F10 M5 Comp Pack - 24,995 - Quick sale

Discussion in 'Cars for sale' started by CarpeDiem, Sep 10, 2019.

1. 10 Sep 2019 at 2:37 PM #1
    CarpeDiem

CarpeDiem Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    Nothing
    So after a cutter left a deposit and then found he couldn’t get finance for the outstanding balance, it is with great reluctance that I have had to put this up for sale again!

This is priced to sell - absolutely no offers and please ensure you have funds in place to buy the car before getting in contact,

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...-prior-owner--52k-miles--bmw-wty-poss/9893750

2. 10 Sep 2019 at 2:39 PM #2
    Gaz1234

Gaz1234 Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    53k, manual, 54’ plate e46 M3 & f11 525d-aily
    Colour Combo:
    silver / black
    Sell it to me

3. 10 Sep 2019 at 5:56 PM #3
    CarpeDiem

Your Motor:
    Nothing
    Serious enquiries only please. Also, preferably, I’m looking for someone who can use full sentences when communicating - makes the whole process a bit easier, rather than relying on telepathy!!!

Tyler, stax and Mikeb1984 like this.
  4. 10 Sep 2019 at 7:35 PM #4
    heller

heller Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    F10 M5 CP, Civic Type R, C63 gone, B7 RS4 (gone), F82 BMW M4 (gone), E46 M3 (gone), E36 M3 (gone)
    Colour Combo:
    Black on black
    Lol....good luck it's an absolute steal

CarpeDiem likes this.
  5. 10 Sep 2019 at 7:40 PM #5
    Gaz1234

Gaz1234 Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    53k, manual, 54’ plate e46 M3 & f11 525d-aily
    Colour Combo:
    silver / black
    What did I offer in the previous thread, 23?

6. 10 Sep 2019 at 8:50 PM #6
    CarpeDiem

Your Motor:
    Nothing
    If you want it phone me - it's 25k not 23k - no offers.

7. 11 Sep 2019 at 11:48 AM #7
    davie3door

davie3door Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    F10 M5 F10 535d
    This is a cheap car at £25k it’s got to go at that FFS. Good luck

8. 11 Sep 2019 at 12:07 PM #8
    CarpeDiem

Your Motor:
    Nothing
    Thanks mate - you would hope so - it's virtually priced in line with non-comps !!!

9. 11 Sep 2019 at 3:32 PM #9
    zuul

zuul Wearing official robes

Your Motor:
    F10 M5. F07 GT. Z3MC. 997T. E46M3 (track blaster)Clio 182 Trophy (in storage)!
    This never ending for sale attempt reminds me of the sheer struggle I had selling mine.

It was the right colour, spec and immaculate. Extremely well priced, great advert and 1 prev owner.

My god it was a real nightmare and after finally getting shut I vowed never ever would I buy one again - only because of the hassle selling it.

I had to bomb the price to get any interest and even then it was from the usual knuckle dragging mouth breathers offering 5k less for a 'sale today no messing mate'.

Shame really as they are a massively capable car

I just feel the market is very very slow with a private sale at anything over 15k. The masses just want new cars on the drip these days.

This car looks like a great buy, especially the price and the fact it's a CP car.

Hope it sells soon OP - Have you tried AT? Pricey but it's normally the only place I've had serious interest in the past.

Gripper and CarpeDiem like this.
  10. 11 Sep 2019 at 3:45 PM #10
    CarpeDiem

Your Motor:
    Nothing
    Thanks mate, just had a trader call and offer 23k and another trader 23.5k...so worse case have that as a back stop.

I think I need to do decent pics and a video and put it on wider than just here and pistonheads...but part of me is resentful of having to sell it so stupidly cheap!!!

The market is on its backside - not sure if they are m5 specific issues or wider??? But honestly what a bargain for someone - and I mean that about all m5's not just mine - so much car for the money!

I had a 458 incoming, but the state of the market has put me off - I'd never be able to sell a car like that privately - ditto something like a 991.2 GT3 !!!

Overall my head says keep the m5 and wait until things get clearer in terms of Brexit, my heart says enjoy as many ICE cars before they go electric!!! Maybe I should just buy another 'lesser' car than the 458 to enjoy alongside this...

Gaz1234 likes this.
  11. 11 Sep 2019 at 4:10 PM #11
    TTMan

TTMan Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    Audi R8 and a Golf
    Colour Combo:
    Elderberry Pearl w Carbon
    Market is dead. You saw my FS thread. Stuff at this price point and higher is just not moving privately unless it is really given away. Frustrating

CarpeDiem likes this.
  12. 11 Sep 2019 at 4:28 PM #12
    akorn77

akorn77 On the path

Your Motor:
    2017 BMW M340i
    Agreed. I struggled to sell my £23k car privately last month (despite heavy discounting) so gave it into Arnold Clark reluctantly. I saw that a couple of other cutters members went down the same route recently. Sign of the times.

