chrisgreen

Wearing official crakows
Dec 23, 2015
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2013 e92 m3
Colour Combo
Space grey/fox red
Car needed new front tyres - they were the original pilot sports from 2013 and perished sidewalls. Rears were fine and recently changed (MPSS). With man maths at it's finest I thought rather than spend £300 on a new set of front tyres why not pick a whole set of OEM 219s from @jonniec wrapped in nearly new federal 595-RS pro. Quick trip to andover in my trusty steed the e46 330d touring and they were cleaned and in my garage ready to be put on in the spring.

Untitled by Christopher Green, on Flickr

I forgot to take a picture of the e46 fully loaded up but where do i start with this car - easily the best car i've ever owned. I could write a whole thread on how good it is! power, torque, comfort, space, looks, and yes... reliable!

Car as it sits now - tucked away for winter - although I do drive it once every two weeks or so. I took the spacers off as I need new front discs as was getting a vibration when they were hot which I think the spacers were exaggerating. i'll put them back on once brakes fitted.

chrisgreen

Wearing official crakows
Dec 23, 2015
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2013 e92 m3
Colour Combo
Space grey/fox red
last TD of the year @ donnington again. my first wet/cold track day - don't think it got above 5 degrees all day and trying to find the grip was certainly interesting. still good fun and certainly less harsh on the car! look forward to the spring and getting my federals on along with new discs.

donington december 2 by Christopher Green, on Flickr

donington december 1 by Christopher Green, on Flickr

dibbles00

Wearing official underwear
Jun 28, 2018
Reaction score
What're you driving?
1998 E36 s50 swap
Colour Combo
Blue/Black
last TD of the year @ donnington again. my first wet/cold track day - don't think it got above 5 degrees all day and trying to find the grip was certainly interesting. still good fun and certainly less harsh on the car! look forward to the spring and getting my federals on along with new discs.

donington december 2 by Christopher Green, on Flickr

donington december 1 by Christopher Green, on Flickr
DSC_7543.JPG
Lovely M3! I saw you there flying around! Car sounded great! I was there too in mine. Was meaning to pop over for a gander, but was too busy enjoying the day... What a great day! Maybe I'll see you at the next one.

chrisgreen

Wearing official crakows
Dec 23, 2015
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2013 e92 m3
Colour Combo
Space grey/fox red
View attachment 13272
Lovely M3! I saw you there flying around! Car sounded great! I was there too in mine. Was meaning to pop over for a gander, but was too busy enjoying the day... What a great day! Maybe I'll see you at the next one.
Ah yea you should have come say hello. Remember seeing your e36 there - you were quick! i couldn’t find any grip on that first corner!

dibbles00

Wearing official underwear
Jun 28, 2018
Reaction score
What're you driving?
1998 E36 s50 swap
Colour Combo
Blue/Black
Next time for sure! I've found that the drizzle makes Donington super greasy! Furthermore, it was properly cold that day, which didn't help with tyre temps...

I know what you mean, Redgate is a difficult corner in those conditions and it's always best to stick off the fastest line to find the grip.

Main thing is we're out there getting the seat time and having fun!! Plus it's best to learn in those conditions imo.

Deffo try and get on one together this year! Maybe able to get a few of us together...

Ah yea you should have come say hello. Remember seeing your e36 there - you were quick! i couldn’t find any grip on that first corner!

grchmason

Wearing official crakows
Jan 27, 2010
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Phoenix Yellow E46 M3 Coupe
Colour Combo
Phoenix Yellow / Kiwi
M3 is looking stunning Chris!

Looks so at home on the track :beer:

chrisgreen

Wearing official crakows
Dec 23, 2015
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2013 e92 m3
Colour Combo
Space grey/fox red
Next time for sure! I've found that the drizzle makes Donington super greasy! Furthermore, it was properly cold that day, which didn't help with tyre temps...

I know what you mean, Redgate is a difficult corner in those conditions and it's always best to stick off the fastest line to find the grip.

Main thing is we're out there getting the seat time and having fun!! Plus it's best to learn in those conditions imo.

Deffo try and get on one together this year! Maybe able to get a few of us together...

Only got one booked so far- Coombe on 20th May but potentially Bedford on the 11th June. not sure i'll do donington again this year - keen to try some new ones. Although everything is miles away from Bristol!

Users who are viewing this thread