Another BMW E46 M3 build....

Discussion in 'Member Rides' started by RyanMcce46, Mar 31, 2019.

1. 31 Mar 2019 at 8:19 PM #1
    RyanMcce46

RyanMcce46 A mere Chipper

What're you driving?:
    2005 BMW E46 M3
    Hi all,

Today I am going to share my BMW E46 M3 project/long term build. I have had the car now for over a year buying the vehicle about 300 miles away from where I live on the internet. The car on the advert sounded like the right car, high spec, low mileage, low owners, not to bad in price range, lots of history and the thing I was looking for also was a NON sunroof model. I was looking for a long time for a manual one, but as everyone knows the price difference from a SMG to a manual one, I worked out if push comes to shove and the box decides to go bang then I will convert it myself to a manual and save myself a Lot of money.

So the car, since owning it Its been up and down with it, I knew from the start the car is a 15 year old car which it doesn't bother me at all as I have wanted a M3 since I was 18. I've had a lot of E46 since 18 and I have worked on countless E46's in the past with my work, so fixing it when it did go wrong wasn't to much to worry about.

Its been in my garage for the past 7 months and with the good weather coming in I have recently spent a lot of money on it. I've fully re-furbished the complete front end replacing a lot of components and replacing a lot of fixings - Pictures will show you this.

This is just a couple things I have done to the car.

Miester GT1 coilovers with reinforcement plates all round
    New front brake Calipers,
    Genuine Front brake pads and discs,
    New drop links,
    New Genuine lower arms,
    Vibra-techniques engine mounts,
    Reinforced front subframe,
    Braided front brake lines,
    Mishimoto coolant hoses,
    Genuine thermostat all with new o-rings, temperature sensors ect,
    Genuine CSL bootlid,
    New rear brakes including handbrake shoes,
    All front end suspension bushes
    Secondary air pump delete,
    Hack Engineering coolant pipe,
    Inspection 2 service - Spark plugs, oil, air filter, valve clearances - ect,
    New poly v-belts,
    Plus a lot more !!

I am wanting to use the car a lot more this year as I hardly used it last year ! Here are a couple photos of the car, so tell me what you think !. The plans are for this car to have :

Recaro Pole position seats,
    18" wheels square set up,
    Rear v-brace by ultra racing - on order,
    Re-furbished steering wheel,
    re-condition the complete rear end,
    sort out some paintwork !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LeeE46M3 likes this.
  2. 31 Mar 2019 at 8:22 PM #2
    RyanMcce46

What're you driving?:
    2005 BMW E46 M3
  3. 2 Aug 2020 at 12:19 PM #3
    RyanMcce46

What're you driving?:
    2005 BMW E46 M3
    So a massive leap has recently happened to my e46 m3 and that leap was finally getting the complete rear end sorted.

Over the past year I have been collecting a vast amount of parts all genuine, and upgraded for my vehicle.

The car has had a complete new rear axle, all poly bushed, with all new wheel bearing, rear hubs, new nuts and bolts, new brackets, new abs sensors....... pretty much anything you can upgraded or replace on the rear end of a M3 !

I have been researching for the past 2 years who can re-inforce the boot floor on my car, and I was booked in over a year ago with a company who has a very good high standard of workmanship, but as for customer service very very poor ! So I took my business elsewhere and found a company called Weldtech Bristol. The company is also in partnership with again a company who is well known on this forum called - PS Design.

Now first of all, for customer service the owner who is a chap called Lewis is absolutely brilliant, better than some main dealerships !. Always kept me updated, and a very helpful honest person. I have worked now in the motor trade for 9 years, and I can tell you he isn’t a person who wants to rip people off, just a genuine, honest person who will tell you straight and give you the best option and opinion on your car.

If any of you know the quality of work that Lewis carry’s out, he did use to work for a very high standard company who specializes in E46 m3 bootfloors, so he’s no rookie shall we say.

the pictures will speak for itself, but after nearly 2 years, my car is now at a stage where I am over the moon.

My car I knew from day 1 was a rusty vehicle, but from day 1 Lewis worked his magic and here are the results :

4. 2 Aug 2020 at 12:26 PM #4
    RyanMcce46

What're you driving?:
    2005 BMW E46 M3
    [​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. 2 Aug 2020 at 12:28 PM #5
    RyanMcce46

What're you driving?:
    2005 BMW E46 M3
  6. 2 Aug 2020 at 12:30 PM #6
    GolfDuck

GolfDuck Staff Member Moderator

What're you driving?:
    Carless & witless
    That's clean :D

7. 2 Aug 2020 at 12:33 PM #7
    RyanMcce46

What're you driving?:
    2005 BMW E46 M3
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. 2 Aug 2020 at 12:35 PM #8
    RyanMcce46

What're you driving?:
    2005 BMW E46 M3
  9. 2 Aug 2020 at 6:29 PM #9
    M3Topperz

M3Topperz Achieved official socks

What're you driving?:
    2007 Porsche 911 997 Carrera 4S Aero Cup Kit/ 2001 Jet Black Coupe E46 M3 -Prev- E46 M3 Topaz Coupe
    Colour Combo:
    Jet Black / Imola Red
    Very nice, they have done a great job. I see your car weighed 1505kg on the scales. Is your only weight save the oem csl bootlid?

10. 2 Aug 2020 at 7:33 PM #10
    RyanMcce46

What're you driving?:
    2005 BMW E46 M3
    Only thing that’s been done is rear seat delete and a csl bootlid. Have got a square set of bmw 18”s also but for a basic weight I personally think that’s brill, 70kg lighter than factory.

Will be stripping a little bit more out soon also to get the weight down , but still be a practical functional car.

M3Topperz likes this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)