E46 M3 pre purchase inspection

SHINDS71

On the path
Dec 16, 2015
Reaction score
What're you driving?
nissan gtr mercedes 190 cosworth
Thought you were going to buy it but were waiting on the other lead you had ?

What mileage discrepancy ?
not paying 98k for a car that is not correct ,can you imagine trying to sell on in the future with the mileage issue????

Nomad of UK

On the path
Mar 30, 2021
Reaction score
What're you driving?
M3 saloon
not paying 98k for a car that is not correct ,can you imagine trying to sell on in the future with the mileage issue????
You made the right decision…not rushed into the deal by letting your heart over rule your head ( Mr Norris at ML has a PHD in bullshite with his selling pitch when selling cars and 95% of fools fall for his this and later realise the car has problems and Mr Norris is all of a sudden more busier than Boris to return your calls or fix the car at his cost )
just wait for the right car to come up for sale with no mileage discrepancy and the seller allows you to have the car inspected by anyone of your choice because a honest seller has nothing to hide and knows his car is on the money and the car is as described in his/her advert and no porkies have been told in it

If am looking to buy a certain make , model of car , I join the forum on that model and I attend car events with that model on show and engage with car owners and put the word out am looking to buy and more likely it’s sooner rather than later I have purchased the right car within my budget from a great honest seller

Good look in your search

Last edited:

pony

Flexing a golden cincture
Jun 18, 2010
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2006 BMW M3 CS Coupe; 1987 325i SPORT; 2000 FACELIFT 750iL
Colour Combo
Carbon Black Metallic Paint ; Black Nappa Leather
Your old CS had this issue which you got corrected due to right paperwork.

R60BBA

Jun 25, 2018
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2002 E46 M3 Coupe / 2004 Mini Cooper S
Colour Combo
Carbon Schwarz / Dark Silver
Some fools on here will still disagree with you and say you are a liar and have a personal agenda against Munich Legends and it’s owner , staff etc etc

Nothing better than cold hard facts served with a cold dish !!!!
Everyone has different experiences I guess.

Not everything they did was bad, and pricing was reasonable.

However, my main grip with them is that they did not torque my front diff bolt properly after replacing a rear lower arm which resulted in the bolt popping out of the thread whilst I was driving (luckily it was at low speed and so no major damage) but they did not own up to their error and it wasn’t until a forum member pointed out to me what had happened that I realised.

They also damaged the paint on my door after replacing a faulty door lock actuator, although they agreed to correct the paint free of charge (after some pushback) they gave me attitude about it (as if they were doing me a favour).

I think my final straw with them was when after the differential fiasco my car started to make a weird noise upon take up of drive. I raised this with them, but they told me the noise was normal (even though I pointed out to them that the car never made the noise before). In response they told me they could fix it by replacing the diff and prop (££££) or put up with it…a few months later when I had the boot floor reinforced by AutoTorque, they replaced the propshaft guibo and UJ which resulted in the noise going away…

So yeah not the best experience. I believe they used to do good work back in the day but have since lived off the name…

pony

Jun 18, 2010
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2006 BMW M3 CS Coupe; 1987 325i SPORT; 2000 FACELIFT 750iL
Colour Combo
Carbon Black Metallic Paint ; Black Nappa Leather
Everyone has different experiences I guess.

Not everything they did was bad, and pricing was reasonable.

However, my main grip with them is that they did not torque my front diff bolt properly after replacing a rear lower arm which resulted in the bolt popping out of the thread whilst I was driving (luckily it was at low speed and so no major damage) but they did not own up to their error and it wasn’t until a forum member pointed out to me what had happened that I realised.

They also damaged the paint on my door after replacing a faulty door lock actuator, although they agreed to correct the paint free of charge (after some pushback) they gave me attitude about it (as if they were doing me a favour).

I think my final straw with them was when after the differential fiasco my car started to make a weird noise upon take up of drive. I raised this with them, but they told me the noise was normal (even though I pointed out to them that the car never made the noise before). In response they told me they could fix it by replacing the diff and prop (££££) or put up with it…a few months later when I had the boot floor reinforced by AutoTorque, they replaced the propshaft guibo and UJ which resulted in the noise going away…

So yeah not the best experience. I believe they used to do good work back in the day but have since lived off the name…
Nomad should just come clean with his story. Anyone can post things on the internet saying this and that. If you have real evidence go to authorities instead of whinging on here. If you don’t then carry on.

Last edited:

SHINDS71

On the path
Dec 16, 2015
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Your old CS had this issue which you got corrected due to right paperwork.
yes it did i done that myself as a private individual surely dealer should have done that before putting car up for sale??

SHINDS71

On the path
Dec 16, 2015
Reaction score
What're you driving?
You made the right decision…not rushed into the deal by letting your heart over rule your head ( Mr Norris at ML has a PHD in bullshite with his selling pitch when selling cars and 95% of fools fall for his this and later realise the car has problems and Mr Norris is all of a sudden more busier than Boris to return your calls or fix the car at his cost )
just wait for the right car to come up for sale with no mileage discrepancy and the seller allows you to have the car inspected by anyone of your choice because a honest seller has nothing to hide and knows his car is on the money and the car is as described in his/her advert and no porkies have been told in it

If am looking to buy a certain make , model of car , I join the forum on that model and I attend car events with that model on show and engage with car owners and put the word out am looking to buy and more likely it’s sooner rather than later I have purchased the right car within my budget from a great honest seller

Good look in your search
yes nomad it is a bit off putting some of peoples experiences on hear.as i said will wait for the right car to come along

Docf

On the path
Feb 27, 2018
Reaction score
What're you driving?
BMW E46 M3
Colour Combo
Silver Grey/ Black
I've been waiting on information from Dan for a while too, can't even get the reg no. For the car off him!!

There's too many red flags to carry on pursuing the car tbh...they do seem to be trading off past glories and expect buyers to take their word for stuff because it's Munich legends.

Rags

Wearing official crakows
Jun 29, 2010
Reaction score
What're you driving?
CSL Z3M 996TT M3CS C63
I had an issue with ML in the past and will refrain from commenting for fear of being threatened

Nomad of UK

On the path
Mar 30, 2021
Reaction score
What're you driving?
M3 saloon
Nomad should just come clean with his story. Anyone can post things on the internet saying this and that. If you have real evidence go to authorities instead of whinging on here. If you don’t then carry on.
I Will say and do what I want on forums …
if car owners read my comments about ML and how other. Bmw owners have been ripped off by them
, they will save a lot of money, headache and not lose their hard earned money to a professional who has a PHD in bull ****e selling cars at ML !!!
I prefer to take certain individuals advice on here about ML ,
over your personal opinion about them PONY!! !!!

Last edited:

Nomad of UK

On the path
Mar 30, 2021
Reaction score
What're you driving?
M3 saloon
I've been waiting on information from Dan for a while too, can't even get the reg no. For the car off him!!

There's too many red flags to carry on pursuing the car tbh...they do seem to be trading off past glories and expect buyers to take their word for stuff because it's Munich legends.
You are finally seeing the light with Dan and ML …
Red flags mean buyer beware !!!!!

Nomad of UK

On the path
Mar 30, 2021
Reaction score
What're you driving?
M3 saloon
I had an issue with ML in the past and will refrain from commenting for fear of being threatened
Who is going to threaten you ???

You are free to say and do what you like

On a professional and personal level , I think

Mr Dan Norris and ML can kiss pony rear end !!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread