E92 M3 DCT questions

DukeM3

A mere Chipper
Apr 11, 2022
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2010 E92 M3
Hello people!

Couple questions on the DCT gearbox, which I have.

I've owned the car for around 2 months, and bloody love it. It's currently on 93k miles so creeping up.

I was looking into getting the gearbox mapped, but I believe it has it. With the tell tail signs of being in D2 and remembering which gearbox mode you were previously in when in manual. Plus the down shifts are ferocious, with the up shifts pretty severe too, with wheels spinning upto 4th gear change.

BUT I'm worried this is doing damage to the car, as when I down shift for rev matching, it pushes the car forward under breaking, kind of a jerk forward sensation.

Is this normal? Or is this a sign of the DCT wearing out to the limit of destruction?

Maybe an oil change would fix it?

Or maybe a better map on the DCT?

Food for thought would be great and/or if anyone else has had a similar situation?

Or if this is normal for a DCT gearbox when downshifting!

Thank you!

holdon

Wearing official underwear
Aug 31, 2021
Reaction score
What're you driving?
E92 M3
Some cars have the GTS map as dealers would do them alongside an ECU update if you had a friendly service advisor, could be the case of your car.

If you're spinning up in 4th I think you need better tires, it's not a very torquey car after all.

The DCT is a very strong gearbox, you can only really eat the clutches by going overboard on Torque, like a tuned S63 for example. The DCT should definitely be serviced, if yours has never been serviced then that it something you should get done, I don't think it will solve what you're describing but should be done anyway.

As for map choices, afaik all the sellers pretty much use the same GTS map. There have been rumours that these sellers/tuners change parameters but for the most part is untrue.

Best thing we can wish for is xHP coming to the E9X M3 platform. Very good results and choice on the non-M3 E9X and F8X platforms.

dbryder

Wearing official robes
Apr 11, 2010
Reaction score
What're you driving?
E92 M3
Colour Combo
AW / FR
Starting in D2 is normal for European cars.
Easiest way to tell you have the GTS map is to shift into reverse, if it’s instant it’s GTS (likely given you have S memory)
GTS map in D/S3 and above has pretty aggressive rev matching on downshifts, totally normal and you shouldn’t feel it in D2.

The GTS has an extra cooler, but if you never track your car I can’t see the GTS map really hurting, some say clutch wear will be reduced as the shifts are faster and don’t slur as much, debatable but possible.

Lynas

A mere Chipper
Dec 17, 2021
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2004 E46 M3, 2012 E92 M3
Colour Combo
Silver Black / Silverstone Blue Fox Red
Best thing we can wish for is xHP coming to the E9X M3 platform. Very good results and choice on the non-M3 E9X and F8X platforms.
I asked and they’re not planning support by sound of it

“Laura (RBT TUNING GMBH)

Aug 4, 2022, 09:09 GMT+2

Hello,

unfortunately we doesnt support the m3 e9x

BR”

Users who are viewing this thread