xBox

Wearing official crakows
Oct 7, 2015
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Pasta Pasta Sausage
Colour Combo
Grey Red Silver
Yes I think the 4S was produced in greater numbers worlwide than the 2S but is rarer in the UK, manual only in the 4S and you get the extended leather and turbo brakes. As you say condition is everything and these do have a few common weakspots for the dreaded tinworm (around the front and rear screens especially) a good suspension refresh if needed could set you back close to £10k. If you haven't touched base with them already I can thoroughly recommend Tom at 911Virgin, I would say they have seen or know of the vast majority of these cars that are in the UK. The ex Christian Horner S in cobalt blue came up a year or so ago with them and it is a stunning low mileage example with the Turbo S rear wings from memory, you never know they may be able to reach out to the current owner and ask the question?

Thank you, I've just had a convo with Tom, so will let you know what develops.

Turbo S rear wings are a strange option IMO, nothing against the look, just wonder why you would pay to have them on a lesser car?

xBox

Wearing official crakows
Oct 7, 2015
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Pasta Pasta Sausage
Colour Combo
Grey Red Silver
Deal has been done and I've gone for an unmolested 993 Carrera 2, 6-sp, Polar on Black, Varioram, with 53k miles. Every piece of paperwork on the car and a service for nearly every year of its life.

My thought process was:

C2 nimble, agile and light
C4 slightly duller acceleration and polluted steering feel
C2S gains very little, other than wide-body
C4S gains Turbo suspension and brakes, but still without any additional go over a C2
Turbo lots of go, but much more expensive to maintain

I had a nice Turbo on the table, but at 2x the price, the condition of this C2 won it for me!

Last edited:

AgSurfer

Wearing official crakows
Mar 20, 2018
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Intergalactic Surf Board
Colour Combo
Space Grey / Black
Deal has been done and I've gone for an unmolested 993 Carrera 2, 6-sp, Polar on Black, Varioram, with 53k miles. Every piece of paperwork on the car and a service for nearly every year of its life.

My thought process was:

C4S gains Turbo suspension and brakes, but still without any additional go over a C2

I had a nice Turbo on the table, but at 2x the price, the condition of this C2 won it for me!

Absolutely love it.

Clearly a man of exquisite taste.

Congratulations and I hope you enjoy it.

Redman

Flexing a golden cincture
Jan 17, 2011
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Always looking

My thought process was:

Stunning mate, just stunning! I’d love to get around in one of those, what a generation of car they were and still are. All those design cues still exist on todays 911s, another toast to another car :beer:

Aquarius21

Rocking a new hat
Sep 23, 2015
Reaction score
What're you driving?
E46 M3 and a few other 'mid-life crisis toys'
Colour Combo
Titan/Imola
Congrats, looks lovely. Polar doesn't photograph well but looks sublime in the metal with so much more depth than Arctic.

As tragic as it sounds I recognise that shingle in the second pic

xBox

Wearing official crakows
Oct 7, 2015
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Pasta Pasta Sausage
Colour Combo
Grey Red Silver
Absolutely love it.

Clearly a man of exquisite taste.

Congratulations and I hope you enjoy it.
Thank you. Was a thrilling journey of learning, education and speaking with wonderfully passionate and knowledgeable people in the Porsche world.

Stunning mate, just stunning! I’d love to get around in one of those, what a generation of car they were and still are. All those design cues still exist on todays 911s, another toast to another car :beer:
Thanks mate. Yeah, the classic 911 silhouette and even the square bonnet lines, that are back on 992.

Congrats, looks lovely. Polar doesn't photograph well but looks sublime in the metal with so much more depth than Arctic.

As tragic as it sounds I recognise that shingle in the second pic
Thanks. Yeah, some strange shifts on Polar, depending on the background. Doesn’t photograph well on grass for example.
Lol…… virgin gravel :p

Schmeel

Aug 11, 2012
Reaction score
What're you driving?
991.2 GT3
Colour Combo
GT Silver

My thought process was:

Congrats Xbox.

