Any fellow M owners ridden there bikes to the Ring?

TheBiker

Rocking a new hat
Reaction score
What're you driving?
E46 + E92 M3 + RS Clio + JDM S2k + 748SP + RC8 + GSXR K6
Something I had planned to do with a friend last year but then the whole covid thing put a stop to that :(

Planning to go again next year but wondered if any one had any motorbike friendly accommodation to suggest? Done it a few times in the car and always fancied a few laps on 2 wheels - aware many advise against it for safety reasons..

Followed sliders guest house on FB which looked perfect but seems they sold up so looking for something similar if any one can suggest?

Thanks
James

S18PNY

Wearing official underwear
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2008 BMW M3
Few friends have loaded the bikes into a Van and taken that over.

Used to stay at Eddies in but now a house up at the Linder complex is where we always stay.

TheBiker

Rocking a new hat
Reaction score
What're you driving?

Used to stay at Eddies in but now a house up at the Linder complex is where we always stay.

The original plan was to hire a van but according to details online “transporting” a vehicle now comes with more complications than it’s worth as since we have left the EU there’s another form of insurance to purchase in the event it doesn’t come back as it’s seen as selling a vehicle for export so easier to cover the miles on the bike.

what’s the name of the place you stay at now? shall have a look online

Horico

Achieved official socks
Reaction score
What're you driving?
09 MC Edition E92
Colour Combo
Monte Carlo / Black
The original plan was to hire a van but according to details online “transporting” a vehicle now comes with more complications than it’s worth as since we have left the EU there’s another form of insurance to purchase in the event it doesn’t come back as it’s seen as selling a vehicle for export so easier to cover the miles on the bike.

what’s the name of the place you stay at now? shall have a look online

Went over in 2019 and stayed at Pension Stroof in Nurburg. Rode there and back on the bikes with an overnighter in Dover on the way out.

On the way home, left Nurburg 0800hrs and got home just before 1800hrs near Milton Keynes.

Made a few videos of the trip here:

TheBiker

Rocking a new hat
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Went over in 2019 and stayed at Pension Stroof in Nurburg. Rode there and back on the bikes with an overnighter in Dover on the way out.

On the way home, left Nurburg 0800hrs and got home just before 1800hrs near Milton Keynes.

Made a few videos of the trip here:

shall give this a watch later cheers

baldydaz

Wearing official crakows
Reaction score
What're you driving?
E92 comp
I’ve done it a few times. Ride from Manchester to hull ferry then blast to the ring. We stayed at hotel an der nordshleife last time (2019, pre COVID), was booked for last year, then this year, now booked for next year. Cannot wait to get back out there.

Horico

Achieved official socks
Reaction score
What're you driving?
09 MC Edition E92
Colour Combo
Monte Carlo / Black
shall give this a watch later cheers

Hope it gives you an idea. I used one of your videos the last few days when fitting some eibach's - thanks for putting it out there - I do enjoy your vids buddy. Nice collection of cars and bikes.

stuartk

Flexing a golden cincture
Reaction score
What're you driving?
None
Colour Combo
NA
Bloody long way to ride a bike! Take a few patches!

TheBiker

Rocking a new hat
Reaction score
What're you driving?
I’ve done it a few times. Ride from Manchester to hull ferry then blast to the ring. We stayed at hotel an der nordshleife last time (2019, pre COVID), was booked for last year, then this year, now booked for next year. Cannot wait to get back out there.

I can imagine most have been booking stuff up for when the covid stuffs a thing of the past! Your guys comments suggest there’s still some good biker b&b’s so will keep searching

Hope it gives you an idea. I used one of your videos the last few days when fitting some eibach's - thanks for putting it out there - I do enjoy your vids buddy. Nice collection of cars and bikes.

interesting with the Ferry, did wonder what would happen on choppy water so good to see they provide a strap! Also good idea with the phone mounted on the yoke for audio & sat nave, shall look into that!

glad the video helped, yea a few toys in the collection (just enjoying it all before kids will no doubt change it all haha) love yours & yours friend Ducati’s :) friend let me take his 1199 panigale out a few years, was shocked how nimble and light it felt on the road with such a power house fitted - still rotten comfort wise as my 748 lol

Bloody long way to ride a bike! Take a few patches!

