IanB

Flexing a golden cincture
Apr 20, 2010
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2005 M3 CS Manual
Colour Combo
Interlagos Blue / Black
there are so many cowboys around and shortcuts - even plating if not done right can cause serious corrosion issues. best to use the right products in the case of the boot floor cavity fill.
That was my main concern with welding plates on, so rather than risk corrosion I epoxied them.

Chady

Wearing official crakows
Jul 1, 2016
Reaction score
What're you driving?
csl
Colour Combo
Sg
cheers bud, seems straightfwd, lets see if i can get hold of the stuff now...
If you get some let us know cost and suppliers. Possibly worth having in my track build

diddyp

A mere Chipper
Jan 2, 2020
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2003 M3 SMG
Brammer UK/Rubix have indicated that they can get hold of a carton of 12 x 175ml pieces from Germany for £648 excl. VAT

IanB

Flexing a golden cincture
Apr 20, 2010
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2005 M3 CS Manual
Colour Combo
Interlagos Blue / Black
Brammer UK/Rubix have indicated that they can get hold of a carton of 12 x 175ml pieces from Germany for £648 excl. VAT
Not cheap, your Klium link was cheaper, what did it used to cost from BMW? Also I think the BMW ones were larger cartridges. edit just read your previous post and you state they are smaller :)

Are you thinking of using the Teroson on your car? have you or do you have plans for any other reinforcement or bracing?

diddyp

A mere Chipper
Jan 2, 2020
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2003 M3 SMG
Not cheap, your Klium link was cheaper, what did it used to cost from BMW? Also I think the BMW ones were larger cartridges. edit just read your previous post and you state they are smaller :)

Are you thinking of using the Teroson on your car? have you or do you have plans for any other reinforcement or bracing?
Yep not cheap at all and you're right, the BMW ones were larger. I read somewhere that there is an audi equivalant part (also terocore 1401) - I need to find the part number for it.

I was thinking of doing the teroson only, no other bracing - as Redish have shown, cars with properly applied teroson are fine in terms of longevity. I also hardly use the car and also worry about long term corrosion with plating, the underside is already in good nick, just needs a good undersealing for even more longevity.

I have another dilemma however, I feel like selling up! thats the subject of another thread altogether I suppose.

Czechboy

Wearing official underwear
Mar 8, 2013
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2003 e46 M3 6MT
Colour Combo
Steel Grey / Imola Red
It used to cost £300 for BMW to do the repair. That’s material and labour

jabba

Underwear thermally upgraded
Feb 5, 2010
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2003 pheonix yellow E46 m3 manual 2003 phoenix yellow e46 m3 SMG
I dont get how some people can say that foam isn't a good fix

Redish have proved that foam is a more than substantial fix if you cars not already cracked....
(Obviously if your cars driven really hard or tracked than you will probably have to carry out further precautions)

But plates and foam.... are more then enough for a car that's not driven really hard

I think unless your cars hammered every single time it's used.... cutting your floor to bits and welding loads of metal in there adding braces left right and centre is massive over kill .

Mines got resin and plates and thats more than enough

Users who are viewing this thread