Eonon BMW E46 Stereo thread

Discussion in 'E46 M3 (2001-2006)' started by EononAudio, Jul 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. 9 Aug 2012 at 2:18 PM #261
    oo7tk

oo7tk Wearing official robes

Your Motor:
    2008 E92 M3
    Colour Combo:
    SilverStone II
    Quick question for ye

When you are playing music through Bluetooth does your volume work on your steering wheel??? Its the only time the Volume button on the steering wheel does not work??

And also is it possible to choose between artist while playing through bluetooth??

Cheers

2. 9 Aug 2012 at 3:04 PM #262
    LooneyLeon

LooneyLeon Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    2002 BMW M3
    Colour Combo:
    Met Steel Grey / Black Nappa
    Hmmmmm haven't tried that yet, are you hooking up your i phone/ipod via bluetooth?

I've made phone calls via bluetooth on it and the volume on the steering wheel works if i remember correctly.

3. 9 Aug 2012 at 3:24 PM #263
    oo7tk

Your Motor:
    2008 E92 M3
    Colour Combo:
    SilverStone II
    Yea i just have my iphome charger in the glovebox as the lead is not long enough to go anywhere else really so im just playing my music through the bluetooth and the volume on the wheel wont work??

I dont really mind about switching artist but it would just be handy..

Is there any headunit that you can integrate your iphone with and the album covers and evreything will come up?? Now that would be cool...

4. 9 Aug 2012 at 3:36 PM #264
    LooneyLeon

Your Motor:
    2002 BMW M3
    Colour Combo:
    I dont even have a iphone/ipod, but ive found a sweet place to put the iphone lead that comes with the EONON.

1) Bascially put the EONON ipod lead out of the right hand side of where the headunit goes, route the wire underneath the steering column (you can just pull down on the trim below the steering column, then click back in after you've routed the cable).

2) Then remove the coin/box which is under the drivers fan (You just need to take out 4 Phillips screws)

3) You will notice that where the pull clip goes on the coin box to lock it theres just enough room to put the EONON ipod connector through. (The coin box still closes with the cable in :D)

4) Screw the coin box back in.

Now you've got a great place thats out of sight and has a soft finish so your ipod wont get scratched :thumbsup:

I really need to upload some of these sodding pictures I've got.....Just havent got the time at the mo.

Also it would make sense to run a 50cm male to female USB lead into the coin box from the back of the EONON unit, you can then easily pop in and out your USB pen, save using the the little usb connector on the front of the EONON and your USB pen/stick will also be out of sight.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  5. 9 Aug 2012 at 4:07 PM #265
    oo7tk

Your Motor:
    2008 E92 M3
    Colour Combo:
    SilverStone II

Perfect thank you this would be very handy... Hope your gettin a better discount than us for all this after sales work!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

6. 9 Aug 2012 at 4:13 PM #266
    LooneyLeon

Your Motor:
    2002 BMW M3
    Colour Combo:
    I wish, yeah I could be their UK agent, I could offer a fitted service as well lol :thumbsup:

hmmmmmm there's a thought........

7. 9 Aug 2012 at 4:24 PM #267
    oo7tk

Your Motor:
    2008 E92 M3
    Colour Combo:
    SilverStone II
    Well i can safely say i would have been lost without you, the after sales with Eonon is a joke.. Its something they will really have to work on, i know there in a different timezone but 1 message a day is just not good enough in my opinion...

This is what makes sites like a site like this so good!!!

8. 9 Aug 2012 at 4:45 PM #268
    LooneyLeon

Your Motor:
    2002 BMW M3
    Colour Combo:
    Cheers.......

To be fair I would have been stuffed without Bleah's help, as I couldn't get the sound to work, he's a top lad :thumbsup:

I wonder if you can get support from their office in Tipton?

I guess it's tricky as they're based in HK and Carlos will have to relay a lot of the questions back to his tech team before getting some accurate info to pass on.

I'm actuallty very happy with the whole thing, I think ordering on a tuesday and getting it on the Thursday was a good start to be fair. Ok so the plug and play bit for me was a bit of a nightmare, but other than that and taking into account what we paid for it all, i'm still happy.....

