Audi RS3 - Best Deal

Discussion in 'Other Marques' started by lindorez, Jul 18, 2018.

1. 2 Aug 2018 at 7:26 AM #21
    lindorez

lindorez Wearing official robes

Your Motor:
    BMW F82 M4 ZCP
    Agree with this, my first year of M4 ownership was depressing until I sorted all the rattles.

One major issue I found in the RS3 was the seating position.
    I'm 6'1 and my head was almost touching the roof at lowest in the super sport seats. I just felt I was looking out the top of the windscreen. I don't have that with the M4. Worth the test drive of the RS3 if you fancy one, was a great car just not for me.

2. 2 Aug 2018 at 8:39 PM #22
    C1CDG

C1CDG Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    SMB M4CS with CCB’s
    Interesting what you say about seating position, and something I will look out for. I know these are meant to be properly fast but how would you say it compared to the M3/4.. In my head it will feel ultimately quicker due to sheer traction but I’m hoping it feels nimble and agile on a B road.

I’d love to place a factory order in my own spec but sadly due to WLTP it would be well into next year now.. it’s alresdy a shame that the Facelift model loses the cracks and bangs of the 367hp version.

3. 2 Aug 2018 at 9:38 PM #23
    lindorez

lindorez Wearing official robes

Your Motor:
    BMW F82 M4 ZCP
    I test drove in slight wet and I could floor the RS3 no problem from standstill. It's a different driving experience to the M4 and I did not feel as entertained by it. I've been in rear wheel drive for about 10 years so I did expect this.

I only took it down a short country road and it felt nimble, its very "easy" to drive.

Size was a problem for me and as I said seating position.

Its difficult as my M4 has an MPE so I think sounds much better than the stock RS3. I can't remember what it was like without it but probably worse than the RS3 if you compare stock via stock.

Looks they are neck and neck, completely different but both great in their own way.

I wanted to love it but didn't. I thought the RS5 was a better proposition but for me the extra cost was not worth it over the M4. I had a bad experience with the dealer as well which didn't help the matter.

4. 3 Aug 2018 at 12:26 AM #24
    Edrx7

Edrx7 On the path

Your Motor:
    ‘18 M3 CP INDIVIDUAL
    Coming from the new rs3 to a M3 comp I can testify to More road presence in the M car for sure.... you can easily make an s3\ A3 look like the rs3........ not so easy in an M.....

Anyone car drive the rs3 quickly........ not so easy in the M

Take your pick

I did

5. 3 Aug 2018 at 1:54 AM #25
    Penetrator

Penetrator Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    In Limbo

The PFL was proper Chavy the way it popped and banged etc, the FL does do it but not as ASBO. Mines had the PCW treatment and it sounds incredible.
    The RS3 is a weapon, and is properly quick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)