[F80 / F82] Any Remus dealers on here?

Discussion in 'General maintenance, upgrades and modifications' started by gary w31, Mar 11, 2018.

1. 11 Mar 2018 at 9:30 PM #1
    gary w31

gary w31 Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    2015 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Sakhir Orange, Full black leather
    As the title says, any Remus dealers on here? Looking to possible source some tips for the race system. I've recently bought an exhaust that i've yet to get round to fitting. It came with the 98mm carbon tips. The carbon part of the tips are slightly faded. I'm looking for prices for both the 98mm tips and the 102mm carbon tips.

2. 11 Mar 2018 at 10:56 PM #2
    EAndy

EAndy Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    Magical Unicorn
    The original carbon tips had a issue with lacquer and were revised and production method changed.

I would if I was you write to Remus and send a photo and question the issue and if your lucky you might find warranty replacement of 4 new tail pipes.

3. 12 Mar 2018 at 7:41 AM #3
    gary w31

Your Motor:
    2015 M3
    Colour Combo:
    That’s exactly what’s wrong with the tips. The lacquer has faded and it’s hard to see the weave of the carbon. I’ll get some pics and fire an email off to them. Would I be better contacting Remus uk or their head office in Europe? I’m assuming I’ll need a receipt which I don’t have as the exhaust was bought second hand but I spouse it’s worth a shot anyway. Cheers :thumbsup:

In the meantime if anyone can sort me out with some prices I’d appreciate it. I did email Remus UK direct about prices but I didn’t hear anything back from them which is annoying.

4. 12 Mar 2018 at 9:26 AM #4
    EAndy

Your Motor:
    Magical Unicorn
    Mike at Motech Performance 01604 810000 might be able to help as he supplies Remus exhausts at decent prices.

This was what was stated when the chap I got my exhaust from (2nd hand) had the tips replaced.

I would message the Remus UK person first as it would appear that they'll know of this issue anyway and probably have a mechanism of returning them to Remus EU on exchange basis.

5. 13 Mar 2018 at 5:18 AM #5
    gary w31

Your Motor:
    2015 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Cheers for your help mate. It turns out Mike at Motech supplied the exhaust to the person I bought it from. I’ve sent him an email with pictures of the tips, exhaust S/N etc so I’ll see what he says. Cheers :thumbsup:

6. 13 Mar 2018 at 9:43 AM #6
    EAndy

Your Motor:
    Magical Unicorn
    No problem if it saves you £450 on tailpipes that'll be great :thumbsup: fingers crossed for you.

7. 13 Mar 2018 at 9:11 PM #7
    gary w31

Your Motor:
    2015 M3
    Colour Combo:
    Contacted Motech and got a reply from Mike. He say's its common issue when people wash their cars with harsh cleaners or cheap car washes. Remus won't honour the warranty on them. Bull**** if you ask me. If that was the case, why doesn't the lacquer on the car or wheels fade in the same way :confused:

8. 9 Apr 2018 at 4:17 PM #8
    Motechmike

Motechmike Wearing official underwear

Your Motor:
    M3
    As they dont get as hot as the Exhaust mate.. Look at most cars discs they go the same way with cheap car washes etc etc..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)