Audi R8 V10+

Discussion in 'Other Marques' started by dsme, Sep 16, 2019.

1. 8 Nov 2019 at 4:17 PM #21
    sonnyb

sonnyb Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    Fully loaded F82 M4/M140i
    Colour Combo:
    Sakhir Orange and black
    No, I don't think so. I've been on road trips with many nice cars, but the v10 R8 is the only one that really appeals. Its mix of engine, tech, reliability, usability and costs make it far a better ownership proposition than anything else.
    Its possible to get a three year old low mileage facelift v10 for around £80k.
    That's much less than the equivalent v10 Huracan or Aston, which I feel would also be much more mileage sensitive.
    Aston Martin's are undoubtedly beautiful to look at, but owning one would ultimately not be as satisfying.
    The M4, even against an R8 v10, is for me is the perfect balance of speed, power and usability...it cost me less than half even a second hand R8 v10 would cost, its not an exotic or a supercar...so mileage and depreciation don't factor, and I can drive and park it in places that would stress me out if it were an exotic!
    No, for me this generation of M4 is the only car I would consider as a long term ownership proposition.
    No doubt at some point I will move to the G82, next gen...unless I am tempted by the right R8 v10...! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019 at 6:51 PM
    SimonH, MatthewM and YMBF80 like this.
  2. 9 Nov 2019 at 3:03 PM #22
    jamieuk

jamieuk On the path

Your Motor:
    e92 m3 coupe
    stunning car mate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)