I had the good fortune to see this colour up in the "flesh" on Sunday, under some intense lighting.

The colour and indeed the car is stunning! A much more blueish hue compared to the silvers of the 996 and 997 in the studio.

Screenshot_20220511-003853_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20220511-004515_Photos.jpg

Such a beautiful, timeless and elegant car.
Enjoy in good health bud :drunk:

MaximumBob

Feb 11, 2014
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2019 M5
Lovely...enjoy.

xBox

Wearing official crakows
Oct 7, 2015
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Pasta Pasta Sausage
Colour Combo
Grey Red Silver
Congrats Xbox.

I had the good fortune to see this colour up in the "flesh" on Sunday, under some intense lighting.

The colour and indeed the car is stunning! A much more blueish hue compared to the silvers of the 996 and 997 in the studio.

View attachment 22408 View attachment 22409

Such a beautiful, timeless and elegant car.
Enjoy in good health bud :drunk:
Thanks bud :thumbsup:
Wasn't one of my preferred colours, but in the end got in under 'only allowed on a C2'.... along with Arena Red:peace:

Lovely...enjoy.
Thanks, will get a drive on Saturday, before it goes off for a service and MOT (whatever that is!!).

MaximumBob

Feb 11, 2014
Reaction score
What're you driving?
2019 M5
Thanks, will get a drive on Saturday, before it goes off for a service and MOT (whatever that is!!).
I tried very hard to buy a 993 back in the day.
My OPC arranged a driving day at Silverstone with a couple of new (zero mile) 993s to try out.
That was a fun day.
I came really close to buying a mint low mileage 993 turbo in the same colour as yours.
But the price was a little too strong at the time.

xBox

Wearing official crakows
Oct 7, 2015
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Pasta Pasta Sausage
Colour Combo
Grey Red Silver
I tried very hard to buy a 993 back in the day.
My OPC arranged a driving day at Silverstone with a couple of new (zero mile) 993s to try out.
That was a fun day.
I came really close to buying a mint low mileage 993 turbo in the same colour as yours.
But the price was a little too strong at the time.

Best not to go there. I've been casually looking for 4-yrs, but always had something higher up the priority list.

Sub-20k milers, that seemed to jump by £10k each year, until now...... now that is, with hardly any around, they would firmly be 6-figures for a C2.

And mint turbos going for what a turbo S would have fetched, back in those quiet days.

xBox

Wearing official crakows
Oct 7, 2015
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Pasta Pasta Sausage
Colour Combo
Grey Red Silver
More I've chatted to knowledgeable people, the more I've realised how difficult its becoming to find really good cars.

Rewind 15-years, when these cars were worth considerably less and owners in a completely different mindset.

Explains poor maintenance, history gaps and even the mods that you sometimes find. Thats before you even think about smokers, headunits, phone holders etc.....

jpf

Aug 20, 2014
Reaction score
What're you driving?
M4, Ariel Atom, JCW,
Colour Combo
Austin Yellow - just awesome

My thought process was:

Congratulations and enjoy. Were is that Bomb dump (in the background)

Scottyant

Jan 5, 2019
Reaction score
What're you driving?
718 spyder
Car looks in fantastic condition Xbox , the seat looks hardly used :bugeye: . Enjoy it bud , loved mine back in the day such a step up from the 964 I had before it .

xBox

Wearing official crakows
Oct 7, 2015
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Pasta Pasta Sausage
Colour Combo
Grey Red Silver
Congratulations and enjoy. Were is that Bomb dump (in the background)

Thank you. I actually don't know where that pic was taken, just found it!

Car looks in fantastic condition Xbox , the seat looks hardly used :bugeye: . Enjoy it bud , loved mine back in the day such a step up from the 964 I had before it .

Thanks, yeah, the interior condition is amazing.

