E46 M3 Remap Dyno Graphs

Discussion in 'M3Carbon1' started by M3CARBON1, May 6, 2018.

1. 6 May 2018 at 10:02 AM #1
    M3CARBON1

M3CARBON1 Achieved official socks Sponsor

Hey Guys,

Thought I would share a dyno graph from a car running 330 BHP standard and this was the end result with a stage 3 remap! :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

I thought It would also be a good idea to post a before and after of Alpha N mapping and CSL airbox conversion :) As you can see again really good gains. A little rich on AFR due to the engine getting very hot and ecu using extra fuel to cool. Gain of 33 BHP, the MAF was dead and running an AFR of 14.0 originally, but was on the end of the scale in terms of where the power is made so still was ok, should be around 13.0 on a stock car.

[​IMG]

Also another Alpha N graph (sorry about the quality) will make sure customers are sending me clearer pics :) This was on a 118k engine!

[​IMG]

And last but certainly not least, good result from the CSL Airbox Conversion running CSL software, here is the video of the pull on the dyno! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjywG66o_UU

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  2. 6 May 2018 at 10:25 AM #2
    schooner32

schooner32 Achieved official socks

Thats nice!

I desperately want to get my car live mapped over a dyno session. Running a ttfs tune at the moment I believe. B

3. 6 May 2018 at 11:10 AM #3
    M3CARBON1

There is really no need to be honest to do that mate, a good mapper can map the car without a dyno or the road, but they are rare,

Its just the way these cars work and how well you know the ECU.

4. 10 May 2018 at 8:47 AM #4
    billyboym3

billyboym3 Achieved official socks

Heres mine, I went to Mike for him to map, fit Geoff Steel Airbox, CSL snorkel with working flap. Car has supersprint cats, OEM centre pipe and Supersprint lightweight race back box, evo pulleys.

We checked air and fuel. A week after I booked into my local guys that I trust to check everything is ok before a track day. I told them dont rev it high just make sure its all good.

Because they only use the dyno for race cars they work with whats at the wheels.

302hp it made.

[​IMG]BMW M3 E46 Clubsport by BS, on Flickr

[​IMG]BMW M3 E46 Clubsport by BS, on Flickr

5. 13 May 2018 at 7:09 AM #5
    M3CARBON1

For a wheel figure that is strong! about 356 at the flyhweel.. Nice :D

Have you got any videos of the run? That is only at 7300 RPM also, at 8100-200 that would of made even more. The power curve is very smooth as well.

Have you got the air fuel for the runs mate?

Thanks

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  6. 1 Jun 2018 at 12:17 PM #6
    kurtstem

kurtstem A mere CHipper

Hi there

Very interesting!

Are these power figures flywheel or RW power figures please ? .... I recently bought a fellow cutters car and he had it on the dyno last year at Surrey rolling road and achieved 320bhp with evolve venturi intake, supersprint rear silencer and evolve CSL rev match MAP, car has done over 150k and was said to be running slightly lean

I am plannning a GSr carbon plenum and one of your maps on my SMG car, can I expect a 20bhp+ increase assuming fuelling etc spot on ?

Thanks and all advice appreciated

Kind regards Gav

7. 3 Jun 2018 at 5:35 PM #7
    M3CARBON1

Most are flywheel figures but there is one graph on the wheels which is the 302 graph.

Yes you can indeed. Make sure you have the valve clearances done as well as this can decrease your final power output.