ACB

On the path
Oct 4, 2019
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2013 E93 M3
Colour Combo
Azurite Black on Champagne
Hey guys, I have a Samsung s21 which I can connect via Bluetooth to my e9x (2013), it streams audio just fine, incl song name, artist info on screen. I can also make / receive call from my phone - but in the idrive telephone menu, it doesn't load my contacts or call history, it says 'plesse connect a device', even though the phone is connected...
Anyone experienced this before/any thoughts? I'm pretty sure it all used to work fine and I checked I had the latest Mx/tx software when I got the car...

suraj

A Chosen One!
Staff member
Mar 7, 2007
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Not an M3 :(
Just for fault finding, have you tried a different phone to see if that works?

ACB

On the path
Oct 4, 2019
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2013 E93 M3
Colour Combo
Azurite Black on Champagne
thanks - so I did, and no success
however just came back from dealer and they connected their phone fine - after which mine also fixed itself! Weird, after a few months of not really working

suraj

A Chosen One!
Staff member
Mar 7, 2007
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Not an M3 :(
thanks - so I did, and no success
however just came back from dealer and they connected their phone fine - after which mine also fixed itself! Weird, after a few months of not really working
Bluetooth is buggy at the best of times. Usually doing a full reset e.g. pulling the battery, waiting a while (capacitance etc) then rebooting solves the issue. Same story for sketchy WiFi connections.

Users who are viewing this thread