Carbon Black E46 M3, Manual, 118,000 miles. £11,750

Discussion in 'Cars for sale' started by Rob043, Oct 11, 2018.

1. 11 Oct 2018 at 2:07 PM #1
    Rob043

Rob043 Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    E46 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Carbon Black/Imola Red
    [​IMG]

For Sale, Carbon Black E46 M3, Manual, 2005 facelift model, 118,000 miles. £11,500

Well optioned with heated red seats, Harmon Kardon audio upgrade navigation, digital TV and Bluetooth Phone prep (cradle supplied). No power fold mirrors, sunroof or rear blind. 18 inch M3 wheels, which are almost the only modification as the car came with 19’s. Brake pads and wheels are the only modifications, and the wheels hardly count.

The car’s full story with me can be seen on my project thread here:

http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=141049

(Most of the pictures don't seem to be showing. I edited it after photobucket went awol, and now it seems postimage is playing up after I had to adjust those links once too- so i’m sorry but i’ll not fix it this time)

I bought it over 3 years ago and have loved it dearly. I’m now getting the notion growing that i’d like to try the next generation M3 and can’t afford that without selling this so I’m having to get around my sentiment to keep it!

Condition should be very good compared to a lot of cars and especially given the milage, i’ll attempt to demonstrate this in the pictures and description of work done below in order to justify the asking price. It comes with a full stamped service history booklet as well as my ring binder of my receipts, and a printed copy of the build thread, I also have an original brochure to go with it.

I expect finding the right enthusiast buyer wont be a quick process, so I’ll see how that goes. The car is in Dumfries South West Scotland, but I would probably be happy to travel a bit for a viewing, as I like going out in it! Below is a list of work over my 3 years with the car in the order I remember them, as can be seen from the build thread, all parts used are from BMW or OEM supplier parts:

Vanos system fully refurbished with seals, rattle kit, re-drilled disc, hub bolts, chain guide.

Head Gasket replaced as preventative work, as it turned out.

Rear two subframe mount points injected with the BMW resin. No cracking visible, and no failed spot welds. Panel checked and corrosion cleaned and painted with POR 15.

New genuine front wings with heli taped inner lips to prevent liners rubbing through paint.

Front discs are less than a year old. Rear discs are less than two years old.
    Performance Friction pads front and rear (well regarded upgrade alternative, not a track pad)

Interior arm rest removed because it clashed with my elbow on gear changes. New centre console fitted to suit.

Interior is in great condition, only minor marks present to distinguish from new. Excellent drivers bolster, all leather looking very nice.

Airbag recalls done.

Anti roll bars, V brace and other underside parts powered coated.

Rear arch inner lips cleaned out and rust protected with POR 15.

Various new suspension bushes including anti roll bar bushes and links, front wishbone, rear trailing arm bushes and rear lower ball joints.

Rear View mirror glass upgraded to prevent the failure there.
    New side mirror glasses.

Paint is machine polished, sealed and waxed. Polishing isn't to a full correction standard, but has removed most light swirls. As a result the paint looks great mostly.

Front bumper is stone chipped and would benefit from painting. Other areas pretty good for milage with some other road debris marking to lower sills and bottom of rear arches, as you get will miles. No scuffs on bumper corners.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tires all round. Fronts are very healthy, rears are getting low now (so rear tires and bumper painting are your haggling points) ;)

18’’ wheels refurbished in shadow chrome. One front wheel has a chip so far.

All brake callipers repainted black with new bleed nipples.

New gear lever/knob and main pivot bushing

Last three oil changes at 5000 mile intervals.

CPV valve seal, chain guide seals replaced, no oil leaks. Or any other leaks.

New headlight lenses, indicators and bonnet badge to freshen up the front.

New OE Sachs dampers on all corners, less than two years old, along with the new bushes it has the car rides superbly.

Rear springs replaced with Sachs. These are thicker than BMW ones at the ends so hopefully wont break like them. OE spec height and spring rate.

Geometry/Alignment set to factory values.

All fluids are recently changed.

Corroded High Pressure PAS hose replaced.

General replacement of bolts and screws on the underbody to replace corroded items.

Garaged for three years in dry conditions to preserve the improved condition.

ABS brake pressure sensor replaced.

Thermostat replaced, new viscous fan coupling and replaced electric fan.

Headlight level sensor arms replaced.

Back box exhaust clamps and mounting rubbers replaced.

Updated differential bolts fitted.

Fuel filter replaced (not on the service schedule so often not done)

Intravee ii fitted, lots of nice extra features with this and a fairly convenient period method for listening to your music.

Book pack, full stamped service history,

Inspection 2 level service carried out 10k miles ago, so major attention isn't needed for a while.

Hopefully this gives and idea of the cars condition and shows the car as a good buy for anyone reading thats either read a lot about the typical E46 issues or had one in the past and looking for another. There can be plenty more done with the car, but it is off to a very good start and potentially free from a lot of the larger maintenance costs.

Contact Robert on 07792253953

Well done for reading enjoy some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  2. 11 Oct 2018 at 3:23 PM #2
    B Tank

B Tank Wearing official underwear

Your Motor:
    2003 M3 SMG Coupe
    Colour Combo:
    Silver Grey / Imola
    Very nice.

3. 11 Oct 2018 at 8:32 PM #3
    MrT1977

MrT1977 Wearing official robes

Your Motor:
    2005 BMW M3
    Colour Combo:
    Titan Silver/Imola Red
    Can’t believe your selling. I’ve followed your build thread and it’s a very well maintained car. Very similar to mine in spec and being a late 05 plate. Glwts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)