9. 9 Aug 2012 at 4:48 PM #269
    Bleah

Bleah Wearing official robes

Your Motor:
    E46 M3, E92 335d, Harley Davidson 1250 bobber and a 500cc moped that does 110mph ;)

:muttley:

10. 10 Aug 2012 at 9:11 AM #270
    EononAudio

EononAudio On the path

Your Motor:
    2008 BMW E90
    We have a phone No. for you to call our customer service, here it is: 1-818-3568356
    But please notice that, the customer service is also working in Hong Kong time, that is 1:00 am- 10:00 am in your London time. Thanks!

i Leon, it's my pleasure to help! And glad to hear you have worked it out! Thanks for your complement. Smart guy & quick learner! :thumbsup:

Hi oo7tk, so happy to hear you have finally work the digital TV & iphone connection out! No sweet without sweat! :roflmao:

Master Leon, now since Olympics is on the go, we should also grant you a Golden Medal for the great support provided here! :D Useful and timely! :thumbsup:I believe you could hit big sales volume if you have the chance to become our reseller/agent and installer in the UK.

If you really have the interest to do it, please just PM me, cheers! ;)

Hi oo7tk, as I've confirmed with our tech, the volume in any mode can be controlled via the volume buttons of your steering wheel, including bluetooth music mode. Since it's a master level control. That's why Leon found it can work.
    In your case, maybe the bluetooth music is transmitted with less sound, so that it's not so obvious when you adjust the volume. Please turn up your mobile phone to the max volume, and change to another mobile phone to have a try. Thanks! ;)

About choosing between artist while playing bluetooth music, it's impossible to realize, since the A2DP can only transmit audio sound. Hope you can understand. Anyway, thanks a lot for your advice as Leon has mentioned, I'll reflect it to our R&D in the future.

Hi Leon, really appreciate your kind understanding! You're totally right. You know some other sponsored forums also need to be handled everyday. So time is a bit limited for me here, but I'll try my best, you guys are special & awesome here! And your help is very valuable! :thumbsup:

Leon, we should say millions of thanks for everything you do here voluntarily! And Bleah, you're the behind-the-scenes hero too! :thumbsup: Thanks a lot for your great effort, and thanks a lot for every other member who care about Eonon! Cheers!:beer:

Have a blast in the weekend soon! :D

11. 10 Aug 2012 at 1:20 PM #271
    KeithS

KeithS Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    2010 E90 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Alpine White/ Fox Red
    Update to my Satnav issues!

Thanks to Carlos for the help in sorting the problem which turned out to be an activation code!
    All working well now will be having a play with it over the next couple of days! :peace:

Quick question how has everyone stuck their GPS antenna in position?

12. 10 Aug 2012 at 1:57 PM #272
    LooneyLeon

Your Motor:
    2002 BMW M3
    Colour Combo:
    I've stuck mine up by the Rear View Mirror using the velcro that was supplied.

I took the glove box out, and fed the wire over the top of the fuse box, and tucked the wire in behind the front left window pillar, and into the roof lining.

13. 10 Aug 2012 at 3:47 PM #273
    TitanE46

TitanE46 On the path

Your Motor:
    2002 E46
    Colour Combo:
    Titan silver/Grey leather
    I am thinking of going for the eonon unit and need a aircon relocator panel, Iv'e been told there are two types 16mm and 18mm
    I only have the DSC button on the panel, can anyone help with which one i would need or how I can find out thanks.

14. 10 Aug 2012 at 4:52 PM #274
    KeithS

KeithS Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    2010 E90 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Alpine White/ Fox Red
    I used the velcro to fix the canbus in place behing the headunit.:rolleyes:

15. 11 Aug 2012 at 10:06 AM #275
    LooneyLeon

Your Motor:
    2002 BMW M3
    Colour Combo:
    Yeah to be fair i should have prob done that. Mines just tucked in under the stereo, will get some more velcro and do it.

Incidentally I get through miles of velcro with my RC hobby, Cheapest place ive found it and good quality is Dunelm, go to there Fabric section.

16. 11 Aug 2012 at 2:17 PM #276
    LooneyLeon

Your Motor:
    2002 BMW M3
    Colour Combo:
    Ok a few pics that I took along the way, they should hopefully be in some sort of order.

Because I had the OEM BMW TV/Sat Nav I had to do the following, if you don't have the OEM TV then your install will be a lot simpler because the BMW Harness you plug the EONON supplied harness into is already in the front of the car (mine was in the back connected to the BMW Professional Radio), I basically did the following:-

1) Extended the EONON supplied Harness by 5 Metres, (if you have the digital tv unit at this point you might as well extend the infa red cable to its about 6 metres long)
    1.1) Once made test this in the boot with the D5113 just to make sure it works.
    1.2) If you've got the Digital TV unit the two antennas are amplified so yo uneed to wire these into a switched power supply, i put the antenna's red wires to the BIG red wire on the EONON supplied harness (as this is a switched live, and the black antenna wires to the BIG black on on the EONON harness.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2) Once extended make sure you plug the blue (AMP CTRL is connect to ANT) Otherwise if you have HK you won't get any sound
    [​IMG]