I'm just back from driving it, will get my head together and write some words later!

xBox

Wearing official crakows
Oct 7, 2015
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Pasta Pasta Sausage
Colour Combo
Grey Red Silver
Couple of words re Saturdays sunny fun, on this drizzling Monday morning.

Firstly, was great to meet up with @Redman for a chat and some air-cooled tyre kicking.
A complete gent that treated me to a spin in his rather jaw dropping Performante and a lift to T5 (don't forget the £5 drop off) :beer:

Pictures can't do his car justice. It's simply incredible and ferocious in a way you can't imagine and thats from someone that knows the Performante pretty well. Hard acceleration and associated sound, that a 2WD supercar can't readily do.

Thank god I drove the 993 prior to the experience...... :D

So, the 993, which turned out to be a proper time-warp car. For someone like me, Mr New-Car, with new car expectations, it was still fresh and gorgeous, I just loved it.

- Very strong performance, amazing for 280ish bhp, with a weighty power delivery and quite some shove. The 993 was not shy or wanting in this respect:peace:

- Quintessential 911 pushing from the back, that I can't help feel has been engineered out of the 911, as Stuttgart have strived to overcome the formats drawbacks and limitations, while enhancing its strengths.

- Very precise, tight and accurate in steering and overall body movement and control. Good for any modern sports car, let alone a 26y/o.

- Wonderful bark to start up and then that air-cooled whir.

- Had forgotten the quirky offset position to steering wheel and pedals, plus the overall scattered switches, not that there's much to play with.

- Finally, it comes from a time when sports cars were harder to drive. Sure you can make the thing move, but some time, skill and learning is required to make it fluid and slick. This in no part helped by a very narrow and tricky floor hinged pedal box, but thats the 993. Reminder of why we all loved and flocked to PDK.

Thats about it for now :p

Redman

Jan 17, 2011
Reaction score
What're you driving?
Always looking
Couple of words re Saturdays sunny fun, on this drizzling Monday morning.

Firstly, was great to meet up with @Redman for a chat and some air-cooled tyre kicking.
A complete gent that treated me to a spin in his rather jaw dropping Performante and a lift to T5 (don't forget the £5 drop off) :beer:

Pictures can't do his car justice. It's simply incredible and ferocious in a way you can't imagine and thats from someone that knows the Performante pretty well. Hard acceleration and associated sound, that a 2WD supercar can't readily do.

Thank god I drove the 993 prior to the experience...... :D

So, the 993, which turned out to be a proper time-warp car. For someone like me, Mr New-Car, with new car expectations, it was still fresh and gorgeous, I just loved it.

- Very strong performance, amazing for 280ish bhp, with a weighty power delivery and quite some shove. The 993 was not shy or wanting in this respect:peace:

- Quintessential 911 pushing from the back, that I can't help feel has been engineered out of the 911, as Stuttgart have strived to overcome the formats drawbacks and limitations, while enhancing its strengths.

- Very precise, tight and accurate in steering and overall body movement and control. Good for any modern sports car, let alone a 26y/o.

- Wonderful bark to start up and then that air-cooled whir.

- Had forgotten the quirky offset position to steering wheel and pedals, plus the overall scattered switches, not that there's much to play with.

- Finally, it comes from a time when sports cars were harder to drive. Sure you can make the thing move, but some time, skill and learning is required to make it fluid and slick. This in no part helped by a very narrow and tricky floor hinged pedal box, but thats the 993. Reminder of why we all loved and flocked to PDK.

Thats about it for now :p
It was an absolute pleasure mate and real joy, thanks for letting me tag along, it was only down a few back roads for me and a chance to close up a proper sorted 993 was the only cards I needed to deal with that day!

The drive to the airport was certainly fun :muttley:

Have to say I had a proper detailed look at your new 993 and boy was it immaculate. All the seats, steering wheel, interior and that fabulous paint, perfection! I don’t think the Pork network can hand a car in that condition, 911virgin were top notch bunch, very welcoming too. Big congrats, I’m proper glad they are fast enough, I need one asap! Cheers mate :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread