fireblade1

Flexing a golden cincture
Aug 17, 2014
Reaction score
What're you driving?
G80 M3X and X5M50D
Colour Combo
Blacks, Reds and Whites
:muttley:And what is it That you are wearing ?

Henry 145

Oct 25, 2015
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Beemers
Went to have breakfast in New Forest with some friends and on my way back switched to 2WD - it is so much fun and so playable in a controlled and confidence inspiring way to come off roundabouts or hustle it down country roads. Can only imagine the CSL and CS will be even better.

Awesome cars they really are good

fireblade1

Aug 17, 2014
Reaction score
What're you driving?
G80 M3X and X5M50D
Colour Combo
Blacks, Reds and Whites
Yes. :)
Check the pic. The HUD is really faint but hope you can see the "download" bar. :)
Bloody hell yes can see it in yellow , great news , jus t now need the genius to tell me how to get it up, thanks for taking the time to do that mate :thumbsup:

have you seen this mate @ScottBacon ?

fireblade1

Aug 17, 2014
Reaction score
What're you driving?
G80 M3X and X5M50D
Colour Combo
Blacks, Reds and Whites
Yes. :)
Check the pic. The HUD is really faint but hope you can see the "download" bar. :)
dealer has just been out for 10 mile run and concluded that bar only shows when on Motorway , in your picture see that your coming off motorway so does that make sense mate or does yours show on normal A roads ? :thumbsup:

fireblade1

Aug 17, 2014
Reaction score
What're you driving?
G80 M3X and X5M50D
Colour Combo
Blacks, Reds and Whites
Only just learnt that you can set the car to unlock when walking towards it and lock when walking away from it

madmedman

On the path
Oct 18, 2021
Reaction score
What're you driving?
G82 M4 TBII
dealer has just been out for 10 mile run and concluded that bar only shows when on Motorway , in your picture see that your coming off motorway so does that make sense mate or does yours show on normal A roads ? :thumbsup:

Yes, it was the motorway. On normal roads, I haven't noticed this at all unfortunately :(

M3 GFY

Oct 30, 2015
Reaction score
What're you driving?
G80 Mora Purple M3 Competition X-Drive
Colour Combo
Full Silverstone/Black Leather
Only just learnt that you can set the car to unlock when walking towards it and lock when walking away from it
That should have all been set up on collection for you Nick. Having said that after you going on about texts I finally worked out how to get the texts read out for you through Apple CarPlay. I did annoy the Mrs by asking BMW to open her window though. :)

DeadEye

Jan 31, 2011
Reaction score
What're you driving?
M4 CP
Colour Combo
Blue Hera Mica/Full Opal and Fjord Blue Contrast
That should have all been set up on collection for you Nick. Having said that after you going on about texts I finally worked out how to get the texts read out for you through Apple CarPlay. I did annoy the Mrs by asking BMW to open her window though. :)

What else can you open with BMW? :muttley:

Sorcerer

Wearing official crakows
Jun 7, 2016
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Superb G82 Xdrive. Awesome Porsche 911 (992) TTS. GONE. Sad.
My only dislike is that I don't get to drive it as often as I want and I wish I had got it before September 1st last year! :thumbsup:

ipuk

A mere Chipper
Jun 21, 2021
Reaction score
What're you driving?
G82
Have done just over 8k and continue to be very happy with the car, although do have the following gripes
  • Charging pad is next to useless, if the phone moves slightly it stops charging. Even when on correctly it takes very little to charge the phone. I've tried different phones.
  • Apple Car Play - just general GUI bugs... probably same for most cars
  • Squeeky breaks... only really when the wheels are dirty, just need to clean more often!
  • The front dashscreen is a b*tch to clean, and still looks dirty! Any recommendations on what to clean with would be really appreciated :)
I am still amazed at the looks the car get, even have people come and chat to me!

HB51NGH

On the path
Jul 14, 2021
Reaction score
What're you driving?
X5
Have done just over 8k and continue to be very happy with the car, although do have the following gripes
  • Charging pad is next to useless, if the phone moves slightly it stops charging. Even when on correctly it takes very little to charge the phone. I've tried different phones.
  • Squeeky breaks... only really when the wheels are dirty, just need to clean more often!
  • The front dashscreen is a b*tch to clean, and still looks dirty! Any recommendations on what to clean with would be really appreciated :)
I am still amazed at the looks the car get, even have people come and chat to me!
Agreed, the front dashscreen is hardest thing to clean on the car!

sunstoner

On the path
Nov 12, 2021
Reaction score
What're you driving?
M3 Competition
Colour Combo
Toronto Red / Silverstone
Oh yes! The wireless charging pad is useless. Overheated my phone causing the battery level to plummet.

Id almost forgotten about the squeeky brakes! Find myself having to judge breaking use when coming to a standstill. I find feathering the breaks a bit keeps the noise down. Although i did try breaking hard from high speed which seemed to fix the issue for a short while :rolleyes:

The quickest fix is to turn the 'choons' up!

fireblade1

Aug 17, 2014
Reaction score
What're you driving?
G80 M3X and X5M50D
Colour Combo
Blacks, Reds and Whites
Yep I've got text messages on I drive mate. They come up as an option in the phone menu
got them now mate, ticked the show notifications box on BMW device in Bluetooth :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread