E92 M3 sale - help

Discussion in 'E90 Saloon / E92 Coupe / E93 Convertible M3 (2008-2013)' started by Gr4eme, Jun 22, 2019.

1. 22 Jun 2019 at 8:39 AM #1
    Gr4eme

Gr4eme A mere Chipper

Your Motor:
    E92 M3
    Hi - new member here, have browsed the forum from time to time. I’ve had my E92 M3 for approx 3 yrs and am trying to sell it with no joy. So I’m turning to you guys for some help. I’ve tried AT, PH and eBay. From what I can gather it’s either a tough time to sell and these cars can take a while, or simply my car is overpriced? I haven’t had the usual low ball offers or funny phone calls.

Can I have an honest opinion please from you guys. It’s been very well looked after, full main dealer service history garaged etc and a good colour combo.

[​IMG]

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201906058700594

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  2. 22 Jun 2019 at 8:50 AM #2
    grdaniel

grdaniel Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    E92 M3 Monte Carlo
    Although a rare colour combo (particularly interior) i think it may appeal to a smaller market than the more common stuff available. Price is not bad if the condition is excellent, but towards the high side for the mileage. It’s a tough market right now mate, if your happy to be patient then stick it out. If you want to move it soon you may need to give people a bargain.

MarkRF likes this.
  3. 22 Jun 2019 at 9:00 AM #3
    Gr4eme

Gr4eme A mere Chipper

Your Motor:
    E92 M3
    Thanks for the quick response, that’s helped put my mind at ease, don’t need a quick sale but would like to shift during the summer.

4. 22 Jun 2019 at 9:07 AM #4
    Kezbo

Kezbo Wearing official robes

Your Motor:
    57 M3 Coupe
    Colour Combo:
    Melbourne red
    I quite like the colour combo especially the seats, but not the beige dash part - personal preference. However, if I was in the market, I wouldn't call up about this car becasue of the state of the drivers seat bolster - it looks really grubby. I'd suggest giving the seat a good clean and retake the interior Photos.

M2Nel likes this.
  5. 22 Jun 2019 at 9:20 AM #5
    Dcdad43

Dcdad43 Rocking a new hat

Your Motor:
    E92 M3
    As grd, the price is a little high compared to others similar age/mileage.
    Second photo through the driver's door doesn't show the front seats in a great light. I know BMW leather isn't the greatest but with the leather colour in your car they look worse than they probably are. It might be worth giving them some attention.
    The advert doesn't capture attention, not too sure what to suggest but IMHO needs to be a bit more exciting, you are selling a high performance sports coupe with a V8 and flappy paddle dct, not a old Mondeo!
    Yes the market is tough so you car needs to stand out and be competitively priced to get that one genuine buyer to be the next owner.
    All the best with the sale, these cars really are the last of the NA supercoupes/supersaloons. We need to buy and enjoy driving them now while we still can.

6. 22 Jun 2019 at 9:23 AM #6
    Smuler

Smuler Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    2004 E46 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Black and red
    Ruby black is stunning, I've had it. You've captured the color really well, great exterior shots. And a well written ad.
    But I agree with Kezbo, scroll onto picture 2 and the seat looks a mess. Really off putting.
    £20k I think is high for a private sale at over 70k miles. Lower mileage BMW Approved cars are £21-£22 and they come with warranty which would cover the buyer for at least 12 months for the key (potential) issues of actuators and rod bearing.

