sdwalts

Flexing a golden cincture
Jul 12, 2013
Reaction score
What're you driving?
E93 M3 DCT Vert
Colour Combo
Snoopy
I noticed today that when manually downshifting the car no longer Rev matches/blips. I’ve got it set to S5 on the M Drive and all the other good stuff but still no blip. I haven’t changed any settings for months so it’s weird why it’s suddenly done this.
It’s a DCT if you hand’t guessed by now!
Has anyone experienced the same problem?

sdwalts

Jul 12, 2013
Reaction score
What're you driving?
E93 M3 DCT Vert
Colour Combo
Snoopy
Has no one had a similar problem? I have had the GTS update done about a year ago.

GeeMan

Wearing official underwear
Dec 6, 2017
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2009 E92 M3 Dct
Colour Combo
Sparkling Graphite / black leather
I've not had this issue myself, but maybe check the fluid level in the DCT box, i'm sure i've heard somewhere this was the first sign it's running low of fluid.

Helmsman

Wearing official crakows
Mar 22, 2014
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2011 BMW M3 E90 Comp Pack DCT
Colour Combo
Alpine White, Black Novillo
OP, you recon S5 setting is still there, you feel that from the jolt when shifting up?

sdwalts

Jul 12, 2013
Reaction score
What're you driving?
E93 M3 DCT Vert
Colour Combo
Snoopy
OP, you recon S5 setting is still there, you feel that from the jolt when shifting up?

S5 is definitely there. The car feels the same just a pathetic downshift which is annoying. Maybe it’s forgotten the GTS settings?!

makavelli

Wearing official crakows
Mar 25, 2016
Reaction score
What're you driving?
LCI E92 M3 DCT Mineral White/Fox Red & Porsche Cayenne White/Cognac
S5 is definitely there. The car feels the same just a pathetic downshift which is annoying. Maybe it’s forgotten the GTS settings?!

Should blip on downshifts with the normal software anyway. Try turning the M button on and try again.

Dcdad43

Wearing official crakows
Mar 14, 2016
Reaction score
What're you driving?
E92 M3
Sometimes the blip can be pretty subtle even on 5 if you are not in full send.

Dcdad43

Wearing official crakows
Mar 14, 2016
Reaction score
What're you driving?
E92 M3
Sometimes the blip can be pretty subtle even on 5 if you are not in full send.

RR16

A mere Chipper
Nov 6, 2021
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2011 E93 M3 DCT
Colour Combo
Mineral White
I noticed today that when manually downshifting the car no longer Rev matches/blips. I’ve got it set to S5 on the M Drive and all the other good stuff but still no blip. I haven’t changed any settings for months so it’s weird why it’s suddenly done this.
Did you ever get a resolution for this, my E93 DCT has started doing the same ?

sdwalts

Jul 12, 2013
Reaction score
What're you driving?
E93 M3 DCT Vert
Colour Combo
Snoopy
Did you ever get a resolution for this, my E93 DCT has started doing the same ?

Wow! This is an old thread! From memory I think it was me expecting down shifts even when the car was at very low rpm. Probably being a bit too expectant?!
What are the symptoms with yours? Are you getting nothing at all?

RR16

A mere Chipper
Nov 6, 2021
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2011 E93 M3 DCT
Colour Combo
Mineral White
Wow! This is an old thread! From memory I think it was me expecting down shifts even when the car was at very low rpm. Probably being a bit too expectant?!
What are the symptoms with yours? Are you getting nothing at all?
A few months ago it seemed as far as I can tell to stop rev matching on downshifts-I am sure it used to to do it even at lower rpms and was more pronounced when in M mode- it made quite a noise going from 3 to 2 in M mode- now in M mode it is there but very much muted and only in higher rev bands -not in M mode can’t seem to get anything unless high rev bands and still muted then .Maybe this is how they are meant to be but I am sure it was different.I am not brilliantly mechanically proficient but wondered whether it could be something with the engine software that has fallen out of tune so to speak - alternatively the lovely induction noise does seem quieter and maybe I am not hearing it - can the induction inlets get blocked and reduce the sound maybe.
Many thanks for replying to old thread - sorry new to this and realised perhaps should have started new one but was casting around in the old forums for any info there could be.
I am based in West Sussex north of Chichester and wondered if anyone knew a good independent garage who could have a look and see whether it is doing this or whether it is perfectly normal and I am just old and forgetful!

sdwalts

Jul 12, 2013
Reaction score
What're you driving?
E93 M3 DCT Vert
Colour Combo
Snoopy
A few months ago it seemed as far as I can tell to stop rev matching on downshifts-I am sure it used to to do it even at lower rpms and was more pronounced when in M mode- it made quite a noise going from 3 to 2 in M mode- now in M mode it is there but very much muted and only in higher rev bands -not in M mode can’t seem to get anything unless high rev bands and still muted then .Maybe this is how they are meant to be but I am sure it was different.I am not brilliantly mechanically proficient but wondered whether it could be something with the engine software that has fallen out of tune so to speak - alternatively the lovely induction noise does seem quieter and maybe I am not hearing it - can the induction inlets get blocked and reduce the sound maybe.
Many thanks for replying to old thread - sorry new to this and realised perhaps should have started new one but was casting around in the old forums for any info there could be.
I am based in West Sussex north of Chichester and wondered if anyone knew a good independent garage who could have a look and see whether it is doing this or whether it is perfectly normal and I am just old and forgetful!

I’m pretty sure the Cutter who coded the GTS software onto my car was from Portsmouth or Southampton way. I’ll see if I can find his details for you.

sdwalts

Jul 12, 2013
Reaction score
What're you driving?
E93 M3 DCT Vert
Colour Combo
Snoopy
His username is Litany. Drop him a message and see if he can help.

BIGTIME

Wearing official crakows
Feb 28, 2012
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2012 M3
Colour Combo
Mineral White
I often drive mine in auto mode with the gearbox on 2nd setting for days on end when going to and from work. Then if I decide to give it a bit and put in manual setting 5 on the gearbox it takes a few downshifts/mins until it starts barking on the downshifts. Not sure if you do this but I just assumed it was the ECU learning/adjusting to your driving style.

RR16

A mere Chipper
Nov 6, 2021
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2011 E93 M3 DCT
Colour Combo
Mineral White

RR16

A mere Chipper
Nov 6, 2021
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2011 E93 M3 DCT
Colour Combo
Mineral White
I often drive mine in auto mode with the gearbox on 2nd setting for days on end when going to and from work. Then if I decide to give it a bit and put in manual setting 5 on the gearbox it takes a few downshifts/mins until it starts barking on the downshifts. Not sure if you do this but I just assumed it was the ECU learning/adjusting to your driving style.
Many thanks as well-I will give this a try -driving to work is in auto fairly gently and I will try longer in m mode on S5 for longer periods to see if something can reset.

Users who are viewing this thread