2006 BMW 330CI Manual Convertible For Sale

Discussion in 'Cars for sale' started by billymac, Jun 10, 2019.

1. 10 Jun 2019 at 11:12 PM #1
    billymac

billymac On the path

Your Motor:
    2006 330ci Convertible
    Colour Combo:
    Graphite/Black
    2006 BMW 330CI Manual Convertible For Sale

Here is my 2006 E46 330ci convertible for sale. Build date January 2006 and first registered AY06XLO on 10/03/2006 and it is one of the last facelifted ones to benefit from the lower tax bracket. The mileage is 83000 and this is backed up by a comprehensive itemised service history going back to it was new. The car’s VOSA MOT history also fully backs up the indicated mileage. The current MOT expires on 15/04/2020. It is currently registered as M333BMD but this plate will be removed before sale and it will revert back to the original AY06XLO. I am the sixth owner and also the one with the shortest time with the car. The five previous owned it from 2-4 years according to the names/dates on the service receipts.

I have not owned the car for very long. I bought it with the intention of it being run only on sunny days and holidays using it to replace my R172 SLK automatic that I recently sold on Ebay (check my feedback for proof!).

I had the notion that I would prefer to go back to a manual gearbox 330 having had three manual E46’s in the past (330, M3, 330, all cabrios) and so I travelled the length of the country (Southampton) to source this one. Unfortunately, after a couple of months living with the car I feel I am more suited to an automatic SLK and with this in mind I have just bought another, it’s a lovely 17 year old SLK320 with low miles, 3.2 litre and automatic. Far more suitable to a man nearing retirement age!

As for this car, it has spent it’s entire live in the south of England and as such is in very good condition inside, outside and particularly underneath where the lack of salt on the roads has kept the underside in great order with all original brake pipes and fuel pipes still fitted. It even has the original M-tech factory stickers on the front lower suspension arms.

The spec is as follows.

Sparkling Graphite paintwork, gloss black outside trim, interior has black Dakota heated leather with no rips or tears on the bolster or elsewhere, electric memory front seats, black “Cube” aluminium trim in great condition, BMW Business CD with Bluetooth, stumpy aerial, recovered (Royal Steering Wheels) M-tech steering wheel, thickened, half perforated nappa leather with BMW motorsport stiching. New gear knob, the correct oem weighted one. Xenon headlights, 6 speed manual gearbox (Gearbox and rear diff oil changed 18/04/2019) I also fitted brand new 18” M359 BMW competition style alloy wheels 8+9 inch wide with slightly greater offsets to fill the arches. Stainless valves were also fitted at the same time. Genuine E46 M3 cup mirrors without electric adjustment or heating (unmarked original mirrors are full heated, electric, with dipping on reverse and come with the car, can be refitted in 5 mins per side) Gloss black front grills (originals supplied too). I have also fitted a genuine E46 M3 strut brace to tighten up the front end.

The biggest extra of all is a full factory hardtop the proper M-tech one with gloss black trim and black headcloth. This is perfect for the winter and gives the car a cool pillarless coupe look into the bargain. When I bought this roof it was originally black but had it painted to match the car. In my ocd mode it is a shade out but gets away with it as it is a lift off roof and a different panel. Judge for yourself from the pics. The first aid pack is untouched and still located at the front of the passenger seat. The glove box torch is still in place too!

I have fitted a fuse protected dual USB charging point in the glovebox. One side is free to charge mobiles etc and the other is to power a concealed wiring, good quality, high definition dash cam. The camera is fully automatic and comes on with the ignition and stays on for a minute after the ignition is switched off. This is all included in the asking price.

I like my cars to be in top order so when I bought it I serviced it. Changed the engine oil and filter also changed the gearbox and diff oils too. Spark plugs were recently changed as was the air filter. So these were removed, cleaned, checked and refitted.

It was apparent that the handbrake required some attention, so I ordered and fitted new rear discs and pads. While these were being fitted the parking brake was stripped, cleaned and adjusted to the correct spec. Front calipers were also removed, cleaned, checked, measured and refitted at the same time.

The history shows that the crankcase vent valve breather hoses and PCV crank case ventilation cyclone oil separator have been replaced. In addition to this I have replaced the cam/valve cover gasket. These are items that must be done as the BMW M54 engine (as fitted to this car) nears 100k miles. This car is at 83k miles but done as a precaution

Receipts for all for the work done on the car from new are included in the car’s history forder

If you are wondering how I managed all of this, I lecture motor studies in the local college so I have access to ramps, tools and diagnostic equipment. I also have access to Autodata for service specifications and print out sheets.

The tyres are Falken Ziex ZE914 all round with about 5-6mm of tread, the wheel centres are also new as are the M badges on the wheels.

The front side repeaters were a bit milky with age so those have been replaced with good quality Depo ones, still LED tho’ and originals are available. I also fitted chrome amber capless 21w bulbs in the indicators in the headlights to get rid of the fried egg look! LED festoon bulbs in the numberplate lamps too.

The car drives as tight as a drum, good clutch, steering, suspension and brakes. It is quiet and smooth with no untoward rattles, clunks or bangs. Despite it’s age I reckon it handles like it did when it left the factory and brakes as straight as a die. For a car of it’s age it is really outstandingly good to drive.

Like any car that is 13 years old there are a few imperfections/scratches/stonechips on the paintwork/bodywork but none that give any real cause for concern (or I would not have bought it! lol) but to be clear, there is NO rust anywhere on the bodywork. Overall it is in very good condition. The car comes with two keys, all BMW books/paperwork and a massive history folder.

So there you have it. I’ve written a book but at the end of the day I like to cover everything about a car I’m selling. As for a price, I’m looking to get £6500 or a very near offer. I think this is fair given what I paid and the work and add ons I’ve fitted to make this a great example of the marque.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  2. 14 Jul 2019 at 5:53 PM #2
    billymac

billymac On the path

Your Motor:
    2006 330ci Convertible
    Colour Combo:
    Graphite/Black
    Some more pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SteveW99 likes this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)