7. 22 Jun 2019 at 9:53 AM #7
    Gr4eme

Gr4eme A mere Chipper

Your Motor:
    E92 M3
    Thanks for all the replies, the drivers seat bolster is a bit worn, in fact just checking the pics and I think it looks worse in the ad! Will get it brushed /cleaned up and repost.
    Funny thing car ads, if I saw one that was ‘shouty’ about the performance V8 F1 style flappy paddle 0-60 blah blah blah Supercar killer, I’d be put off thinking it has been thrashed. But I’m taking on board the comments price wise, we all think our cars are worth more, but considering what I paid 3yrs ago and the miles I’ve put on it 11k I couldn’t let it go for less than £19.5 wouldn’t be worth selling. I did buy from a main dealer with the warranty etc and it’s needed nothing, yes I paid a price for that and when comparing to other private sales, yes it’s at the top end and it will naturally take longer but I think it’s priced reasonably ok. Glad I bought the M3 and not the C63 AMG looking at those prices they have really tumbled and it wasn’t (apart from the engine) anything that special when compared to M3.

8. 22 Jun 2019 at 10:58 AM #8
    Davebmw

Davebmw Rocking a new hat

Your Motor:
    2013 E92 M3 comp pack individual
    Colour Combo:
    Moonstone/Black
    Lovey car gd luck with the sale Ruby is my favourite black..
    However I feel the price it’s a little on the high side,18.5k to 19.5k I think would spark more interest.

EDC + competition pack are what seem to demand most money also the market seems slow currently
    Gd luck I’m sure if you hold out the buyer will come along

9. 22 Jun 2019 at 1:32 PM #9
    Retromlc

Retromlc Wearing official robes

Your Motor:
    BMW M3 APLINE edt E92
    Colour Combo:
    White with a few carbon accents interior black/white trimmed
    Nice outside, interior is not my choice and as said strong money, I bought my car with 65 k and plenty of carbon from a MD with 2 yr warranty for £20k, 6 months ago, great cars that I think will come back into favour the older they get NA V8 are never coming back and people will always fancy one

10. 22 Jun 2019 at 1:58 PM #10
    Jordon

Jordon A mere Chipper

Your Motor:
    2010 m3
    Honest opinion here... It's price what's holding you back from finding a buyer.

Lovely car, lovely condition, but it's strong money with no guarantee (like a warranty)... I think come down a little bit on asking price and expect a few offers around 17-18k eventually..

I myself have found myself in the market for an e92 and I am ready to buy... this one's not the colours I'm after, but hopefully I can give sound advice as I'm sat here with money for the right car

11. 22 Jun 2019 at 3:06 PM #11
    RS Grant

RS Grant Wearing official underwear

Your Motor:
    M3 Comp Pack
    Colour Combo:
    Space Grey with Extended Red Leather
    I’ll be constructive and please don’t take this as a harsh post, just an honest opinion and unbiased/unconnected pair of eyes.

- Your price is strong for the miles and if you only have £500 wiggle room then you may struggle to sell the car.

- The lack of warranty is hurting you at the money you’re asking. Could it be worth reinstating the BMW Warranty on a monthly basis to give the new owner some peace of mind because they can continue it or not?

- Colour combination is great, very rare and it’s good to be different IMO... otherwise you fall into the sea of white/black/silverstone with black leather and compete with far more cars.

- Leather colour is good, but it looks to need attention on the drivers seat... possibly more than a clean too. That colour of interior is great, but doesn’t hide wear, blemishes or marks at all.

- Your pictures are good enough quality, but I always prefer to see (some) pictures which look to have been taken on a drive with nice/different scenery etc.. indicates someone who enjoys showing off their car and sharing photos of it. Yours look like you’ve decided to give it a quick wash before writing your autotrader advert.

- I always use tyre shine on black cars when taking photos, otherwise the tyres let the car down (IMO) and you can’t get away with dirty/matt grey tyres like you can on other colours.

- I am into paperwork and enjoy knowing how much invoicing and history a car comes with, if possible then photos of the history folder(s) is great too.

Like I say, don’t take what I say personally or like I’m being a dick.. it’s just a quick reply about where I would sharpen up the car/advert to help get the car sold. :thumbsup:

Mikeb1984 and Keith like this.
  12. 22 Jun 2019 at 3:49 PM #12
    rs3

rs3 On the path

Your Motor:
    Rs3 VW Amarok
    As others have said. Get the seat sorted. Quick, easy and cheap.