Done 300 mile days to the Cotswolds and back from London so hoping this will be doable lol

Raif

Standard amice donned
Reaction score
What're you driving?
E92 M3
Yes been over there a few times 2011-2013 most times with the bikes in a van which I would recommend if you can get hold of one because it's not a particularly interesting ride to get there and if one of you comes off on the ring will be a nightmare.

Always stayed at Eddie Schumacher house lovely man and wife, let's you use his garage (and tools!) and used to take photos for us (his hobby). Location is ideal as well.

Is that Eddie Schumacher? As mentioned above stayed there many times (with the bikes and cars) fantastic people. Put up with our madness and always smiling and helpful

ttdan

Rocking a new hat
Reaction score
What're you driving?
911 GT3 RS, E92 M3, F21 M135i
Colour Combo
M3 Interlagos Blue/ Black
I did it in September 2020 in that heatwave! I’m not a seasoned bike tourer but it was one of those mad fairly last minute ideas. Having done many many 100’s of laps in cars over the last 15 years this was a box I wanted to tick. Everywhere is bike friendly I found but I stayed at the Dorint. I did my lap and one was enough for me this trip. I can’t say bikes and cars together around there makes any sense for ones longevity on the planet..I’m used to well behaved track days with a 6 point harness on :) The roads in the area are just awesome though and we spent a couple of days on ride outs around the Mosel valley which was the main idea anyway.
It’s a long ride on a naked beemer. It’s easy riding though on the motorway. You need to break it up but that happens anyway with 140 mile ish tank range. I will definitely go again, with a van or a trailer to save my rear end (too old!) and also get down to the B500 through the Black Forest, another awesome route but make sure it’s not the weekend when you go..

mattmk1

Reaction score
What're you driving?
2001 BMW M3 SMG
Colour Combo
Carbon Black / Kiwi
I guess somewhat foolishly, i rode a ducati 1198s to the ring in June 2018.

Apart from the physical agony, and the bike catching fire, and the unrelenting motorway roadworks in searing 35 degree heat, it was an awesome trip.

We stayed at landhaus sonnenhof which is 15 mins from the track and the hotel car park itself is filled with exotica.

As above, the roads in the area are superb and more enjoyable than the track itself for me. We then carried onto Baden Baden (where the ducati broke down again) and picked up the B500 which is fantastic, but to be honest i prefer the mountain passes of Switzerland/Austria.

TheBiker

Rocking a new hat
Reaction score
What're you driving?
I guess somewhat foolishly, i rode a ducati 1198s to the ring in June 2018.

Apart from the physical agony, and the bike catching fire, and the unrelenting motorway roadworks in searing 35 degree heat, it was an awesome trip.

We stayed at landhaus sonnenhof which is 15 mins from the track and the hotel car park itself is filled with exotica.

As above, the roads in the area are superb and more enjoyable than the track itself for me. We then carried onto Baden Baden (where the ducati broke down again) and picked up the B500 which is fantastic, but to be honest i prefer the mountain passes of Switzerland/Austria.

Hero on a Ducati for the comfort & reliability lol!

Any pics from the trip to share on here??

mattmk1

Reaction score
What're you driving?
2001 BMW M3 SMG
Colour Combo
Carbon Black / Kiwi
Hero on a Ducati for the comfort & reliability lol!

Any pics from the trip to share on here??

The photos from the B500 part were all on my SLR, so id need to dig them out, but i have these on the phone!

After the fire....

TheBiker

Rocking a new hat
Reaction score
What're you driving?
The photos from the B500 part were all on my SLR, so id need to dig them out, but i have these on the phone!

After the fire....

Doesn't look like to much damage from the fire? imagine it put a downer on the trip!

mattmk1

Reaction score
What're you driving?
2001 BMW M3 SMG
Colour Combo
Carbon Black / Kiwi
Doesn't look like to much damage from the fire? imagine it put a downer on the trip!

I'd only had the bike for a few months, the previous owner fitted a lithium battery, and it was the battery which went up.

Luckily someone stopped to help me, with tools in his car, so i was able to get the fairing off and limit the damage.

Worst part was it happened Sunday morning, i think there was a german bank holiday Monday, so it was late Tuesday until i could get it patched up!

Users who are viewing this thread