Casual drive out

shuebc

On the path
Feb 5, 2015
Reaction score
What're you driving?
M2 OG Manual
Hey all, so there doesn’t seem to be much going on at mo, in terms drives out locally in and around the outskirts of Manchester.

just wondering if theres much interest in regular drives out say every 3-4 weeks, something quite casual in the range of a 60-120 minute drives, (probably usual roads that most mancunians might know) but limited to smaller numbers 3-6 cars (large convoys always seem to split up and i find sometimes removes the fun out of it.)

would people be interested, and would people prefer a drive out (say 60 minutes, a coffee stop, and then 60 minutes back)

or would people prefer a drive out to some sort of eatery and then upto each individual whether they do their own route back, and carry on as somewhere else.

anyone interested let me know, would be looking to do a first trial run around a months time, if not sooner.

or do people prefer a more full on drive starting local and going further outfield?

shuebc

On the path
Feb 5, 2015
Reaction score
What're you driving?
M2 OG Manual
Thinking either on 21st or 28th August (Sunday).
Some rough details, currently in planning stage.
Drive starting around Oldham / Ashton under-Lyne dependant on route.
Heading through Saddleworth / Marsden Moors etc OR north of peak district area.
Exact route will post in a couple of weeks if there's much interest
Thinking around 120 minute total drive time

shuebc

On the path
Feb 5, 2015
Reaction score
What're you driving?
M2 OG Manual
If anyones interested in tagging along for a casual drive out this weekend on Sunday morning for a couple of hours, starting just outside shaw, let me know. I have route in mind - thinking of 10am start from one of the pub car parks in shaw.

Will share more details if anyones interested.

Users who are viewing this thread