A set of comp pack wheels would help too.

13. 22 Jun 2019 at 4:54 PM #13
    alpinaman

alpinaman Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    500 bhp+
    It has a lot going for it...

But if i was looking the downsides would be....

You can see it needs paint correction just off the pics..
    Seats need sorting..

History...
    The picture shows that its due brake fluid and engine oil change soon ( im sure it stacks the the list in order of repair).

£20k with 70k miles with money to spend is a big ask.. Personally i think you should look around the £18k mark if you want to shift the car.

M2Nel likes this.
  14. 22 Jun 2019 at 9:40 PM #14
    boba fett

boba fett Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    N/A
    I won't beat about the bush - It is to expensive for the miles, and you really need to try and get your seats up better. They look worn out and if I was in the market for a sub 20k V8 I would take one look and Click back !!

tej and M2Nel like this.
  15. 22 Jun 2019 at 11:06 PM #15
    Concave

Concave A mere Chipper

Your Motor:
    2012 BMW M3 Individual
    Light interiors really can be an acquired taste, I personally love the contrast but another factor is maintence. You really need to be on top of your game when it comes to keeping the leather clean. I have exactly the same colour interior on my e92 and have noticed you start to see an almost yellow undertone once it starts to get dirty rather than creamy colour it should be...

[​IMG]IMG_1545 by Azurite Black

The colour combo is rare but definitely needs some attention to bring it back to its former glory, exterior included. I would start there first then adjust the price accordingly.

16. 23 Jun 2019 at 12:48 PM #16
    adymi16

adymi16 Wearing official underwear

Your Motor:
    e92 m3
    These cars are so mileage senstive. 70k miles is alot. Its a great colour, late model but the mileage means its a £17.5k car imo :(. Not want you want to hear but if you want it sold thats what it will take. Even at that price a lot of people will want lower miles, so its a very small market for the car. I'd get the seat sorted professionally , get the paint corrected and keep it :)

17. 23 Jun 2019 at 2:22 PM #17
    CarpeDiem

CarpeDiem Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    Nothing
    It’s probably about 2k too much and looks tired - steering wheel, drivers seat etc.

18. 24 Jun 2019 at 8:56 AM #18
    gauravM3

gauravM3 Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    2009 E90 M3
    Are you in a position to just keep the car? I bought my e90 m3 approximately 3 years ago and it’s very high spec and under 60k. Was thinking of changing this year but nothing really appeals to me plus e9x m3s have taken a bit of a hit this year it seems. With your mileage people start wanting actuators to be done and also question rod bearing change as well.

I’ve decided to keep mine for a little longer as that v8 just sings to me every time I open the sunroof in this nice weather!

19. 24 Jun 2019 at 9:14 AM #19
    alexlex85

alexlex85 Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    E46 M3 coupe manual. M3 EVO S54 coupe manual. E92 M3 DCT
    Colour Combo:
    Carbon black, Imola red. Atlantis Blue,Black extended leather.Alpine White, fox extended leather
    Difficult one to be honest. Its a fairly desirable car if you ask me. I bet that seat only needs a clean.
    Id say try to get some professional pictures and add to your advert any work carried out eg throttle actuators, oil services etc.
    Ultimately its a black 61 DCT with extended leather. whats not to like?!

20. 24 Jun 2019 at 1:39 PM #20
    tej

tej Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    2007 e92 M3 , Melbourne Red , 6MT
    It sounds like a 70k car advertised at the £20k mark? and its Black.

That wouldn't even show up in a search as most people will filter out 50k+ mile cars at the £20k mark. Maybe personal opinion but, I discounted most black cars unless they were super cheap. Not a great colour on the M3, hides the arches/bonnet bulge and carbon roof. Just looks like a standard cooking model tbh.

Cars need to be cheap or low miles and pristine for anyone to consider the £570 tax bracket imho.

Sorry to be harsh.

CarpeDiem likes this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)