M4 in the coming 12months and I wouldn't expect my akrapovic exhaust and M performance extras to drive much more value on top of the car.

Is this on pistionheads/autotrader etc.?

Have you thought about S.O.R to get a high premium? When I explored this previously a couple of places offered flat fee of £1,500.

10. 14 Aug 2018 at 11:26 AM #30
    BishUK

BishUK On the path

Your Motor:
    F87 M2 LBB

Thanks for your considered input, and potential useful advice re S.O.R. Coincidentally, I listed on PistonHeads yesterday morning.

I do agree with you in the main re: mods and resale value when attached to vehicles. But I would make a factual point that there are certain OEM approved mods like the MPE and MPCoils that do indeed carry a premium and are recognised by BMW/dealers as adding value to resale. I am currently being offered £2,500 more from my trade in dealer for the car with the MPE and Coils vs them having it in its stock form.

11. 27 Sep 2018 at 1:53 PM #31
    BishUK

BishUK On the path

Your Motor:
    F87 M2 LBB
    Now SOLD, gone to a great home, fellow enthusiast from this board.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)