Exhaust Change Eisenmann Race to Stock Modded

Discussion in 'E90 Saloon / E92 Coupe / E93 Convertible M3 (2008-2013)' started by JosephB, Jun 14, 2018.

1. 14 Jun 2018 at 11:32 PM #1
    JosephB

JosephB Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    E92 M3
    Anyone ever changed from an Eisenmann race to a modded stock exhaust?

At first I thought I could live with the drone but at 2K its quite intrusive. During test drives it didn't bother me by cruising at 50-60 in 6th its quite noticeable now and I can see it wearing thin now I'm using the car more. Its shame as at every other rev point it sound brilliant!

Does a modded stock exhaust have the same drone at all? Anyone tried both? I can listen to clips on youtube all day but they don't really give you a full picture so owners opinions would be great :thumbsup:

I'm initially thinking the 2 pipe mod sounds about right for me.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  2. 15 Jun 2018 at 1:08 AM #2
    Deep pan

Deep pan Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    E90 Lci 6MT
    Colour Combo:
    Alpine white, that old chestnut interior.
    Ive no experience of your exhaust, but i 'd rule out 2.5 definitely.
    I went from 2.5/2.75 Which was way too loud down to (approx) 1.5/1.75 and that suits me fine. No drone, louder than stock, some days I want it a bit louder, others I'm glad it's no louder. Lol. A bit indecisive I know!

3. 15 Jun 2018 at 7:53 AM #3
    JosephB

Your Motor:
    E92 M3

From Youtube the 2.5 seems a bit too much. As above I think the 2 will work well for me.

The Eisenmann is great and isn't too loud at all. Its just the 2K drone I can't be doing with. Heck I'm considering a complete stock exhaust as well!

4. 15 Jun 2018 at 9:12 AM #4
    JonnieD

JonnieD Wearing official underwear

Your Motor:
    M3 E92
    Colour Combo:
    Santorini blue / black leather

Just a thought on this.

I think that every exhaust on our cars will have increased output at 2,000 rpm. I read that from one of the BMW M engineers on the S65 that there's a natural engine "resonance" at 2K revs so that's the cause. That means every exhaust will do it to a greater or lesser extent, depending on how loud it is overall.

My Milltek is slightly louder at 2K than it is at any other revs, but its easy to drive it either below or above 2k. Can you just not do that?!

An Eisenmann exhaust is a much nicer system than a modded standard one any day, its a nice exhaust!

5. 15 Jun 2018 at 9:36 AM #5
    JosephB

Your Motor:
    E92 M3
    Not bad idea, I'll give it a go in 5th rather than 6th. I love the sound at every other rev range bar the one I cruise at on my local commute.

I've got a Europe trip planned later this year so just ironing out any niggles that would grate on a very long drive.

6. 15 Jun 2018 at 9:55 AM #6
    Scutch

Scutch Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    2012 Japan Red E92 M3 | 2008 UR Megane R26
    Colour Combo:
    Japan Red/Black
    I've got the Eisenmann, and don't find it intrusive at all. One of the best features of the car, IMO.

All subjective, of course.

EDIT: Actually, think mine might be the Sport version, not the Race.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  7. 15 Jun 2018 at 11:07 AM #7
    JonnieD

JonnieD Wearing official underwear

Your Motor:
    M3 E92
    Colour Combo:
    Santorini blue / black leather
    Yes give it a go, you might end up regretting the hassle of changing it otherwise!

Euro trip sounds good, I'm sure you'll find plenty of tunnels to show off that exhaust.

BTW, nice colour, I think that suits the E92 really well! I'd have bought red as my next option to a Santorini blue one.

Cheers, Jonathan

8. 15 Jun 2018 at 2:23 PM #8
    JosephB

Your Motor:
    E92 M3
    Interesting. Wonder if the sport provides 90% of the eisenmann sound without the bad drone because on full song its an amazing sound!

Cheers, very true :thumbsup:

Santorini Blue is stunning too. Rare to find one for sale though. All I knew is I didn't want a plain colour. Cheesy as it sounds I wanted it to shout a bit :D

9. 16 Jun 2018 at 1:20 PM #9
    uni11

uni11 Wearing official underwear

Your Motor:
    E92 m3
    Colour Combo:
    M/W + carbon
    I’ve had a eisenmann race on my car and for me it was too obnoxious and the drone at cruising speeds round the narrow streets of London was too much for me, I then got pcw to do me a mod between a 2-2.5 which I must say is much better. If I had to do it all again I think this time round I would definitely go with a 2 pipe mod this time. But as it has been said before sound is so subjective that it’s best to get out there and find someone local who has them on their car to have a listen..... YouTube vids do these exhausts no justice. :thumbsup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)