Connected Drive Sale

T5Pilot

Underwear thermally upgraded
Reaction score
What're you driving?
F82 M4CP & S1000XR
Colour Combo
Black Sapphire / Sakhir Orange / Carbon
So, you have ConnectedDrive showing in your iDrive but it shows Not Connected?

If so, I had this issue recently on 04/11/2021 - not sure if it's the same but it might help. I got in touch with BMW Connected Drive support who said the following:

Unfortunately there was an outage our Technical Team have reported that this has now been rectified. Can I firstly recommend carrying out the following trouble shooting steps in your BMW iDrive which should refresh this information in your BMW:

·In the main menu press “BMW ConnectedDrive”.
·Press the “Option” button on your centre console.
·Please then select “Update BMW Services” on the screen.
·Please wait until “Data Transfer Successful” is displayed on screen before clicking “Ok”.
·Please then allow up to 24 hours for changes to take place before testing this again.
After doing that, it’s also worth checking the car is actually logged in with your username. It sometimes disconnects itself.

YMBF80

Flexing a golden cincture
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2018 6MT F80 M3
Colour Combo
Yas Marina Blue / Silverstone
After doing that, it’s also worth checking the car is actually logged in with your username. It sometimes disconnects itself.

Yes, this too! I'll edit my original post to add it in.

Trick97

Achieved official socks
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2018 M4 CP LCI
Colour Combo
Sakhir orange, silverstone
With mine i didnt check if i was still logged in, but once I selected update online services it did take a few mins for items to appear such as news and weather (hence the wait 24 hours comment i guess!)

Zarakoff

Wearing official crakows
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Bmw m4 convertible competition
I just had a email for the cyber sale
I don’t use my car often but Apple car play at £185 instead of £265 isn’t bad
Is this for lifetime apple car play ?

marrow

Flexing a golden cincture
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2003 m3 vert
Does this pack include map updates ? Is it over the air or usb update ?

Zarakoff

Wearing official crakows
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Bmw m4 convertible competition
So you need to purchase what you want through your my bmw app so once purchase it will know if your car is able to use what you’ve ordered
Yes CarPlay is then for ever (I just rang and spoke to them )
There are issues however with the store that they are sorting out ,
Hopefully no rain this weekend so the covers can come off to test the CarPlay out

JaseG

On the path
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2017 F83 Comp Pack DCT w/ MPE Carbon
Colour Combo
Silverstone / Black
Just looked and noted that my Deezer account in the car has not extended by a year, nor is there an option to do so even though I have paid for the renewal. Looks like I will have to wait for it to expire next Tuesday before I can renew it.
The weather and news options are working fine, after been out of subscription for a couple months. But, then I go to Connected Drive - ConnectedDrive Store, it says that the function is no longer available in this vehicle, even after pressing 'Update'

Hopz121

Underwear thermally upgraded
Reaction score
What're you driving?
BMW E46 M3 Coupe Manual, E90 330i SE, F31 318d M Sport & Clio 172 Cup
Colour Combo
Silver Grey M3 with Red Leather, Blue 330i, Silver F31 & Blue 172
Just looked and noted that my Deezer account in the car has not extended by a year, nor is there an option to do so even though I have paid for the renewal. Looks like I will have to wait for it to expire next Tuesday before I can renew it.
The weather and news options are working fine, after been out of subscription for a couple months. But, then I go to Connected Drive - ConnectedDrive Store, it says that the function is no longer available in this vehicle, even after pressing 'Update'

When it expires you can use the online entertainment voucher which you can buy now by clicking on it in the store. When it has expired click on online entertainment and it will let you renew in the car instantly by logging in again. I had to do this today.

JaseG

On the path
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2017 F83 Comp Pack DCT w/ MPE Carbon
Colour Combo
Silverstone / Black
When it expires you can use the online entertainment voucher which you can buy now by clicking on it in the store. When it has expired click on online entertainment and it will let you renew in the car instantly by logging in again. I had to do this today.
Thanks.
Last year it ended 2 weeks early for some reason. I was just expecting to be able to activate it now so it was a seamless event.

Fas1975

On the path
Reaction score
What're you driving?
F82 M4
Colour Combo
Mineral White / Sakhir
So, you have ConnectedDrive showing in your iDrive but it shows Not Connected?

If so, I had this issue recently on 04/11/2021 - not sure if it's the same but it might help. I got in touch with BMW Connected Drive support who said the following:

Unfortunately there was an outage our Technical Team have reported that this has now been rectified. Can I firstly recommend carrying out the following trouble shooting steps in your BMW iDrive which should refresh this information in your BMW:

·In the main menu press “BMW ConnectedDrive”.
·Press the “Option” button on your centre console.
·Please then select “Update BMW Services” on the screen.
·Please wait until “Data Transfer Successful” is displayed on screen before clicking “Ok”.
·Please then allow up to 24 hours for changes to take place before testing this again.

Also double check that your Connected Drive in the car is logged in. The above method could log you out.

finally got around to doing this last night and worked perfectly. I genuinely didn't even realise I had an option button. I mean, I know it's there in the centre tunnel, but never pressed it :D

Sounds stupid but seeing the weather icon working in the idrive screen makes it "complete". Thanks again YMBF80, top input which is appreciated

chanlon27

On the path
Reaction score
What're you driving?
F80 M3 Comp
Colour Combo
Alpine White/ Black
Sounds stupid but seeing the weather icon working in the idrive screen makes it "complete". Thanks again YMBF80, top input which is appreciated

Same here. I never even knew there was the option for weather to appear. All I need now is to have the ability to rearrange the six tiles on the screen.

Fas1975

On the path
Reaction score
What're you driving?
F82 M4
Colour Combo
Mineral White / Sakhir
Same here. I never even knew there was the option for weather to appear. All I need now is to have the ability to rearrange the six tiles on the screen.

That's easy :)

chanlon27

On the path
Reaction score
What're you driving?
F80 M3 Comp
Colour Combo
Alpine White/ Black
Got it done. Simple once you know how!

Users who are viewing this thread