Any F10 love?

Discussion in 'M5 (1984-present)' started by Spyros, Oct 17, 2020.

1. 17 Oct 2020 at 11:35 PM #21
    Spyros

Spyros Achieved official socks

What're you driving?:
    F10 M5, Megane RS
    :drive1:

2. 18 Oct 2020 at 3:35 AM #22
    DNX

DNX Rocking a new hat

What're you driving?:
    F90 Sapphire Black M5 & F15 Titanium Silver X5 40D
    Colour Combo:
    F90 Black / Black, F15 Silver / Black
    You probably already know this, but given you are only a month into your F10 experience and the weather is about to turn - just be careful, it is known to be quite playful at the slightest sign of dampness on the roads...but if you are careful (or can drive like Schumacher) I am sure you are going to fall in love with it and will enjoy it fully.

Spyros likes this.
  3. 18 Oct 2020 at 5:23 PM #23
    m3 paul

m3 paul Wearing official robes

What're you driving?:
    F10 M5
    Colour Combo:
    Monte Carlo Blue / Silverstone
    Had my F10 for approaching 2.5 years and love it. Don't post much as I really don't have much to say and have no desire to mod it, that was all out of my system when my E46 M3 days were done lol.
    Proper fast when the right settings are selected, but seems a little unloved by many with the its too big, or i miss the V10 comments etc.
    I had the V10, it sounded great, but the F10 is better in every single way other than sound. My V10 broke, oh god it broke so much!!!
    The F10 has been very reliable, pretty economical and is so nicely appointed inside and when you give it the beans is seriously quick.

I know there is a load of criticism surrounding the lack of sound but I always thought the whole point of the M5 was to fly a bit under the radar, I certainly like it that way, it really gets no attention at all that I am aware of and that is fine by me. I also thought the hot V design with the turbos was part of the muted sound. But, when I have heard mine when a BMW tech had to drive it for service a while back I thought it sounded great and with the windows down and booting it in a tunnel it certainly sounds like an M5 should.

I adore mine and have absolutely no desire to change it for many years.

kevM3, CharlieH, SimonH and 1 other person like this.
  4. 18 Oct 2020 at 5:34 PM #24
    Spyros

Spyros Achieved official socks

What're you driving?:
    F10 M5, Megane RS
    Glad to hear you are still enjoying it after so long Paul :thumbsup:

Yeah on the sound front I think it's ok. As with any M car I find the exhaust note a bit subtle bone stock. Not as bad as a stock 92 mind you. But same as a 92 just modding the back box transforms the ownership experience. I will probably do this on the F10 - just trying to work out whether it will affect my BMW engine warranty and I think the answer is that it won't (will just affect the exhaust warranty which I can live with). If anyone know's any different??

I won't mod the engine at all though. It has plenty of grunt for me.

5. 18 Oct 2020 at 9:38 PM #25
    kelvin

kelvin Wearing official underwear

What're you driving?:
    F10 M5
    Colour Combo:
    Monticarlo blue
    Love my F10 my favourite M car so far

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)