3) Take off the passenger door sill trim first.
    [​IMG]

4) Take out the bottom rear seat, the side seat support (the bit the seal belt goes on), the rear door panel (undo the two star screws in the rear door arm rest).
    There's also what looks like a piece of white polystyrene that is in the bottom corner by where the passenger seat belt is anchored to the floor (remove this with a 7mm socket)

[​IMG]

5) Take out the glove box 7 Phillips screws easy (Disconnect the Torch power plug and the glove box light plug (you won't miss them))
    5.1) Take off the the curved shaped black plastic foot trim in the front left foot well (it connects to the door sill trim you took off in step 3)
    [​IMG]

6) As you can see I've already taken out the satnav unit, I will find a link on how to do this and paste in here.
    [​IMG]

7) Now feed your nice newly extended harness all the way to the back, start from this end.
    Note If you are putting in the Digital TV unit also and want to mount this in the boot then run a 5 metre Video cable and a 5 metre set of Stereo Phono leads with the harness also.
    I also ran a 4 Metre FM/AM radio aerial extension to the boot from the head unit.
    I'm planning on putting in a reversing camera at some point so I ran 2 extra phono's also.
    [​IMG]

7.1) I put the GPS antenna as shown, just tucked the wires in under the ceiling trim and down the passenger window support and put the wire where the harness is shown back into the head unit.
    [​IMG]

8) Feed the harness as shown here
    [​IMG]

9) I fed the harness under this plastic bit
    [​IMG]

10) Now tuck down under the carpet
    [​IMG]

11) Follow the original harness
    [​IMG]

12) This isn't shown on this but just follow the original harness and go into the boot through the hole bmw were kind enough to make for the original harness.
    [​IMG]

13) The new extended harness is now in the boot, all you have to do is connect it to the original bmw female harness that came out of the BMW Professional Radio unit.
    [​IMG]

14) At this point your nice new EONON 5113 should all be working. The next is in case you have purchased the digital TV also.
    As you can see I mounted it using M5 20mm bolts, its screwed in the holes where the 6 Disc Multi-changer and Satnav used to be, it fits like a glove and seemed like an obvious place to put it, you could prob find a better place, if you do please let me know.

Thinking about it if you haven't had to extend the harness you might as well put this up the front by the head unit otherwise you will have to run extension lead (Video, L+R audio to the front)

Anyway assuming you had the OEM TV and you have followed all the steps so far you need to now just connect everything up. The next few pics show where and how I routed the antenna's and where I places the Infa Red Receiver.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15) I used double sided sticky tape and fixed the USB female port on top of what I think is the BMW Phone unit??? If you have the USB stick in you can pause/record live TV etc coooooool
    [​IMG]

16) I removed the rear parcel shelf HK speakers and fed the TV Antenna wires through and then tucked the wire in the window trim.
    [​IMG]

17) I put one Antenna Vertically ( I know you can see the wire but this is still not a 100% perm install, but it's good enough for now)
    [​IMG]

18) And the other horizontally under the Rear Brake Light
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19) I then placed the TV Infa Red Receiver as shown and followed my new harness back into the boot (the wire goes along next to the GPS wire as described above)
    [​IMG]

20) I ran the IPod wire as shown under the Steering wheel and into the Coin/whateveritis box, you just need to unscrew 4 Phillips screws. I'm planning on running a Male to Female USB wire into this location also as you can plug this into one of the two USB slots in the back of the D5113. (This will save using the mini usb to USB plug in the front of the unit)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21) As you can see in the boot it's all hidden away
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22) Jobs a good un as they say lol
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23) Oh and obviously put everything back in the reserve order lol

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  17. 11 Aug 2012 at 2:47 PM #277
    oo7tk

Your Motor:
    2008 E92 M3
    Colour Combo:
    SilverStone II
    Brillant write up fair play, love the placement of your iphone charger..:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

18. 11 Aug 2012 at 4:19 PM #278
    Bowens BMW

Bowens BMW A mere Chipper

Your Motor:
    BMW 320cd
    For those who have it installed, how have you found conversations using hands free via bluetooth? Quiet or unclear?

19. 11 Aug 2012 at 7:47 PM #279
    flatfish

flatfish Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    M3 E92
    Colour Combo:
    Jerez/Black
    That must be a pain getting that out when you want a smoke? :confused:

20. 11 Aug 2012 at 9:18 PM #280
    simon1

simon1 On the path

Your Motor:
    Integrale Evo 2 and 52 M3 Black
    Colour Combo:
    E46 M3 BLACK / BLACK
    Just ordered one tonight, can't wait to get it fitted!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)