Flat battery again

Discussion in 'E46 M3 (2001-2006)' started by V55ASH, Nov 8, 2019.

1. 8 Nov 2019 at 6:51 PM #1
    V55ASH

V55ASH A mere Chipper

Your Motor:
    E46 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Csl Grey and Black
    Just tried to start the car up to take it on a run to work and it's as flat as can be. I knew it would be as when I unlocked it you can tell by the sound of the central locking.

I haven't used the car for 3 weeks now, I try to use it atleast once a week for a 16mile round trip to work and back but what with the horrible weather of late it's not moved recently.

The battery is a bosch s5 010 but it died on my in January too after leaving it a few weeks over Xmas, last time I charged it up for the day and its been fine since.

Now is it dieing just due to using it once a week/fortnight or is the battery gonna need replacing as it'll just keep happening?

2. 8 Nov 2019 at 7:35 PM #2
    zulfario94

zulfario94 Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    BMW M3 SMG
    Colour Combo:
    Estoril Blue with Black Nappa Leather
    I chased a battery drain which turned out to be the battery in the end, mine wasn't even lasting 8 hours.

First of all if you car has HK, pull the fuse for the amp/stereo and see if that shows any change in charge. If nothing changes remove the fuse for the heater matrix (hedgehog resistor causes a drain) again if no change I would point to the batter itself and then look at replacing it.

I have recently used Tamya batteries on eBay to order a premium exide battery for 87. It is the full size of the battery tray and rated much higher than standard and is rated better for cold cranking. Had no issues since June/July when I replaced it (touch wood nothing crops up either).

V55ASH likes this.
  3. 8 Nov 2019 at 8:40 PM #3
    V55ASH

V55ASH A mere Chipper

Your Motor:
    E46 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Csl Grey and Black
    I've heard good things about the tamya batteries, I was close to just replacing it back in January as I hate it when you come to use it and it's dead.

zulfario94 likes this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)