E90 or any e90 non M B12 kit vs H&R Cup kit

Discussion in '1 Series, 2 Series, 3 Series, 4 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series and 8 Series' started by mpow3r, Aug 29, 2018.

1. 29 Aug 2018 at 2:14 PM #1
    mpow3r

mpow3r Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    Le Mans E90 335d
    Colour Combo:
    Lemans Blue/Grey (ugh)
    Been thinking of changing suspension soon but wanted to do a bit of research first as I don't want anything too slammed or stiff for our roads. Options so far are:

Bilstein B8 dampers with OEM Springs or AC Schnitzer springs

B12 kit which is the B8 dampers and Eibach springs

Or the H&R touring Cup kit which is H&R springs and their specific dampers as one kit. (H&R have a sport kit but this is way too low for me)

Does anyone have experience with any of the above on e9x platform? What is the ride like on crappy UK roads?
    Is there any bottoming out?
    Is the ride too bouncy at all or too stiff for our roads?

Also, I've read and seen vids that some trim the bump stop on the B8 damper (mostly in the States), this involves opening the front B8 damper from the bottom (as its an upside down monotube) and cutting the bump stop almost in half. Has anyone done this or felt the need to do this due to less damper travel?

I have only had the B12 kit once and that was on a E34. It was brilliant on that and I never felt the need to trim any bump stops or anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)