Nice car OP. GLWTS.

CarpeDiem likes this.
  13. 11 Sep 2019 at 4:33 PM #13
    davie3door

davie3door Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    F10 M5 F10 535d
    I have no doubt the PCP thing is to blame. Not many people nowadays own cars outright purely Leasing them, sign of the times

CarpeDiem likes this.
  14. 11 Sep 2019 at 4:36 PM #14
    CarpeDiem

Your Motor:
    Nothing
    Maybe this has to be a new way of thinking - trade in and go from there - thing is when you take a dealer spread into account, going through a lot of cars is very expensive!!!

akorn77 likes this.
  15. 11 Sep 2019 at 4:37 PM #15
    TTMan

TTMan Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    Audi R8 and a Golf
    Colour Combo:
    Elderberry Pearl w Carbon
    Agreed. Why would you buy, in my case, a 10 year old car with 50k miles on when for much less money you can have a brand new M4 for 3 years...I like to own my cars but that attitude seems to be dying out

Anyway GLWTS CarpeDiem

fox10 and CarpeDiem like this.
  16. 11 Sep 2019 at 4:40 PM #16
    akorn77

akorn77 On the path

Your Motor:
    2017 BMW M340i
    I was asking for £22,500 in the end privately - didn't get a single enquiry despite the super low mileage and 1.5yrs BMW Warranty left on it. It was even a one of a kind spec, only one in the market. Traded it in for £20,600 and Arnold Clark have listed it for £23,500. I was actually surprised that they went for a fairly small margin (in terms of trade), can't see them shifting it any time soon with Brexit on the horizon.

gavinsan likes this.
  17. 11 Sep 2019 at 6:49 PM #17
    DaveDar

DaveDar On the path

Your Motor:
    Audi TT
    Decent advert and decent price, unfortunately you are victim of an incredibly tough market.

I’m on the hunt for an E92 (quite fussy with what I want) and cars are sitting around at reasonable money.

CarpeDiem likes this.
  18. 11 Sep 2019 at 6:59 PM #18
    fox10

fox10 On the path

Your Motor:
    Toyota Landcruiser 3.4vx
    Its true most of my mates are leasing or contract hireing. I have done it twice in my life and I can see the attraction - brand new car en all...

GLWS!

19. 11 Sep 2019 at 11:49 PM #19
    Too hot

Too hot Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    Sold it
    Colour Combo:
    what car
    I just sold my GOLF GTI ED 40,eventually managed to get my £25k back.
    Had loadsa dealers on with low ball offers finally an enthusiast who knew what he was looking at and wanted bought it.
    You are looking for the same hopefully.
    As many have said few people actually buy cars with their own money now. It’s all pcp or leasing.

CarpeDiem likes this.
  20. 11 Sep 2019 at 11:52 PM #20
    sharkman07

sharkman07 Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    2013 991 Carrera S PDK
    Basically it affects everything at the moment, my SL was for sale three months at less than half the price of this M5. I am convinced mine was the best example for sale in the UK as it was absolutely immaculate and enthusiast maintained.

In that time I had a couple of viewings that were clearly non serious tyre kickers. People kept talking about the road tax cost which I repeatedly pointed out was £200 more for the advantage of having a 400bhp V8.. if someone can't pay that then they clearly should have been looking at Diesel Hyundais instead.

I then dropped it to a price point and then refused to go lower where it sat for a month until I finally had a sensible viewing. So in three months one sensible viewing.

They could immediately see that my car was leagues ahead of any other example for sale and bought it for the asking price. I still feel like I gave it away but having cancelled a new Porsche I had incoming and with daily news about an upcoming recession and financial pain coming, then the sensible thing is to sit tight for a few months.

This is affecting all ends of the market, I have a friend with his mint Ferrari that has been on the market for 8 months. Dealers don't have the money to buy his car, just keep offering him SOR and their pricing is completely unrealistic in relation to sold auction prices.

In addition to leasing skewing the market the reality is most dealers have no cash reserves and can only talk in terms of SOR.

I bought some amazing cars in 2008-2010 for bargain basement prices so it won't be a bad thing if people have liquidity, just sit tight and see what happens. These M5's are amongst the very best cars someone can buy at any price point, performance is equal to cars I have had at near £100k, so the issue is not your pricing it is the demand.

davie3door and CarpeDiem like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)