E46 M3 Hardtop Help

Discussion in 'Faults, Fixes and Solutions' started by BimmerMThree, Dec 28, 2019.

1. 22 Mar 2020 at 5:56 PM #41
    monkeyboy

monkeyboy Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    2004 E46 M3 convertible, manual, Laguna Seca Blue
    Colour Combo:
    Laguna Seca blue paint with matching Laguna Seca blue leather
    the rest of system Is std other than eisenmann, as I hate it too loud and I love the rasp.
    agree with the hard top on they look mega and with the top down too, actually look their worst with the soft top up lol.
    Best of both worlds having a hard top for the crappy weather.

BimmerMThree likes this.
  2. 24 Mar 2020 at 11:50 PM #42
    Dcutters

Dcutters On the path

Your Motor:
    2004 E46 M3 manual, convertible/ BMW S1000RR 2015 trackbike
    Colour Combo:
    Carbon black/black
    My oil has still not arrived, but the weather has been so nice and sunny I thought I'd remove the hardtop regardless, and y'know wow, I am genuinely so pleased I did, because the car is so much
    more responsive. Now, what with the comparative empty roads, (they are empty), I'm like feeding on the gas down these little urban streets, and it's exciting, and the sounds, the exhaust I can now
    appreciate fully, and I'm pleased with what I did there. So I'm happy, and enjoying the whole roof off experience, and the car is driving tight, and I almost feel justified in spending the considerable
    money and hours,greasy hands, and all the rest that I've put into it over the last couple of years. Now if I'm not careful I'm probably going to break it, and be at a miserable low again hahahaha.

BimmerMThree likes this.
  3. 25 Mar 2020 at 7:06 AM #43
    monkeyboy

Your Motor:
    Colour Combo:
    It deffo changes the driving experience, I think the ‘car feeling more responsive’ is a bit of a placebo effect due to you hearing the engine noise more and we associate that with speed/power as I kinda get that feeling too. The hard top is bulky but not heavy enough to make a marked/measurable increase I would have though.
    Now you just need to get yourself the eventuri off the sale page on here and your be amazed at the sound with the roof up or down :beer:

BimmerMThree likes this.
  4. 30 Mar 2020 at 2:59 PM #44
    BimmerMThree

BimmerMThree A mere Chipper

Your Motor:
    M3 Vert
    Does the Eventuri make a big difference?

Also can you run it without a map. Im not into messing with maps but ive read that with certain upgrades you have to get the car remapped?

5. 30 Mar 2020 at 3:01 PM #45
    BimmerMThree

BimmerMThree A mere Chipper

Your Motor:
    M3 Vert
    I havent had my E46 long and now with the lockdown im missing out on some good weather to have the top down.

Hard top is currently on and the car is just sitting :(

Cant wait to experience some top down fun. Saving up for an exhaust but I think the standard sound will be able to put a smile of my face.

monkeyboy likes this.
  6. 30 Mar 2020 at 3:21 PM #46
    monkeyboy

Your Motor:
    Colour Combo:
    yes it does make a difference it runs straight out the box with no map, and you can immediately feel the car is more Rev happy and free. Obviously to get the best out of any mod like that you need a map but I ran mine for about 6 months without one.
    i would recommend one to anybody you get a lot more induction noise over std. and a more responsive car.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)